Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 12-26-2016, 04:06 PM   #1
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono

Ideal Heart Rate?

Okay, some stuff has changed since I last posted. I finally got a yearly plan at World Gym and they have some of the stationary bikes that I like - as well as better weight machines and Treadmills.

Before the Christmas Holiday, I went to the gym and exercised on the stationary bike. The bike has 2 options. One is called "Fat Loss" which works up to 65% of your heart rate. There is a second option called "Cardio" which works up to about 80% of your heart rate.

Before the holidays, I went to the gym, did the weights, and got on the bike and did the "Cardio" setting for about 20 Minutes. When I went to walk on the treadmill, I got what I initially thought was a machine glitch - somehow, on 20 Minutes of "Cardio" I managed to get my heart rate up to 185. I stopped exercising and went home - thinking it was a glitch - but the next day, I had to leave work early because my heart was racing so badly and the cleaning chemicals - which normally don't bother me - just overwhelmed me.

So, lesson learned is: don't do "Cardio" for 20 minutes when you still weigh 223 Pounds.

Now, I'm kinda at a loss on bike issues. Because the bikes are still somewhat new, what would be an ideal time to pedal on the "Fat Loss" option? I'm hesitant to do "Cardio" again for a long time mostly because I'm scared of having a heart attack.

On the other hand, the gym has treadmills that measure your walking and running into laps. About 4 laps equals 1 mile.

I want to do both bike and treadmill, but I just don't know what's safe - heart rate-wise - and what I should avoid. Any ideas or opinions?

Unread 12-28-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
fabrickind
Aspiring Senpai

This is something you need to ask your doctor, not strangers on the internet. Your health and safety come first, and since this is a health-related question specific to your needs, your doctor is really the only one who can tell you what is safe for your body.

EDIT: If you are wondering what makes this something you need to talk to your doctor about but not other things in this subforum, it's the difference between asking "what is the ideal heart rate for fat burning" and "what is the ideal heart rate so I don't put too much strain on my body and have a heart attack." There's a pretty major difference there, and you seem to be asking the latter.

Last edited by fabrickind : 12-28-2016 at 10:20 PM.
fabrickind is offline   Reply With Quote