Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 253 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #961
TiaLorelei

I'm looking for a Saya Otonashi cosplay tutorial/help with her dark purple jacket that she wears near the end of the Blood+ Series.

AND

Hagi's tailed suit jacket (also from Blood+)

My friend and I hope to cosplay them next Con season. Any help or advice on making or even where to find these things would be very helpful! Thank you
TiaLorelei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #962
Resonance19

Midna belt, head jewelry, cape

Hi,

First and foremost, I really would love a tutorial for Midna's cape/hod. I am not really experienced with sewing and I'm not sure how to get the hood to be the right shape and attach it to the hood :P

I'm looking for a tutorial or some help on Midna's True Form, for the belt and the headpieces. I have the horizontal bar with the fish things, and the forehead piece, but i'm not quite sure how to attach it all and also the vertical pieces, as well as attaching that to the hood and having it stay upright and all.

Thanks!
Resonance19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:08 AM   #963
odinnightowl

anyone have alternate expanding foam tutorials for armor ,weapons,or other props? also any tutorials on making bracelets or other jewlery involving leather.
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #964
Raphet

Exclamation Hansel and Gretel Help!

Hello!
My brother and me want to do a Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters cosplay. But we have no idea where to start. Any help with the outfits and/or weapons would be greatly appreciated
Raphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #965
darkcowboy

look for help with garruk's (magic the gathering halbard)

Hello all,
i was wandering if anyone could give me some pointers on creating garruks halbard i have attached a link to the picture http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwBA&dur=300
thank you in advance
darkcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #966
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinnightowl View Post
anyone have alternate expanding foam tutorials for armor ,weapons,or other props? also any tutorials on making bracelets or other jewlery involving leather.
This is what I found. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=228763&highlight=expanding+foam+t utorialhttp://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=258770&highlight=expanding+foam+t utorial
Also try this site. http://www.therpf.com/Google "Leather Jewlery Tutorial"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance19 View Post
Hi,

First and foremost, I really would love a tutorial for Midna's cape/hod. I am not really experienced with sewing and I'm not sure how to get the hood to be the right shape and attach it to the hood :P

I'm looking for a tutorial or some help on Midna's True Form, for the belt and the headpieces. I have the horizontal bar with the fish things, and the forehead piece, but i'm not quite sure how to attach it all and also the vertical pieces, as well as attaching that to the hood and having it stay upright and all.

Thanks!
Do you have a picture? It will make it easier. In the meantime, start here http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...midna+tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaLorelei View Post
I'm looking for a Saya Otonashi cosplay tutorial/help with her dark purple jacket that she wears near the end of the Blood+ Series.

AND

Hagi's tailed suit jacket (also from Blood+)

My friend and I hope to cosplay them next Con season. Any help or advice on making or even where to find these things would be very helpful! Thank you
Picture please. Even if I don't have a tutorial maybe I can suggest a pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaRosalie View Post
I'm looking for help with making a pair of thigh-high boots, or boot-covers. It's for my Knight!Hungary cosplay, and well... It'd be impractical to wear thigh-high boots in mid-September... I've gotten suggestion about using leggings... But I'm not exactly sure.

http://hetalia.kitawiki.net/index.ph...%21Hungary.jpg
Start here. They site Sarcasm-hime's page. A great resource. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=81069&highlight=boot+cover+tutori al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joichi View Post
I am looking for a clear and concise tutorial of trainee squad uniform from Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) but so far i only found 'purchasing sites' please pm me for the links!
Picture please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cranberry View Post
Hey all, just finished Matsuricon and everyone loved my Kotetsu. As I enjoy the character I'm looking to try my hand at making armor with Wild Tiger. Any tutorials would be greatly appreciated.
Look under Props/ Acessories/ Armor and the above rpf stie. I've heard a lot about Worbla and Wonderflex...
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #967
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Sorry I haven't been on this link in a while. I've been finishing cosplays. Anyone miss me?
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #968
lexie01

Hey,

Im truly unsure what it is im really looking for but ill explain it in the best way possible.

I'm looking to cosplay the anime Free! and i am wondering how would one go about making Legskin swimming costume. Thank you

Lexie
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #969
mrhooch
Cosplay noob

Looking for examples of sound systems in cosplay?

Hey guys/gals...
I'm trying to do some research on costuming something like a walking jukebox/robot/thing and I am not having any luck finding any examples of costumers who have incorporated sound systems into their costumes. I know they do it because I saw a few at DragonCon this year, like the Red Addidas Stormtrooper, etc. I know he just carries a boombox, but I want to make a self-contained unit that I can roll around either on me or with me that would ideally have a battery/power source, speakers, and probably a spot for my laptop to serve as the music source. Any help would be most appreciated... thanks!

MrHooch
mrhooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #970
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

See this lovely dress right here:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NPRtCAhKDJ...rse_wall_5.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...df/Rizelea.jpg
How in he world?
Anyone know what that's called? I plan on making the underskirt 9the darker color) separate, then the longer spiky looking white parts over that sewn to the waistband, then making the top overlap that as well as have the front have that center spik looking piece..Any ides on tutorials on something like this kind of skirt?

I also don't know how to make a top like that. I've made male tops, but nothing with breast cups like that..I want to make it where the darker under part is just sewn around the edges and has small straps so the top fits much like a camisole (but will be tight with a zipper on the back, because that's what the back it like), except it'll be longer with those overlapping parts..

Next is a cape. I am already making my Fate Testarossa cosplay..
Something along the lines of this cape:
http://animehistory.files.wordpress....ff80e6_web.jpg
It's kind of a fan art looking pic so they exaggerated the collar a little, but yea, a cape that clasps in the front, and has a standing collar

Anyway thanks..
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #971
vonKobra

Is there a tutorial comparing and contrasting the different materials/methods used to make armor. I've been looking at tons of information for building armor and there are so many methods that its hard to compare them. Most tutorials only talk about that method and don't do any comparison.
EVA foam, PVC foam, Polystyrene foam, Rigid PVC board, and others. If I knew the strengths and weaknesses of each I would have a much easier time getting started.

Also if someone responds with a post explaining the differences please point out any other armor methods you know of that I may not have come across yet.
vonKobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #972
XlovegokuX

Hey guys looking for some huge help! Im planning on doing kougyoku ren from magi. the labyrinth of magic. Though Im doing this form http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...reme_Magic.png.

The problem is I want to do a body suit but I have no idea how to cut out the middle piece without the body suit stretching :S. When cosplayers do this sort of design they have their body suit almost glued on them to keep the shape of the design. If I could get any help I would love you forever!!!

Thanks
XlovegokuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #973
obliviousham

Hey I'm looking for some ideas on how to make the chandelier and candle parts that come off the skirt and crown on this design

they probably need to be pretty light, i was thinking some PVC tube or some other tubes that are more bendy and painting them black but like second opinions?
also some tips on the crown would also be great if you have any! 8))
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #974
frozenpixie

World Of Warcraft Help

It's coming up to halloween and I want to do a unique costume and i opted for doing a blood elf or night elf from world of warcraft, however my issue lies in the fact that i have no idea how to create such a costume
Please does anyone know how to make one or any ideas on the best way to go about it ?
frozenpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #975
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpixie View Post
It's coming up to halloween and I want to do a unique costume and i opted for doing a blood elf or night elf from world of warcraft, however my issue lies in the fact that i have no idea how to create such a costume
Please does anyone know how to make one or any ideas on the best way to go about it ?
Picture please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obliviousham View Post
Hey I'm looking for some ideas on how to make the chandelier and candle parts that come off the skirt and crown on this design

they probably need to be pretty light, i was thinking some PVC tube or some other tubes that are more bendy and painting them black but like second opinions?
also some tips on the crown would also be great if you have any! 8))
It's Halloween. Try looking at the Halloween stores and displays. You can get the chain from plastic ball and chains and now would be the best time to find lightweight chandeliers, some with lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XlovegokuX View Post
Hey guys looking for some huge help! Im planning on doing kougyoku ren from magi. the labyrinth of magic. Though Im doing this form http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...reme_Magic.png.

The problem is I want to do a body suit but I have no idea how to cut out the middle piece without the body suit stretching :S. When cosplayers do this sort of design they have their body suit almost glued on them to keep the shape of the design. If I could get any help I would love you forever!!!

Thanks
Have you thought about making a bodysuit with a nude spandex front. You can airbrush the belly button.