Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 05-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
PsychGuy274

Got a commission from someone on this site and I haven't heard back! Help!

Hey Everyone,

My apologies if this is off-topic for this forum, but I don't know where else to put it. I paid for a commission from someone on this site who was highly recommended by several members. I already made a down payment, sent measurements, etc, and have been in contact with this individual since February. I was told by the person that the commission would be done by the first week in May. I've been trying to contact her for several weeks now and she's no longer responding to me. The con I'm going to is the 23rd of this month and now I'm worried that I won't get the costume in time or get my money back.

I know there's a risk when dealing with unknown people online, but this person has done commissions for several people on this site and she was highly recommended so this seems a little weird.

I guess my question is how should I proceed from here? I don't really want to say who the person is until the con has passed and I know for sure I'm not getting the costume.

Thanks in advance guys,

PsychGuy274
PsychGuy274 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2015, 04:08 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Sadly, this seems to have become the norm now a days. Sad but true.

I think what happens next might depend also on what you are getting exactly..Is this simple stuff, or full body armor? I mean both of those are so different from eacher in the time it takes to make that I can totally see full armor still being made from a few months ago.. However, if that's the case, or something similarly hard like ballgowns, I would say that the commissioner should know this and not start something that would take obviously longer than the time stated. But again we don't know what you are getting. So I can't be sure if the this person is ripping you off or not..

If it's something that should have been able to be done y now, I would for sure message them one more time saying how worried you are, and that you demand a response. Tell Them if you do not get a response within a certain amount of days (maybe a week or 2, but give a specific date), that you are going to file a claim on paypal with them if that's how you paid.
-Peach (Super Smash bros 3DS)
-Gohan (DBZ, Cell Saga, Either SSJ1 or SSJ2)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychGuy274 View Post
Hey Everyone,

My apologies if this is off-topic for this forum, but I don't know where else to put it. I paid for a commission from someone on this site who was highly recommended by several members. I already made a down payment, sent measurements, etc, and have been in contact with this individual since February. I was told by the person that the commission would be done by the first week in May. I've been trying to contact her for several weeks now and she's no longer responding to me. The con I'm going to is the 23rd of this month and now I'm worried that I won't get the costume in time or get my money back.

I know there's a risk when dealing with unknown people online, but this person has done commissions for several people on this site and she was highly recommended so this seems a little weird.

I guess my question is how should I proceed from here? I don't really want to say who the person is until the con has passed and I know for sure I'm not getting the costume.

Thanks in advance guys,

PsychGuy274
File a charge back now. You're not going to get anything at this point. Which method did you use to pay? Banks and credit cards tend to have a 6 month window. Paypal now has a 6 month window as well since November 2014.

Even if the person contacts you saying that you'll receive the costume in time, do not close the claim/charge back until you have it in your hands and it was made to you satisfaction. That way if it turns out to be a lie or crudely made, you can still get you money back.

Far too many people have been getting scammed on this site in recent years.

AWA 2015
[Remake] Dragoon Miranda (Legend of Dragoon): 90%
Princess Daisy (Mario) 10%
[Remake] Linda (Okage:Shadow King): Finished

Kami-Con 2016
Helga Wilhelmina (Code of Princess): 0%
Princess Dorothea(Avalon Code): 0%
Agitha (Zelda:TP): 0%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
PsychGuy274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Sadly, this seems to have become the norm now a days. Sad but true.

I think what happens next might depend also on what you are getting exactly..Is this simple stuff, or full body armor? I mean both of those are so different from eacher in the time it takes to make that I can totally see full armor still being made from a few months ago.. However, if that's the case, or something similarly hard like ballgowns, I would say that the commissioner should know this and not start something that would take obviously longer than the time stated. But again we don't know what you are getting. So I can't be sure if the this person is ripping you off or not..

If it's something that should have been able to be done y now, I would for sure message them one more time saying how worried you are, and that you demand a response. Tell Them if you do not get a response within a certain amount of days (maybe a week or 2, but give a specific date), that you are going to file a claim on paypal with them if that's how you paid.
It's a full Mad Moxxi costume for my fiance that was commissioned back in February. The commissioner sent me pictures of a completely Rubi pistol, but nothing else and she hasn't responded for several weeks now.
PsychGuy274 is offline   Reply With Quote