Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 4.71 average.
Unread 01-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #1021
Scarclawkat
America for the win

Tutorials on aging a flintlock pistol barrel made from a pvc pipe?

DLC Connor Kenway from Assassin's Creed 3
Alicorn Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
2p! America from Hetalia
Keldeo from Pokémon: Black and White
Sylveon from Pokémon

Anime Cons I'm Going To

WonderCon 2014
AX 2014
Bak-Anime 2014
Scarclawkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #1022
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarclawkat View Post
Tutorials on aging a flintlock pistol barrel made from a pvc pipe?
Type in tutorial on aging weathering props in a search engine. You should find all you need. Several good ones when I googled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiCosplay View Post
Breast plate armor tutorial- help please
Not sure what kind of breast plate armor your looking for. Googling cosplay breastplate tutorial brought up a lot of female armor for like wonder woman and fem thor.

For both questions, this site is killer for the prop side of cosplay:http://www.therpf.com/
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #1023
nathaniel51423

Roronoa Zoro Post-Timeskip cosplay tutorial

Hello everyone,
I am planning on making a Roronoa Zoro post-timeskip cosplay, from One Piece, but I have no clue where to get started. I've searched the web for tutorials or even templates, and have been unsuccessful until now. I would greatly appreciate it, if someone could direct me to a post, or something of the sort, that can help me with my problem. Thank you to any and all

(attached pic for further detail)
nathaniel51423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #1024
MaiCosplay
untitled paint job

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiCosplay View Post
Breast plate armor tutorial- help please
Making a strapless long and flowy gown.

Reference picture sorry forgot to include.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...px-124Jynx.png

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 01-20-2014 at 05:08 PM.
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #1025
Sellesion

Hey, can anyone point me towards a few good tutorials for putting a long wig in a very high ponytail? I got a black Jasmine Wig from Arda, but it was used and therefore taken out of it's preset ponytail. I brushed it out and tried to tie it up again, but no matter how I worked it, it always tangled again- meaning I had to try and brush it, and brushing it messed up the tension of the hair on the cap, and made bumps and whatnot in it, making it even more messy looking. I've heard of a technique called stumping. Can anyone point me in that direction perhaps?

I'm very inexperienced with wigs. ^^" Thanks

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention, clip on ponytails are not an option for how I want this costume to be. Its for this character: Tsubaki from Soul Eater.

Last edited by Sellesion : 01-26-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Sellesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #1026
Moosee

Hey, does anyone know of a tutorial where it shows how to put on an snk harness..??

(bought mine here, for reference: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
Moosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #1027
SillyWade

Snake Eyes Visor

Requesting help for GI Joe Snake Eyes visor. I'm making one more akin to the cartoon version.
SillyWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #1028
Mishnergon

Vader Sound Effect.

This is less of a cosplay question and more of a DIY accessory question, but It could help out cosplayers non the less.
So on to the item, I want to add a Darth Vader sound effect to a respirator. I have an audio clip and some knowledge of electronics so what I'm looking for is the most cost effective way to rig a speaker (or two) to a board that plays the effect constantly. I know I could take an mp3 player and rig up some speakers to a 3.5 mm plug and work it that way, but that'll kill most batteries within a single day and I'm not sure it'll be as loud as I want it. I want the most cost effective, longest battery life, and easiest to rig and maintain options. If all else fails and I've gotta rig an mp3 and custom speakers, I'll take some pics and show you guys how I did it, I just want a better way to go about doing it.
Mishnergon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #1029
silnice

Hello. I am interested in making a medievil cosplay. can anyone post the red shirt pattern ?
http://wallhits.com/postcard.img5152.html

Much appriciated!
silnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #1030
Kina-Chan

Hi! Urm, well I guess I need two tutorials. I'm fine for the rest of the outfits but I'm looking for a tutorial of how to make Mirai Kuriyama's blue top for her school outfit. (from Beyond the Boundary.)
I have the skirt and cardigan covered, I just need a tutorial for her top! ^^

Also I was wondering if anybody has a tutorial on Taiga's school jacket. (Toradora)
I found a general jacket tutorial which I can modify but I was just hoping for a spesific tutorial to make my life easier~
Please and thank you!
Unread 02-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #1031
axelshairrocks
Assassin

I'm looking for a Kyoko Sakura tutorial or basic pattern, just for her red jacket.
Thanks for the help!
axelshairrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #1032
Lee-chan

[color="Black"]I need to figure out a good way to make Nymph's collar from haven's lost property, can i please get some help? thanks > ,<
Lee-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #1033
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelshairrocks View Post
I'm looking for a Kyoko Sakura tutorial or basic pattern, just for her red jacket.
Thanks for the help!
This ones a little easier then you think, but hard if you don't know how to do the things needed..The jacket I would use a basic princess seam tutorial since it's nice and fitted, then make it longer and taper like it does in the front.So this:
http://img0.etsystatic.com/004/1/614...30248_jqqn.jpg
Then make the front taper.
Then cut the sleeves outta the equation, and cut the < and > shapes out of the top near the collar (where the soul gem sits) and make the collar taper in the front and put a hook and eye there to close it because you are going to sew the front up rather then make it a button up, then you would add a hidden zipper in the side under one of your arms (put in on your side of your dominate hand, much easier haha). If you WANT you can make it a front closure. I think it's suppose to be one, but they just didn't add the seam for animation purposes..Your call there Then the hard part..Adding the ruffles..Look up how to do them in general to give you an idea. Then add them, them sew on white bias tape for all the edging and your done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-chan View Post
[color="Black"]I need to figure out a good way to make Nymph's collar from haven's lost property, can i please get some help? thanks > ,<
If you go into the prop forum, there are a few threads with a few different methods posted. Use the search function and search for the character or series and the threads should come up.

In fact, I just did a search since I'm really bored..
hEre is all threads inthe prop forum when iI searched Nymph:
http://www.cosplay.com/search.php?searchid=6101996
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Last edited by JasonTerror : 02-08-2014 at 10:30 PM.
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #1034
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina-Chan View Post
Hi! Urm, well I guess I need two tutorials. I'm fine for the rest of the outfits but I'm looking for a tutorial of how to make Mirai Kuriyama's blue top for her school outfit. (from Beyond the Boundary.)
I have the skirt and cardigan covered, I just need a tutorial for her top! ^^

Also I was wondering if anybody has a tutorial on Taiga's school jacket. (Toradora)
I found a general jacket tutorial which I can modify but I was just hoping for a spesific tutorial to make my life easier~
Please and thank you!
I kinda need the Mirai one too, but Mine will be to Mitsuki Nase..They wear the same one..My pic of mitsuki will give you a reference to both of our characters since Mirai wears a sweater over hers and it's hard to see..
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ll.1586622.jpg
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #1035
DragonLadysupre
Con Volunteer

I've been on the search for this, and instead of a solution, I have a pattern you can lengthen;

Burda 7115, on part B's pattern has the buttons, pockets and buttons in all the right places. I'd say to add about 3 inches to the bottom (depending on body length,) and instead of the collar being folded over, leave that smooth to have the v-neck and use the sailor collar tutorial on site with tabs to pin or tuck under the top and the white panel can have a snap to secure the front together. Attach buttons and snaps where needed.
  • In the end, it doesn't matter whether you're a youkai or human...

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston|| AnimeNEXT || Otakon || LI Who
DragonLadysupre is offline   Reply With Quote