Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 228 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 09-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #721
Risami

I been looking at zipper tutorials they seem easy but i'm worried about how to put it on a skirt when you sew the seam to attatch the zipper how do you even sew the zipper without sewing it on the drses where it would mess up? I don't know how to explain it but the skirt is all round closed together wehre you put the zipper in that seam in the middle but i'm afraid of sewing the zipper to the front of the skirt like the back will be attach to it. are there tutorials on that? I can't find any at all they only show a seperate clothes where its easy but dont' show how they install it on the skirt. and this is for a pleated skirt

Last edited by Risami : 09-14-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: forgot to add smething
Risami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #722
memmnon

hey i'm looking for a tutorial on how to make a Snorlax costume anyone got one? please Pm me
memmnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #723
Claeris
Frazzled Cosplayer

Question Spray Painting/ Coloring Plastic

Hi there!

I'm looking for a tutorial about spray painting plastic to look like shiny metal.

I'm working on a Lady Thor cosplay and have a shiny plastic metal helmet that needs to be treated. I know if I just simply spray it, the paint will chip off. How do I get the spray paint to say on the helmet?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Claeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #724
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risami View Post
I been looking at zipper tutorials they seem easy but i'm worried about how to put it on a skirt when you sew the seam to attatch the zipper how do you even sew the zipper without sewing it on the drses where it would mess up? I don't know how to explain it but the skirt is all round closed together wehre you put the zipper in that seam in the middle but i'm afraid of sewing the zipper to the front of the skirt like the back will be attach to it. are there tutorials on that? I can't find any at all they only show a seperate clothes where its easy but dont' show how they install it on the skirt. and this is for a pleated skirt
Look here:http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=149981 or try a basic sewing book. Simplicity and McCall's/ Butterick make good sewing books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memmnon View Post
hey i'm looking for a tutorial on how to make a Snorlax costume anyone got one? please Pm me
Picture please. I don't know that character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claeris View Post
Hi there!
I'm looking for a tutorial about spray painting plastic to look like shiny metal.
I'm working on a Lady Thor cosplay and have a shiny plastic metal helmet that needs to be treated. I know if I just simply spray it, the paint will chip off. How do I get the spray paint to say on the helmet?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
This sounds like a really easy question, I'm waiting for the trap.
Without see the helmet, all I can say is use spray primer. In hobby stores it's usually with the paints in the model section. If they don't have it try a game store. They will have it next to their minitures (if they don't then they're not a well stocked game store). Spray primer from a game store will usually work on metal and plastic but check to make sure. Also, make sure the surface is clean before using. Then spray with the color of your choice. You can take the helmet in to match it just right, make sure you get a type that can be used on plastic.
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #725
nickoswar

REQUEST: I'm looking for a tutorial on how to make small prop items more specifically a potion from pokemon. I think the outfit is alot better if your able to pull out small items like.
nickoswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #726
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Do you have a picture? I know about Poke balls, but I have no clue what he potions look like.
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #727
nickoswar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
Do you have a picture? I know about Poke balls, but I have no clue what he potions look like.
I have these pictures. The ones on the card are the more detailed ones. Im only expecting to find a tutorial on how to make the generic potion(purple)
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #728
nickoswar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoswar View Post
I have these pictures. The ones on the card are the more detailed ones. Im only expecting to find a tutorial on how to make the generic potion(purple)
http://imgur.com/a/J3EuE#0

I forgot to add the link to the images
Unread 09-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #729
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

I need help finding a tutorial on how to alter a shirt size to make it bigger around the bust area

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #730
himari_chan

I'm looking for Miku's Christmas ver. patterns or something close like this one here....

http://www.cosrain.com/2011/12/miiko...-20111224.html
himari_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #731
anime_grl

hi! i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make a simple half-sweater/shoulder slip/cover up type of thingy.. it's for miku zatsune and i have no idea how to start.. heheh ^.^"
all help is appreciated!
(PS i need it by oct 30!)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-09-21 at 8.20.38 AM.png (109.3 KB, 0 views)
anime_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #732
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoswar View Post
http://imgur.com/a/J3EuE#0

I forgot to add the link to the images
I couldn't find a tutorial. Sorry. Looking at pics and discriptions though, I have a suggestion. Have you thought of buying a generic spray bottle and either using sculpty or eva foam to wrap around the top part? Sculpty if you don't care it it sprays and eva or similiar foam if you want it to actually work.
The kind I'm thinking about are usually found in the travel or cleaning section of Walmart. Short and about hand size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
I need help finding a tutorial on how to alter a shirt size to make it bigger around the bust area
Is the shirt alread made? If it is there isn't much you can do...normally to make a shirt bigger in the bust area you have to slit the seam under the arms and add fabric or a gusset there which then messes with the sleeve. It is alway easier to make something smaller then bigger. Have you thought about getting a bigger shirt and making the waist smaller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_grl View Post
hi! i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make a simple half-sweater/shoulder slip/cover up type of thingy.. it's for miku zatsune and i have no idea how to start.. heheh ^.^"
all help is appreciated!
(PS i need it by oct 30!)
They are called Shrugs and they come in many different styles. You can find several patterns for them through Simplicity and McCall's, etc. Look up Shrugs or just scan the Jacket/ Vest sections. Some are shorter then others.
Unread 09-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #733
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
Is the shirt alread made? If it is there isn't much you can do...normally to make a shirt bigger in the bust area you have to slit the seam under the arms and add fabric or a gusset there which then messes with the sleeve. It is alway easier to make something smaller then bigger. Have you thought about getting a bigger shirt and making the waist smaller?
Yes it's already made. The bust area is the only problem. It's sleeveless and made out of polyester so not much stretch. I will try the method you said or something

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #734
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Yes it's already made. The bust area is the only problem. It's sleeveless and made out of polyester so not much stretch. I will try the method you said or something
I'm glad to hear it will be an easy fix.
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #735
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
I know what you are talking about lol Since it WAS mine lol
Anyway, If you want you may be able to sew a triangle in the arlpit of it and a patch at the top..Like this:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psb08a3bcd.jpg
Don't hate me if it doesn't work, but I have a feeling it should..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-OC (Original Series)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)

WIP
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
-Yui Hirasawa (Attack On K-On!)
-Hanji (Attack On Titan)
-Takamina (AKB0048)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Link (Zelda: OOT)
-Miku (Vocaloid, Galaxy Girls [fan models])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote