Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 11-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
Adeloki

Shippuden Sasuke skirt tutorial

Hey guys, so I'm planning on a doing a gender bent cosplay of shippuden Sasuke, but I need a bit of help with his skirt ...thing. Does anyone have a pattern for that part of the cosplay?
The fabric I'm using is a cotton blend/broadcloth that is about 65% polyester and 35% cotton, basically I'm trying to say it isn't a super thick, heavy fabric.
Fem vegeta
Adeloki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:44 AM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

http://tessacrownster.deviantart.com...uden-271215160
This has the skirt thing..It's about halfway down the picture..It looks like a D on it's side..Then you wrap it around your body.

By the way, just so you know..I'm strongly assuming you didn't even bother searching yourself..I literally typed in "sasuke uchiha tutorial" on google and that was literally the first thing that came up..And I say this not to be a jerk, but because generally, looking up stuff that's very easy to find is something you should try doing before asking. I understand if it's something that may be hard to find, or you don't know what to look for, but I made the most general search possible and the very first one was what you wanted..Meaning you could have done it just as easily, and since you are asking, that means you didn't..We generally, here, like to help others, but it's not really that great when we have to do the work for you.
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 11-08-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
Adeloki

Thank you for the link to the tutorial, however I want to set some things straight.
I did spend about 2-3 hours in total looking for a tutorial before I posted up the question, and actually was planning on using the same tutorial you sent me for the top shirt part because that part made sense to me, however the part where it was showing how to sew the skirt piece did not.( I found that same tutorial long before I even though to post up on here)
I understand how easy it is to find full tutorials on google simply by searching up the cosplay I need, however my intention for asking on this specific site, a site where many people have personal tips and tricks from their experience in cosplaying, was to learn from other's advice which in this case was for making a skirt piece.
As a person who is fairly new to making a cosplay by hand, let alone sewing in general I feel that it is fairly warranted that I ask for help on making something that, while to you seems simple enough, is new and therefore somewhat difficult to me. I am not asking for people to do work for me, I'm simply asking for some help.
Just as you say you did not mean to say what you did to be a jerk, I do not say this to be offensive. I just felt uncomfortable that something was assumed of me that was not true.
Fem vegeta
Unread 11-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Well if you found that tutorial already, it tells you what to do. You cut out that shape, either one with a hem or 2 together, the one and a new is best because it doesn't matter) and wrap it around your body. There's nothing else to it. Nothing else anyone says will make a difference. That's how it's made. There isn't another way. You can't get any more ways to do that one piece since that way is it. Getting tips from us won't get you any further than that tutorial is what I'm saying. You're asking us to tell you how to do what you already saw how to do.
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
Adeloki

Then can you tell me why I need to make small cuts near the edge of the fabric or why I can't just sew two pieces together leaving a sizable gap on one side so that later I could flip it inside out to hide the seams, this is what I learned from outside sources by asking for help other than this site. Asking for tips will will help me understand why there are certain steps in the process, I need to know why somethings are done not just how, so that I can take that experience and make it useful in the future.
Fem vegeta
Unread 11-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #6
DeeperBlue
In Over Her Head

To answer your questions, you clip the curves so the fabric can curve properly without bunching. Like this: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/08...nd-curves.html
And you know, I do agree with you that flipping it inside out would look so much better and even be easier to do, just folding them and tacking them down like that looks kinda terrible. That tutorial is kinda hard to understand and could really be improved upon, tbh. If you have any questions or need more advice, feel free to ask and I'll do what I can to help. ^.^

Fayt Leingod - Star Ocean:Till the End of Time - 35% finished

Izanagi no Okami - Persona 4 - Planning stages

Next Con: Anime Expo 2015
DeeperBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #7
Adeloki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeperBlue View Post
To answer your questions, you clip the curves so the fabric can curve properly without bunching. Like this: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/08...nd-curves.html
And you know, I do agree with you that flipping it inside out would look so much better and even be easier to do, just folding them and tacking them down like that looks kinda terrible. That tutorial is kinda hard to understand and could really be improved upon, tbh. If you have any questions or need more advice, feel free to ask and I'll do what I can to help. ^.^
Thank you for the link^_^ Although I will most likely use the "flip inside out method" for this cosplay, the next time something similar to this happens I will use the link you sent me, a very nice tutorial that is clear in it's pictures and explanations.
Fem vegeta
Unread 11-13-2014, 03:35 AM   #8
ToasterRabbit

Hi! I hope this isn't too late, but I am actually making a fem!Sasuke outfit too!
I'm gonna be making his shirt and skirt thing tomorrow and would be happy to take some pictures and write some descriptions out for you??

I actually saw that tutorial and was thinking of making one since that one is...rough to say the least and difficult to understand.
ToasterRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #9
Adeloki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToasterRabbit View Post
Hi! I hope this isn't too late, but I am actually making a fem!Sasuke outfit too!
I'm gonna be making his shirt and skirt thing tomorrow and would be happy to take some pictures and write some descriptions out for you??

I actually saw that tutorial and was thinking of making one since that one is...rough to say the least and difficult to understand.
That would be awesome! Thank you very much ^_^
Fem vegeta
Unread 11-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #10
ToasterRabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeloki View Post
I ended up getting caught up working on the shirt and the rest of our team seven's outfits but doing the skirt today! so expect some pics and how to by tomorrow at the latest
Unread 11-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #11
ToasterRabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeloki View Post
sorry about how long it took me to get back! I didn't know you had replied!

but here is the little sorta Tut I made, the links send you to Tumblr

Part I

Part II
Unread 11-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #12
Adeloki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToasterRabbit View Post
sorry about how long it took me to get back! I didn't know you had replied!

but here is the little sorta Tut I made, the links send you to Tumblr

Part I

Part II
thank you so much^^
Fem vegeta