Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Unread 06-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
setsuna77
setsuna

Exclamation Locations at AX

Hi guys. I was wondering if you have favorite location spots during AX at the actual convention center you like to shoot at. Considering how crowded it can be I realize spaces are hard to find. But two of the photoshoots I will be planning to do will be at the con due to request.

I'm trying to be away from the crowds. I will be doing my own scouting too but wanted to see if you guys had any opinions about the LA convention center. Thanks guys !
setsuna77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
heekun

Immediately north of the main entrance to the west hall building has a covered area that connects to the parking garages. If you need a dimly light, bare concrete look, this area might be useful. It can get busy at times as other photographers seem to like using this area as well.

Last edited by heekun : 06-14-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: grammar
heekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #3
Access

What characters / groups / shows?
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
setsuna77
setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post
What characters / groups / shows?
Ashbel from Tales of Grace.
setsuna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2015, 12:52 AM   #5
Lamborghini

This is extremely decent and respectable post.....you shook posting it.....thanks a great deal for posting it....!!

cert-killer.ws Cisco 200-120 Test 642-732 Practice Exam 117-201 Exam 1z0-047 VCE 642-035 Certification JK0-017

Last edited by Lamborghini : 01-26-2016 at 04:30 AM.
Lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #6
Buwoh
fle&

Well, there's actually four spots for me.

1. You could go to the location that's right in front of the parking lot of the west hall as heekun already suggested. The lighting is really nice at night for people because it's dim setting off a grim or gloomy atmosphere.

2. If you walk about a couple steps over to the right of that area there's another place that's great for taking photos during the day. There's three or four metal abstract statues that align the entrance along the way towards the west halls parking lot. It's got green tealeaves and shrubbery so it's awesome for anyone looking for a natural background.

3. If you take the stair way to the side entrance of the west hall above the parking lot; usually it's the entrance to the masquerade. My friends and I like going there and standing on the landing that overlooks across the way towards the Nokia Theatre. Careful not to fall! Just because we have gotten away with it during the day when we can see doesn't mean I would even suggest climbing it at night.

4. Walk further down S Figueroa street until you pass Olympic Blvd. There is this really nice black granite waterfall with some beautiful greenery along the sides of it. I've seen many cosplayers take pictures there but I have never done it myself.

Hope this helped, I'll be attending AX 2015 so if you'd like to know of any other spots I happen to find out about or if you want to meet up so I can show you the spots personally I don't mind. My contact information is located in my all my cosplay photos. Best of luck to you, be safe!

♱⎨ғᴇᴛɪsʜғᴏʀғʟᴇsʜ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ɪs ǫᴜɪᴛᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ
ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛs ɴᴏᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴏʀɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴛᴀɪʟ.
ɪᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɢᴏᴅs ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ.
ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴡᴀʀɴᴇᴅ.IG:@nerdyxgirly // Twtr:@kitsunescharm
Buwoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2015, 09:10 PM   #7
ren-chancosplay

I'd also like to know this as well! Thank you all for the tips!
ren-chancosplay is offline   Reply With Quote