Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
MoonlitYueh

Angry Cosplayer Beware!

So I have had the great displeasure of dealing with this company, CosplayHouse for our Sailor Pluto and Sailor Neptune costumes. When we first ordered them, we gave the measurements required on website and waited for them to be made. I got my costume first and was greatly disappointed to find the measurements were WAY off. The girth of the outfit was fine, it was the skirt length and torso length that were bad. The torso from underbust to flair of the hip was only 4 inches. No one, fat or skinny (unless a dwarf) has a torso that short. So I responded to their customer service for a remake. It took time to convince them and had to submit pictures which was fine as well as exact torso measurements which they never asked for before. I explained we had another one being made and they requested her measurements as well so we could prevent this happening to her costume as well. Nearly 5-6 weeks later, she receives her costume. It's the SAME problem. Clearly the measurements requested for her were ignored. Same torso length problem. Had to go through the picture and measurements thing AGAIN now for her costume. The remake of mine arrived a week later and find now that they made the torso too long! I was done at this point. Overly done. I wasn't going to wait ANOTHER 6 weeks for them to screw up again, so I took the torso apart and sized it down. Also they neglected to put the 2-3" loop of fabric with velcro that wraps around and holds the bow at the bottom of the spine. I thread cut the other from the first messed up costume and just sewed it on to the new one myself. Called it done. I should NOT have had to do that for the money we are paying to have a custom costume. We can only pray her costume remake will not be the same problems. I'm not hopeful. But the final straw was this. This paper came in the package with my remake and had some Chinese writing and such on it so I'm assuming it was the instructions for remake of my costume given to dressmakers. The comment of "this girl is fat, so her torso is very big. Her belly needs to fit the costume" is completely outrageous! Yes, I am a big girl but the length of the torso, as most seamstress' know, will not be affected by a stomach save for maybe longer in the front, not the sides and everywhere else. Perhaps if there were rolls or such, yea but this isn't the case. A person's girth will change the width of a costume not the length. Regardless, their comment is way out of line and definitely not something a customer should see or hear. It's careless and insulting. I will never, ever order from this company again. As it is we took a risk as from reviews was hit and miss. I messaged them and we will see what they do. I'm seriously thinking of reporting them for misconduct on the BBB for the constant errors and this recent insult to a customer. Here is the picture of the invoice sent with first remake: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...897d d:angry:
MoonlitYueh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Goodness, I am so sorry that you had a bad experience with CosplayHouse.
Their reviews are quite mixed in the Forums and it seems that most have had really bad experiences with them and I hate that you joined that list.

Honestly I would try and get my money back because for the measurements to be taken and properly sent, to have two completely messed up costumes doesn't even make sense.

I would go on and report them to the BBB because what you dealt with is totally unjustifiable.
The link to your invoice is broken, if you were unaware!

*Strawberry Shortcake - Sakizou - 20% Complete! Outfit is done!♥
*Rococo Princess - Sakizou - In the designing phase!

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s):
*Human!Charlotte the Witch - Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Worn to Animazement 2015!

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
*Animazement 2015

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I honestly didn't read all of this, but this is not uncommon..These places do not make anything to your measurements that you gave them. Sometimes people will do that and they just happen to have sizes of pieces that fit the measurements enough to not be noticeably different. But what places like do is they get your measurements, then go to their area with all the pieces sitting there by size, and pick out the size that matches closest to the measurement you gave. If a medium shirt and large skirt both are the closest to your measurements, they will send those. They do NOT make them after you order. They use this lie to make it so you can't file a claim with paypal. Or at least that's what it used to be. I don't know anymore becasue I don't buy from these places after being ripped off so many times. But they do that becasue paypal has (or had, idk anymore) a rule that you can not file a claim on "made to order" items. So they would say it's "made to order" to make it not possible to get a refund. Until people started threatening with actual authorities..Like the BBB or talking to a lawyer and seeing how to go about suing them for fraud.

I too have been ripped off by cosplayhouse. I bought a Cloud Strife shoulder armor. From the Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children movie. I told them a gender, height, and weight, so they'd understand that I'm not a skinny teen or a child, and they assured me it would fit my shoulder. I got it, and my skinny 8 year old niece couldn't even wear it becasue it was so tight and small. As well as they just super glued the wolf head emblem to the piece and got it all over the damn thing..So there was dried glue EVERYWHERE on it..I showed them and they wanted a 70% RESTOCK FEE!! Yea, I had to pay for their mistake..I called their california warehouse where a lot of the stuff sits waiting to be shipped (they ship a huge nuber of finished items to the states so that when bought, it arrive fast without having to wait for customs, which would be good, if they weren't assholes). IOn the phone, I threatened with california police that I would have their warehouse shut down and not to fuck with me. And that if they want a restock fee they'd have to go through court to get it. I demanded my full refund AND that they pay shipping, or else I'd make sure everyone in the warehouse was arrested and charged with fraud and sent to prison. Needless to say I got what I wanted.

They think it's all young kinds and teens that only buy this stuff and they they don't know what to do in that situation, so they can scam them into it.
-Peach (Super Smash bros 3DS)
-Gohan (DBZ, Cell Saga, Either SSJ1 or SSJ2)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

I would have to agree with both you here, I would say that it is hit or miss when it comes to CosplayHouse. That really sucks Jei-Cos about your ordeal, what a ridiculous restocking fee!

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2015, 02:37 AM   #5
MoonlitYueh

I most certainly am going to report them to the BBB and demand a full refund for this ordeal. Not to mention I'm pretty sure this is borderline discrimination of character with them addressing me as a fat girl. That really blows, Jei-Cos. Sorry you got burnt by them too. This company is ridiculous.
Unread 05-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Is that insult within that link you posted? if so it doesn't work so I didn't see that part. But that's just an outright insult and they should not be a business if they ar going to insult their customers..That's a very good way to lose your business..Bunch of damn morons..

Call their California store, since their china store will be pretty costly in long distance fees (I'm not even sure you can call a chinese number on an american phone straight out).
Their Cali number should be under the contact us area. Make sure they know you have been personally insulted by the company and you refuse to take that laying down. I'm not re-reading so I don't know if you managed to get a full refund, but you have to almost yell at them. You need to be blunt, and if they say anything other than a full refund AND that they will pay shipping, tell them no that is not going to happen. And don't say it like "I think you should give me a full refund and pay for shipping, blah blah"..No..say it like "You WILL give me a refund. Period. And you WILL pay to have it shipped back. Period. If you don't like it i have no problem contacting authorities and shutting your entire business down." They don't think people will threaten them with huge legal action like that. So they get scared.
-Peach (Super Smash bros 3DS)
-Gohan (DBZ, Cell Saga, Either SSJ1 or SSJ2)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #7
iSketcher

This is the link, I just removed the : angry : at the end of it, which was causing it to not work.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...e69a6c8897d d

This is very alarming. I can't believe a company would do this, you definitely need to yell at them for a full refund. No customer deserves to have this happen to them.

Cosplays done
Reimu Hakurei | Umbreon (Gijinka) | Remilia Scarlet | Frostfire Annie | [UPCOMING] My OC | [UPCOMING] Suika Ibuki
Been to
- Anime Expo 2013-2014
Upcoming
- Anime Expo 2015
iSketcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2015, 09:03 PM   #8
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

omg, that is horrible!
what horrible service... I hope you get a refund!

Unread 05-05-2015, 04:00 AM   #9
MoonlitYueh

They responded today and had the audacity to tell me that they only use the word "fat" to describe one of its customers because of a language issue with its staff. Apparently they claim its the only way for them to understand what they mean. I countered and said the measurements tell them exactly what is needed and no subcomments are needed. They tried to offer my a $25.00 gift certificate for their store! As if. I told them they obviously didn't read my complaint thoroughly or disregarded it because I said I would never be shopping there again. So they offered $25.00 refund instead. For my costume I wanted half of the 112.56 I paid and for the other costume they messed up and hasn't even been remade yet I said I wanted full. Wait on their response. I did file a complaint with the BBB over the weekend. Just got a message back from BBB today saying they have forwarded complain to company and waiting to hear back. This is a nightmare!!!
Unread 05-05-2015, 10:24 PM   #10
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitYueh View Post
They responded today and had the audacity to tell me that they only use the word "fat" to describe one of its customers because of a language issue with its staff. Apparently they claim its the only way for them to understand what they mean. I countered and said the measurements tell them exactly what is needed and no subcomments are needed. They tried to offer my a $25.00 gift certificate for their store! As if. I told them they obviously didn't read my complaint thoroughly or disregarded it because I said I would never be shopping there again. So they offered $25.00 refund instead. For my costume I wanted half of the 112.56 I paid and for the other costume they messed up and hasn't even been remade yet I said I wanted full. Wait on their response. I did file a complaint with the BBB over the weekend. Just got a message back from BBB today saying they have forwarded complain to company and waiting to hear back. This is a nightmare!!!
words can not describe the amount of pain I feel for you at this moment MoonlitYueh, but its a lot. This is outrageous and I do hope this gets settled, its just insane! how can they flat out ignore your concerns and just wipe it off like nothing with a stupid gift card!

Unread 05-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #11
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

This reminds me of how horrible it can be to buy from an overseas store. My fiance had to deal with something like that, but for shoes for a cosplay which were 50 dollars. They were unwearable due to being too small, and the heel of the shoe was 2 1/2 inches off the ground. We tried asking for a refund, but they kept asking if a refund of $9 dollars was okay (then for some reason they went to $7) I hope you'll be able to get a full refund for this
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2015, 02:03 AM   #12
Alyssa3467
Holographic Kitty

My experience with them wasn't all that great either...

https://www.facebook.com/Alyssa3467/...52548668696078

Quote:
I ordered a Sailor Mercury costume, version 1, which at the time of my order did not have a picture. I was told it would be like Version 4, but slightly darker.

I placed my order in the beginning of February 2014 for Anime Expo 2014, with ample time to do any needed adjustments. Almost two months later, I received the costume, and it did not match what was described to me at all, and parts of it didn't even fit right, despite the fact that I came in to get measured before placing my order. Despite being told that I'd get something like Version 4 but darker, I got Version 3 but darker. I sent an e-mail to complain right away, and was told "I'll go ahead and look into the design of the costume, and talk with our tailor teams and management to see what we can do for you." After a week of not hearing anything new, I sent another e-mail asking about the status of my inquiry, and was told that they would remake my costume.

I sent a followup e-mail and made some phone calls a month later, only to discover that my reorder wasn't sent to the tailors for some reason. I eventually told them to do a modified Version 4 (I didn't like the bow and brooch pictured), retaining the colors pictured in Version 4. I finally got the costume a week before the con, and again, it didn't fit, but at least this time it looked more like the product described to me. I didn't contact them about it, because at this point, I was kind of fed up, and the clock was ticking. I went to a local tailor shop to have it altered, and thankfully they were able to accommodate the compressed time table. The whole point to making my initial order in February, a whole 5 months before the convention, was so that I wouldn't *have* to do rush alterations.

The web site describes the costume as being "made with high quality materials. Premium costumes are made with very intricate designs, and special attention to details. This is what your dream cosplay looks like!" What I got definitely doesn't fit that description, with how the fabric quickly started pilling on the front of the costume, the gloves started ripping at the seams (they've been repaired multiple times, and I'm about ready to give up), and the hook and loop fastener used to attach the back bow keeps getting caught on the hip roll in that area and caused pilling almost immediately.
If I knew that all of the work was done in China and they only have an office/warehouse in Los Alamitos, I probably would not have ordered from them. I wanted to support local businesses as much as I could.
Alyssa3467 is online now   Reply With Quote