Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
Freud
Eva Rider

Kae-cos/mianiki

So I contacted her around March 22nd after spending 4 months saving up money. She replied two days after. Her email is as stated

Since fanime is exactly 2 months away I'm going to give you two options.

The first option is $120. It covers the jacket, shipping, and rush. 100% of it has to be paid up front.

The second option is $80. This second option includes only the jacket. It can be paid with a 50% deposit. As part of this option I will not be shipping the jacket to you. Since fanime is my home con I can give it to you anytime during the con, including day 0.

-Kae

Looking to save money my reply was,
---
I'll go with the second choice since day zero seems fine with you. I'll pay in full upfront by PayPal of course.
Is there a specific time to catch you for that day because of the line waiting?

Thanks.

---

Her reply is very crucial because what was said never happened.

I live only 15 minutes from the con center and I’m already on summer break during Memorial Day weekend so I’m fine with any time really. We can confirm a meet up location and time closer to fanime.

-Kae

On March 26th I emailed her again.
---
I've sent the money with a note for you to know that it's me ^^ Not sure if you've seen.
Um, when you make progress can you please tag [blank]? I don't know how often you update but one or twice a week is comfortable for me, but I don't know if you can. I'd like to accommodate your schedule into this too.

---

Her reply on the 28th

I got the money. I tag all of my wips #kae does commissons. Your commission is at the end of my queue right now so I probably won't start working on it until after Sakura con in mid April.

-Kae

After this I waited until April 25th to send an email.

---
I want to inquire about the state of my commission. Just a have you started or where you are at, at the moment. Any news is fine.
Thank you

---

After seeking advice from the forum I emailed her this on May 5th.

---
I'm sorry if these emails are bothering you. I've seen your cosplay to do list and you're very busy and obviously stressed from schooling. Plus the fact about getting fabric only twice a month. I just need to know if you're there or not. I've sent a message on tumblr too even though I try not to since the messaging isn't reliable. I'm probably the most difficult customer ever and I do feel remorseful for that, but I've been scammed before so my trusting skills aren't great. There's four days left until the 45-day limit is up and by day 44 I'll probably be disappointed. I'll like to hear from you.
---

She replied on May 9th

Whoops sorry about the lack of contact. It was dead week at my school so I sort of got disconnected from my cosplay related duties. I also received a few asks that tumblr wouldn’t let me see(I think my inbox ate them?). I’m assuming they were your asks.

Don’t worry! I’ve had more difficult customers for sure. There was a girl who changed something about what she wanted every week for six weeks. I’m pretty sure I remade that costume three times.

Fabric was bought and I’m working on cutting out the fabric right now. I just realized that i didn’t get any yellow fabric but I’m gonna go back to fabrics r us this weekend and pick some up. If they don’t have it I’ll have to wing it and dye/paint some white matching jersey. I have to wait another week to start the shorts because I’m using my friend’s serger and she doesn’t come back home until then but that should be a quick afternoon project so I’m not too stressed about the time constraint. Progress pictures for the jacket will be up sometime this weekend after I figure out my yellow fabric issue and start constructing.

-Kae

My reply was

---
Thank you for the reply. I hope this isn't too stressful for you as a whole. It's nice to know your progress.

Good luck on things. I'll be waiting for another update.

---

A week went by so I sent an email because there was no progress pictures.
---
How did the yellow fabric issues go for you? I checked the tag and I didn't see any update photos so I was wondering. Hope this won't be too hard on you. It's still flu and allergy season so I wish you well on your health. Good luck on your personal cosplays also.
---

On the 15th I send her another email asking about the time for the meet up.

---
It's almost Day 0 so I was thinking we discuss a meeting time and location. I'm a bit busy that day so I can't stay too late.
---

On the 23rd of May, Friday Day 1 of the con I sent her another email after no progress pictures and lack of contact.

---
Sorry getting a bit more aggressive in how many emails I send. I really need the costume by Saturday morning at the latest. I'm sure you're pretty stressed out by how many cosplays you have to do. I'm pretty sure you forgot me in the rush. I hope you check the emails sometime. I don't want to lose out on $100+ and be disappointed again.

It's no biggie that you're late a day, but the con is only like 4 days, though Monday doesn't count as much. There's a Free! I want to be able to attend. I feel kind of awful being pressuring.

We live in the same area regardless so it'll be probably easy to meet. Please send a reply. I will look for you at the con.

---

That was my last email I sent her.

Future Cos
Ladybug!

Last edited by Freud : 05-31-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Freud is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
Freud
Eva Rider

On Saturday of the con I was able to get her number. I only send her a few texts as in where is the cosplay and where can we meet? I held no sour feelings and was more disappointed than anything.

During the con I had a acquaintance message her via fb where she has been active.
pic here

This was on Sunday May 25th.

I've since messaged her on fb and told her that I was fine about cosplay being late. I've tagged her on tumblr where her commission post originally was. Since she has changed her url I've moderated my post to include her new url she has stated she is tracking. I've given her a week notice before stating that I will publicize a review.

I am guilty about tweeting her once also about my commission because I saw she had a recent tweet merely hours old on Thursday May 22nd.

She has since then after the con been active on almost all social media except her fb which I no longer message because I'm waiting for a reply to a hello.

I still do not harbor any negative feelings for her at all. She didn't seem like the kind of person to pull a scam so I just believe this is all miscommunication. I just want what I paid for.

Future Cos
Ladybug!

Last edited by Freud : 05-31-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Unread 05-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
Freud
Eva Rider

It has been a month and I have messaged her on Facebook repeatedly and there has been "seen" time stamps, although those aren't reliable as sometimes fb just places that there without the recipient actually seeing the message.

I was totally ready to recommend her but I was wrong horribly wrong. Please be cautious!

Future Cos
Ladybug!

Last edited by Freud : 06-20-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Unread 05-31-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
Freud
Eva Rider

[saving space]

Future Cos
Ladybug!
Unread 01-04-2016, 12:47 PM   #5
Freud
Eva Rider

Bump because I still see her being very active!

Future Cos
Ladybug!
Unread 01-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #6
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freud View Post
Bump because I still see her being very active!
Wow, this post was definitely a roller coaster.

I am so sorry that she did this to you and while she will probably delete it, I definitely recommend that you post your story on her Facebook wall at least?
Since they will not want to tarnish their reputation, your post will likely be removed but who cares, at least you can try to warn people through Facebook.
Especially since Facebook is a big way that people try to contact commissioners these days.

I cannot believe that she promised to give you the cosplay at the convention and then-from what I read in the other Review Thread, ran away from you???

So did you actually see her at the convention and confront her about this?
I truly hate that you went through this disaster, especially after saving up money for the commission.

-Rococo Princess - Sakizou

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):
-Classic Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon R
-Rainbow Quartz - Steven Universe

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2016:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Animazement - 2016
Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #7
Freud
Eva Rider

Yes! I saw her at a group photoshoot and she hid herself in the crowd. I just hate how she pretends she's such a good person when she is a thief. Thanks for your kind words. I just hope karma gets to her so she knows this is not an okay thing to do to someone.

Future Cos
Ladybug!