Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #31
VendettaCode
Loves cake. Hates glomps.

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!
Mello (Death Note): 100%
Sidoh (Death Note): 100%

Current Project:
Envy (Fullmetal Alchemist): 15%
VendettaCode is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-18-2010, 01:15 AM   #32
kitsch_brigade

I just wanted to say that I've tried to start this up again. After the first time I was a little hesitant, but I waited much longer after I ate and scaled things down to the point where I personally couldn't complete another rep and it worked wonderfully!

Right now I'm at 11 push-ups, 35 squats, 15 dips. I had to cut out the pullups as my chair is too low that it isn't a workout doing them. I am trying to find some books to combine with the chair to get this to work, but it's definitely in progress. I added crunches and obliques because I forgot to do them with my cardio yesterday so I didn't feel like a slacker. I try to add an extra bit of reps to each workout every time I do it. So here's to getting to the beginner numbers.... XD
kitsch_brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #33
Rjr3412
o-iii<0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsch_brigade View Post
I just wanted to say that I've tried to start this up again. After the first time I was a little hesitant, but I waited much longer after I ate and scaled things down to the point where I personally couldn't complete another rep and it worked wonderfully!

Right now I'm at 11 push-ups, 35 squats, 15 dips. I had to cut out the pullups as my chair is too low that it isn't a workout doing them. I am trying to find some books to combine with the chair to get this to work, but it's definitely in progress. I added crunches and obliques because I forgot to do them with my cardio yesterday so I didn't feel like a slacker. I try to add an extra bit of reps to each workout every time I do it. So here's to getting to the beginner numbers.... XD
Is there a beam or a lowish tree branch that's convenient? Grabbing a towel, or better yet, a karate belt, place it over the beam and grab onto each end. You can use that for impromptu pull ups as well.

Keep up the awesome work!
Rjr3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #34
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsch_brigade View Post

A perfect workaround!!!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 04:28 AM   #35
xGreenling
Teen Idle

Hey Kas, any advice for somebody with bad joints? In general I don't have much cartilage cushioning my joints, but in my right knee especially, I have a sprain that never healed right leading to a patella that doesn't move along the right path.

Is there a way of modifying a squat to make it easier on a bad knee (same for pushups since it's hard to straighten the knee) or any forms of cardio that aren't hard on the joints?

I'm seeing a chiropractor who's slowly twisting my leg back into shape, but until then (and I figure it'll be a few months at least) I'm sick and tired of sitting on my duff getting flabbier and weaker.
xGreenling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #36
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGreenling View Post
Hey Kas, any advice for somebody with bad joints? In general I don't have much cartilage cushioning my joints, but in my right knee especially, I have a sprain that never healed right leading to a patella that doesn't move along the right path.

Is there a way of modifying a squat to make it easier on a bad knee (same for pushups since it's hard to straighten the knee) or any forms of cardio that aren't hard on the joints?

I'm seeing a chiropractor who's slowly twisting my leg back into shape, but until then (and I figure it'll be a few months at least) I'm sick and tired of sitting on my duff getting flabbier and weaker.
To be perfectly honest, this is not something I can give any suggestion to other than consult someone qualified. There are all sort of workarounds people can do, but what you might want to do is research in what paraplegics do for cardio. Other than that advice, I honestly do not feel qualified to help you with this issue as well as someone more qualified.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #37
xGreenling
Teen Idle

Oh, Lords, I'm being compared to a paraplegic! Haha. XD I thought you might say that; I was just wondering if you had ever had a similar injury and found a good workaround. Thanks anyway.
xGreenling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #38
yuya_valentine

Easiest workout: jumping rope. 'nough said.
yuya_valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #39
Crown of Laurel
☆KYUU

Ah, just so you know, the link where it shows how to use the pullup bar for pushups (for those with wrist issues) isn't working. =|a

Death (Johnny Wander: The Girl with the Skeleton Hand) (99%)
Windswept Questant (Homestuck)
Mafia!Denmark (Hetalia) (90%)
Crown of Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #40
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown of Laurel View Post
Ah, just so you know, the link where it shows how to use the pullup bar for pushups (for those with wrist issues) isn't working. =|a
im sorry could you show me where it is???

My workout
What to eat

Unread 12-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #41
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

Thank you for making this thread =)
I am very excited to try out this regime!
It looks super effective and not overly crazy.

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #42
lsd
what was I doing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
Dips: 1 set of 30 reps. To modify, bring your feet closer to your knees.
this is the link that doesnt work.. thankies

cant wait to start

Last edited by lsd : 01-01-2011 at 04:12 PM.
lsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 03:22 AM   #43
BlackRose72311

I can't wait to start!!! Thank you soooooooooo much!
BlackRose72311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #44
::Aerin::
Magical Girl

Reading this has certainly lengthened my knowledge on how to get myself fit. It brings me back to the days I was in Aerobics class in High School.
I won't necessarily follow all of these steps, but I'm definitely going to pick and choose which sets/reps/whatever are right for me.
I'm going to have to read up on nutrition in the mean time.
::Aerin:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #45
32spartan11
Spartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braithcakes View Post
I have been eating alot more.

my metabolism is just so high coupled with that I have a naturally tiny body size that makes me look oh so small ><

need work on arms and chest, yes 0_0
I'm the same way but it is possible I've put on 24lbs of muscle in about 3 months by following my own workout and nutrition plan. If you want to put on some muscle definitely have to lift. My best advice would definitely be to go a little heavier on the squat picking a weight that only allows you to do less than 10 reps. Then for chest/arms focus on pullups, bench press, and close grip bench press.

Check out my blog in my signature for more info and feel free to PM me.

my workout blog

http://weightgainersguide.blogspot.com/
32spartan11 is offline   Reply With Quote