Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
SushiKuroneko
We will meet again...

Help: Bingeing

I've been a big lurker of the fitness forum, but have never actually posted a thread. But now, I will.

I confess. After months and months of working out and eating healthy, I binged tonight. Majorly. And now I feel as guilty as ever.

So, fitness people... how do you keep yourselves from bingeing and giving into massive amounts of delectable delights?

Otaaaaaa 2011~

Costumes
Kyoko Mogami- Skip Beat
Rabi~en~Rose- Digi Charat
tbd?
SushiKuroneko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
Kungfufish
I'm a villain

i don't think one night is gonna hurt ya. some people have a cheat day/meal once a week or once every couple of weeks or month(s). it varies on your willpower i guess lol. idk hope this helps

photo portfolio
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjr3ARhj
Kungfufish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #3
doctorjackal777

Have the occasional small sweet treat instead. If you completly deprive yourself of anything nice for an extended period of time your more likly to get frustrated and suddenly pig out. You need to find a nice balance between your diet food and then maybe a slice of cake every now and then. For example dont feel guitly having something small off the dessert menue if you go out with friend or nicking achip out of someone elses bucket. You get to say yum without completly ruining all your work.
doctorjackal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
FallofIcarus

I have trouble with bingeing myself. What helps me is planning out my meals. I know the worst for me is when I get home from work. I just feel like eating. If my dinner is already planned out then I just focus on that and don't have a problem. It's when I don't know what to eat or don't have ingredients that I find myself just gorging on whatever snack food I can find. However, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy snacks. I just make sure that I plan them so that I don't overdo. And then I can actually enjoy what I eat. Just listen to your body. You'll come to learn what you REALLY need (as opposed to want) and when you've reached your limit. After some practice it becomes very easy to just listen to your body. Normally, I could binge on an entire chocolate bar. But now, I know that I feel much more satisfied when I just eat about 1/3 of it. Plus, that leaves extra for another day! ^^

Lets be friends on Facebook

Follow me on twitter @Dolly_cosplay

Please support me in Cosplay Idol
FallofIcarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
leeleeleelee
X-Force Intern

I schedule cheat days. You have to give yourself some wiggle room so that one night won't make you feel like a massive failure.
Tron (Tron Legacy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
...what the actual hell. I think you've just guaranteed your romantic doom here.
leeleeleelee is offline   Reply With Quote