Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 143 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 08-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #706
LPgohan

Hello all, I am looking for a tutorial on how to make Imitation Black Len Kagamine and a tutorial on how to make the top for Heart Hunter Miku.

I have a pattern for the basic dress for Imitation Black Len, but I don't know how to add the teirs to the skirt part of the dress, I don't know how to do the train, and I don't know how to do the sleeves with the dress being strapless.

For Heart Hunter Miku, I don't know how to make the top with the sides, front, and back open like that without it looking bad, the open heart in the front, the collar attached to the shirt like that, the wings, the tail, and what I'm assuming is a garter attached to the socks.

If you would like reference pictures for these cosplays, let me know, I'll gladly provide them. I want to get these cosplays done for January, that's when I'm going to my next con.
Yoshika Miyako 10% - Touhou Project
Advent Cirno 60% - Touhou Project
Kyoko Sakura 80% - Madoka Magica (Need to redo the jacket and sleeves)
LPgohan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #707
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPgohan View Post
Hello all, I am looking for a tutorial on how to make Imitation Black Len Kagamine and a tutorial on how to make the top for Heart Hunter Miku.

I have a pattern for the basic dress for Imitation Black Len, but I don't know how to add the teirs to the skirt part of the dress, I don't know how to do the train, and I don't know how to do the sleeves with the dress being strapless.

For Heart Hunter Miku, I don't know how to make the top with the sides, front, and back open like that without it looking bad, the open heart in the front, the collar attached to the shirt like that, the wings, the tail, and what I'm assuming is a garter attached to the socks.

If you would like reference pictures for these cosplays, let me know, I'll gladly provide them. I want to get these cosplays done for January, that's when I'm going to my next con.
Yes please, pictures would help. Usually ruffles are long strips trimed, hemmed and gathered and then sewn to the skirt before the waistban is added to the skirt. Look in a sewing book for better insturctions. The sleeves can be made by putting elastic in the top and or use body glue. The same with garters. They have elastic in them and that's how they say up. I'm sorry, but without a picture I'm working blind.
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #708
K1k2

Tron Clothing?
K1k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #709
MalteseLizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1k2 View Post
Tron Clothing?
Could you be more specific?
Tron clothing normally seems to involve a lot of EL wire and EL tape, but there seem to be quite a few tutorials for that on youtube

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #710
HeyItsSasuke
M|♐|Pansexual

Hey everyone,
I'm doing a toughy- Lexaeus's weapon from Kingdom Hearts.
I've convinced my dad to cosplay, and out of all the Orgy 13 members he chose the least cosplayed and hardest looking >.< Any advice or redirection to another thread or a tutorial would be appriciated.
Reference: http://mydisguises.com/wp-content/up...lexaeusart.jpg
the-prince-of-blood.tumblr.com

♥Current Cosplay♥
Sasuke Uchiha(Naruto)
Alois Trancy(Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji)
Casual Roxas(Kingdom Hearts)
Dave Strider(Homestuck)
World Is Mine Miku(Vocaloid)
John Egbert(Homestuck)
Karkat(Homestuck)
God Tier Dave(Homestuck)
Kankri Vantas (Homestuck)

♥Cosplays in Progress♥
Organization 13 Roxas(Kingdom Hearts)
God Tier Eridan (Homestuck)

♥Cons♥
AkiCon - SakuraCon

Last edited by HeyItsSasuke : 08-31-2012 at 10:55 PM.
HeyItsSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #711
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I'm sure there isn't a tutorial for Lexeaus' weapon. I've looked all over for all the members weapons, but I can tell you a good light weight way to do it. I haven't done THAT weapon myself, but it will work the same as my Buster Sword Tutorial made of insulation foam. I can also tell you a god cardboard method that will be harder to do, and a tad heavier, but it won't be as fragile.
If you want to know, you can PM me.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #712
HeyItsSasuke
M|♐|Pansexual

Thanks Jason- You're the god of props and wigs. I see your stuff everywhere XD
I'll try to model it using your Buster Sword tutorial. (I've tried to make a keyblade out of cardboard with Featherweight's tutorial. Let's just say, that material is NOT my friend XD)
the-prince-of-blood.tumblr.com

♥Current Cosplay♥
Sasuke Uchiha(Naruto)
Alois Trancy(Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji)
Casual Roxas(Kingdom Hearts)
Dave Strider(Homestuck)
World Is Mine Miku(Vocaloid)
John Egbert(Homestuck)
Karkat(Homestuck)
God Tier Dave(Homestuck)
Kankri Vantas (Homestuck)

♥Cosplays in Progress♥
Organization 13 Roxas(Kingdom Hearts)
God Tier Eridan (Homestuck)

♥Cons♥
AkiCon - SakuraCon
HeyItsSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #713
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Thank you ^_^
I love his stuff though but I have been using cardboard for years doing other things..

But you are gonna want to do the bid part with the "x" on it (the part right above the handle) out of a separate piece..I can show you how to make this with little drawings. It's actually easy once you get it..But PM me if you want to know that part as to not clog the thread.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #714
animegail

Sorry if this has been posted before... I didn't have the patience for all 48 pages XD
I'm looking for a tutorial for the Highschool Of The Dead uniform... Particularly the top. It's like an odd mixture of a sailor fuku and a button up shirt. Any help would be much appreciated~ :3
animegail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #715
Ketania

I'm completely new to cosplaying and prop-making literally but for my first con I wanted to go as Nanoha. I have my outfit being custom made but it won't be complete without Raising Heart. Right now I'm having trouble on finding commissioners to make the prop. Is there any easy-to-follow tutorial on making this myself?

Heres a pic of it http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21.../device_rh.png
Ketania is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #716
RivenWings

Looking for a how to on making bag wings like Morrigan's from Dark Stalkers and how to keep them on my hips (I would probably use a headband for the ones on her head) just unsure how to keep the structure of the ones on her hips on there and to keep it from flopping around.
Castle Point 2013
Anime Boston 2013
AnimeNEXT 2013
Otakon 2013

Upcoming Cosplays:
Beatrice - Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Yuno Gasai - Mirai Nikki
Black Rock Shooter
Mami Tomoe - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Asuna Yuuki - Sword Art Online
Stocking - Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Mitsuru Kirijo - Persona 3
Shana - Shakugan no Shana
RivenWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #717
animazn

Exclamation Need help with Black Star cosplay from Soul Eater!!!

Hey all! I need help in both deciding and making my cosplay for Black Star. I'm cross dressing either a regular version(anime) or a manga version. I think the manga one would be cooler but I hope people will recognize it though. I either want to do his outfit from Spartoi or his outfit in shadow star first form chain of blackness so I can make the cool scythe the Spartoi one is def easier to make.
Spartoi: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...id_Spartoi.jpg
(manga outfit)

Shadow Star:
http://souleater.wikia.com/wiki/Shad...n_of_Blackness (regular outfit cool sycthe)

I need ideas for the cosplay. Mainly for his regular one because his outfit is a bit complex. For example the pants are like shorts and sweats at the same time so I guess I could do something like that. I'm a newbie when it comes to cosplaying. His shirt is the annoying one with the ninja like cone around his neck like Sauske. There's also the sliver lining for his belt and shirt. Not to mention I should do something for his gloves too. I would make the scythe out of cardboard and paper mache then paint.

This is why the Spartoi is easier with plain colors and stuff. But I just want some ideas from people who are pro at this Feel free to share this with others.
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #718
lotje19912

hey im new in cosplay and realy wanne make one of Teito Klein from 07 ghost but dont know how. any tips?

lotje19912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #719
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Any tutorials on how to dye non heat resistant wigs?

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 09-12-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #720
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by animegail View Post
Sorry if this has been posted before... I didn't have the patience for all 48 pages XD
I'm looking for a tutorial for the Highschool Of The Dead uniform... Particularly the top. It's like an odd mixture of a sailor fuku and a button up shirt. Any help would be much appreciated~ :3
For future referance you can click on the "search this thread" option at the top of the thread. In this case it wouldn't have done any good. I got no hits. Unfortunately, without a picture I can't help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketania View Post
I'm completely new to cosplaying and prop-making literally but for my first con I wanted to go as Nanoha. I have my outfit being custom made but it won't be complete without Raising Heart. Right now I'm having trouble on finding commissioners to make the prop. Is there any easy-to-follow tutorial on making this myself?

Heres a pic of it http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21.../device_rh.png
What anime is this from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivenWings View Post
Looking for a how to on making bag wings like Morrigan's from Dark Stalkers and how to keep them on my hips (I would probably use a headband for the ones on her head) just unsure how to keep the structure of the ones on her hips on there and to keep it from flopping around.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=254708&highlight=%2Bwings+%2BMorr igan

Try the above thread. Also, search Morrigan Aensland under props/accessories/armor and you'll get several more options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animazn View Post
Hey all! I need help in both deciding and making my cosplay for Black Star. I'm cross dressing either a regular version(anime) or a manga version. I think the manga one would be cooler but I hope people will recognize it though. I either want to do his outfit from Spartoi or his outfit in shadow star first form chain of blackness so I can make the cool scythe the Spartoi one is def easier to make.
Spartoi: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...id_Spartoi.jpg
(manga outfit)

Shadow Star:
http://souleater.wikia.com/wiki/Shad...n_of_Blackness (regular outfit cool sycthe)

I need ideas for the cosplay. Mainly for his regular one because his outfit is a bit complex. For example the pants are like shorts and sweats at the same time so I guess I could do something like that. I'm a newbie when it comes to cosplaying. His shirt is the annoying one with the ninja like cone around his neck like Sauske. There's also the sliver lining for his belt and shirt. Not to mention I should do something for his gloves too. I would make the scythe out of cardboard and paper mache then paint.

This is why the Spartoi is easier with plain colors and stuff. But I just want some ideas from people who are pro at this Feel free to share this with others.
I don't understand the confusion. The first pic is what I'm going off of...It looks like he is wearing a long scarf wrapped several times, a sleeveless tee and capi sweatpants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotje19912 View Post
hey im new in cosplay and realy wanne make one of Teito Klein from 07 ghost but dont know how. any tips?

http://www.simplicity.com/p-3069-mens-costumes.aspx

Try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
Any tutorials on how to dye non heat resistant wigs?
Under the wigs and hair try the sub forum:wigs and hair FAQ's line. Search for dyeing, non-heat, resistant and you'll get six options.