Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #151
javachip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Just from personal perspective- I haven't made Tao, I've made Kokonoe who has more materials/labor stuff to factor in, but $88 for Taokaka sounds suspiciously low to me. What does this commission include? Just the coat? What about the mask/braids? Claws? Tail? Boots? Shorts/suspenders?

For just the coat it could be believable, but my general rule of thumb is that if a costume isn't a VERY simple design (which Tao is not imo) and costs under $100 AND it's a commission (which should factor in the commissioner's labor costs on top of materials), it's too good to be true.
I see. Thanks for your opinion Kitsoru. If you put it that way, then it is too good to be true because she is including everything I asked for (tail, claws, braids, jacket, mask, etc). I guess I will have to keep looking. Just curiously, how much would you charge if you were to do this costume for me, with labor and materials factored in?
javachip is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #152
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by javachip View Post
I see. Thanks for your opinion Kitsoru. If you put it that way, then it is too good to be true because she is including everything I asked for (tail, claws, braids, jacket, mask, etc). I guess I will have to keep looking. Just curiously, how much would you charge if you were to do this costume for me, with labor and materials factored in?
Haha, well I've only made Kokonoe who has a bit more "stuff" to her outfit than Tao, and Kokonoe cost me about $200 to make- so use that as a frame of reference, I guess? Just off the top of my head I'd put Tao in the range of about 130-150, maybe- due to lack of full wig, only about 3 yards of fabric needed for the main bit of the coat (though lots of notions including a custom zipper, and things like sintra for the claws and fur for the tail, then you think about whether you want the mask lit up and.. yeah), but I think labor could vary widely.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 06:44 AM   #153
PalmTopDragon
ハロー

Anyone done anything with Gya.c?

http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...t/12064/cat/16
PalmTopDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #154
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Anybody know anything about the user VampireSin on here?

Thanks!
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #155
Anifreak20

Cosplay house wigs

I am planning to cosplay as Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo and i have the costume but not the wig. I looked on cosplayhouse.com and found the wig yet it only shows the anime pic. i was wondering if anyone knew if their wigs were accurate or should i look somewhere else?
Anifreak20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #156
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

i dont know how big your head is, but i heard one member on here ordered one from them and the cap was to small for her head.
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #157
Anifreak20

i've talked with the person who is making the ryoko costume i ordered and they said that they make wigs too. i've asked if they could make the wig but haven't got an answer yet. i hope they can or else its back to searching again.
Anifreak20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 01:55 AM   #158
kagome437

i'm looking for any and all reviews on fm anime.com so if anyone has any information about them, please it'd be a big help.
kagome437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #159
SakkyxHaruno
ClownxPrincess

I searched the thread and nothing came up.. Does anyone know anything about darkmoonchild? I wanna commission a Harley Quinn costume and I like the one shown in her add on here, but I'm not sure if I should?
{Cosplays in progress}
Rogue (X-Men) 50% - Sylveon (Pokémon Gijinka) 65% - Black Cat (The Amazing Spider-Man) 60%
SakkyxHaruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #160
shortsheik

Can anyone tell me anything about Cosummit?

I've already checked the other forum and not found anything. I'm considering buying a costume from them. It's one I haven't seen anywhere else but on some (very) cheap Chinese sites that I don't trust very much (due to a few bad experiences). Their images seem to be of a different, higher quality costume... but the price is also higher. I'd really like to hear if anyone else has experience with them.

Thanks!
shortsheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 04:55 PM   #161
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

www.dinodirect.com

this site apears to be good but the pic is the same as on the other sites so im just wondering if thats good or bad?
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #162
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

anyone know a good site to get a good zack fair costume? whats the best site? i looked on cosplaymagic.com but the price was to high D:..

so anyone know of a good site to buy the zack fair costume on?
Unread 02-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #163
MiraiTrunksLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
anyone know a good site to get a good zack fair costume? whats the best site? i looked on cosplaymagic.com but the price was to high D:..

so anyone know of a good site to buy the zack fair costume on?
my bf got his zack cosplay from cosplaymagic, sure it's pricy but the quality is great.
MiraiTrunksLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #164
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

lol yes its, thanks ill compare the other ones i find to it.
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #165
lulu.doll

tokyo_frontier on ebay? They're from Japan and the one I'm specifically looking at of theirs is;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vocaloid2-Hatsun...em1c198f d886

...its just so pretty QAQ
and i can't sew (my friend can so if it comes down to it, we'll prolly just prolly attempt to make it ourselves... though that's not a good idea...)
lulu.doll is offline   Reply With Quote