Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 07-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Padme Amidala Hair

So if you have seen any of the Star Wars Prequels, you know that Padme has some outrageous hairstyles to try and achieve. The one I am looking to replicate, be it fully with a wig or with partially my hair and a clip in piece, is from the battle outfit she and the handmaidens wear at the end of Episode I. I did this costume 8 years ago, but didn't have the hairstyle. I'm thinking of remaking it for Star Wars Celebration V this year, and want to have everything exact if possible. I am willing to dye my hair for her outfit, I dye it different colors all the time, so no big deal. The main reason I'm actually looking to try it with my hair is the fact that her hair is tightly pulled back, and it's hard to get a wig to look like that. But I will use a wig if it will be the better option.

Here's a few photos to show what I'm looking for.

Front: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nt=battle6.jpg

Back: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nt=battle5.jpg

I wish it was easier to find good pictures of this hairstyle, but it's not. I do have more pictures in the gallery: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...%20References/

Any help, ideas, or pointing of me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

You're going to want a LOOOOOTTTTTTTT of bob pins and hair spray for this one.

Once I get to feeling better I'll attempt it on my long haired manikin to see what I can do, but I think what I would do is pull all the hair up into a ponytail at first - then take the majority of the hair in the ponytail and make the hourglass shape. Pin it into place with bobby pins and some spray. To help get it to keep shape, tease it a little bit and spray it. Hairspray is god, worship it. xD Then take whatever hair you have left and wrap it around your elastic and then around the hourglass, pinning where ever you feel the need to pin.

I love doing updo's and complicated things like this. :3 I might try it tomorrow night in class if I get to feeling better.

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
AkaneTakada

check out the rebels legion forum. They have many avid Padme Amidala cosplayers there and Im sure they can answer your questions in great detail.
AkaneTakada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowchrist View Post
You're going to want a LOOOOOTTTTTTTT of bob pins and hair spray for this one.

Once I get to feeling better I'll attempt it on my long haired manikin to see what I can do, but I think what I would do is pull all the hair up into a ponytail at first - then take the majority of the hair in the ponytail and make the hourglass shape. Pin it into place with bobby pins and some spray. To help get it to keep shape, tease it a little bit and spray it. Hairspray is god, worship it. xD Then take whatever hair you have left and wrap it around your elastic and then around the hourglass, pinning where ever you feel the need to pin.

I love doing updo's and complicated things like this. :3 I might try it tomorrow night in class if I get to feeling better.
Yeah, I'm used to tons of bobby pins and hairspray, and what you said as an idea had sorta popped into my head before. I might try it and even get some extensions to wrap around my hair since it's not all one length if I use my real hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaneTakada View Post
check out the rebels legion forum. They have many avid Padme Amidala cosplayers there and Im sure they can answer your questions in great detail.
I poked around there a bit, and saw stuff for a lot of her other hairstyles, but not much on this one. I might look some more soon. Thanks for the suggestion.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote