Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #166
Keebablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by javachip View Post
I actually got a quote from the same commissioner (Xul-San) as well and she quoted $85 for my Taokaka costume. It seems like a good deal, but I need a second opinion from an expert. For this price, would I get something of good quality or a cheap one? Like what Nekotehcrazy, said, it looks too good to be true. I'm a newbie when it comes to cosplaying.

I also saw Jennifer's cosplay on ebay and interested in getting a costume from them. One costume I want actually went up in price and their shipping is pretty expensive though.
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT commission xul_san. She has ripped me and at least one other girl I know of off.
Keebablue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #167
onewingedjade
Escaping Reality

I need reviews on cosplaybuy.com and cosplay-costume.com. Also, does Cosplay Magic use original photos?

2014 Cosplays: Chun Li - SF, Chell - Portal, Felicia - Darkstalkers
onewingedjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #168
NamelessLove

Reviews for FM-Anime.com?

So, my cosplay budget has become a little tight and I found this website called fm-anime.com and although the side claims that the photos are their own and that the product you will recieve will look the same as the photo, I can't help but be warry of it!
I've ordered from Milanoo.com before and it was a total mess! Since then I have been ordering from Ebay Sellers and have had really good luck, but they've become rather expensive with the new year starting out!

So, has anyone bought anything from this site and how was your experience?

http://www.fm-anime.com/
NamelessLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #169
Zhor'Fughakee
Wasteland Plague Doctor

Cosplaygate.com ?

I realised I posted this in the wrong place lol anyways,

Okay so, I want to know if someone bought from CosplayGate.com ? It can be anything, I just want to know if they are reliable because I want to buy one of their Zentai for my cosplay and I had problems with 2 companies ( they post their products online without advertisement they are out of stock and then when I ordered, they said they didn't have it in stock ). So if anyone ordered from them and didn't have problems, please let me know
Unread 02-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #170
NamelessLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebablue View Post
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT commission xul_san. She has ripped me and at least one other girl I know of off.
I was asking for a quote for the same costume... I got a 95 USD for it.
It's good to see a review on her. I was actually going to have her make it next week! XD You probably just saved me!
NamelessLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #171
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessLove View Post
So, my cosplay budget has become a little tight and I found this website called fm-anime.com and although the side claims that the photos are their own and that the product you will recieve will look the same as the photo, I can't help but be warry of it!
I've ordered from Milanoo.com before and it was a total mess! Since then I have been ordering from Ebay Sellers and have had really good luck, but they've become rather expensive with the new year starting out!

yes cosplay magic does use orginal photo i order from them alot
kuroki-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #172
Shadowpea

I know Jennifer Cosplay was mentioned a few pages back, but does anyone know if 1987csddlink and csddlink are the same? I'm guessing yes but I just wanna make sure first. c:

Shadowpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #173
Saber-chan

Does anyone have any experience with user d-jenn on here? I placed an ad in the marketplace for a particular type of cosplay commission and she has responded, and linked me to her etsy store. I've checked her feedback there (she's shoshanna2003 on the site) and it's great and she has feedback for using the type of fabric I wanted. I can't seem to find a review on her here though so I thought I'd check first!
Illysaviel (Fs/n): casual wear (Saturday; photoshoot only)
Saber-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #174
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber-chan View Post
Does anyone have any experience with user d-jenn on here? I placed an ad in the marketplace for a particular type of cosplay commission and she has responded, and linked me to her etsy store. I've checked her feedback there (she's shoshanna2003 on the site) and it's great and she has feedback for using the type of fabric I wanted. I can't seem to find a review on her here though so I thought I'd check first!
I'm actually commissioning her right now. Her Etsy is legit and the PayPal name matches hers. Not sure when mine will be done, but I can let you know when it's finished! ^_^
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #175
Saber-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
I'm actually commissioning her right now. Her Etsy is legit and the PayPal name matches hers. Not sure when mine will be done, but I can let you know when it's finished! ^_^
Ah I thought that the Etsy was hers. She's sent me pics of outfits using the types of fabric I want (faux leather and spandex) and they're amazing looking so I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with her. The price seems on the higher end, but if the costumes turn out like that, I think it'd be worth it. I certainly don't mind paying that for this particular costume.
Unread 03-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #176
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber-chan View Post
Ah I thought that the Etsy was hers. She's sent me pics of outfits using the types of fabric I want (faux leather and spandex) and they're amazing looking so I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with her. The price seems on the higher end, but if the costumes turn out like that, I think it'd be worth it. I certainly don't mind paying that for this particular costume.
Yeah, she's using a 4-way vinyl stretch fabric for mine. ^_^ I do agree that her prices are on the higher end. She is very nice though and easy to work with so far. She listens to what you want and she responds quickly. She has given me her MySpace account as well, and again, everything matches up, so she seems to be good to go. I sure hope so anyways, lol. Mine should be ready in a month or two. I don't know how soon you need yours, but if you wait until May, you can see my review on her. I don't know if anyone here has commissioned her before.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #177
Saber-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
Yeah, she's using a 4-way vinyl stretch fabric for mine. ^_^ I do agree that her prices are on the higher end. She is very nice though and easy to work with so far. She listens to what you want and she responds quickly. She has given me her MySpace account as well, and again, everything matches up, so she seems to be good to go. I sure hope so anyways, lol. Mine should be ready in a month or two. I don't know how soon you need yours, but if you wait until May, you can see my review on her. I don't know if anyone here has commissioned her before.
Well, I can't afford to have this outfit screwed up and it's one I really want to do. She's been a quick responder to everything so far and has been the only reply I've gotten. I need mine by June 1, but I will look forward to seeing your review. I saw examples of her Jem, Batgirl, Catwoman, and Storm costumes and they looked simply fantastic.
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #178
Reisana-chan

Quote:

Same! If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Upcoming Cons.
Anime Boston '11

2011 Cosplays

Stocking: Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Reisana-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #179
Reisana-chan

Quote:

I'm screwing it and buying from the site now, their reviews look ok to me so I'm going to just cross my fingers and hope for the best!
Once I get what I ordered (I'm guess around the middle of April) I'll PM you and tell you what the product is like.

Upcoming Cons.
Anime Boston '11

2011 Cosplays

Stocking: Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Reisana-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 05:26 AM   #180
PurplePixieDust

Cosplay costumes from Sinomart.com

I've once again procrastinated to the point of having to order my costume. I'm going to be Rika from Higurashi. I was thinking about ordering my costume from Sinomart.com because it's currently 50% off and I'm on a very tight budget this year. However, I can't find any reviews about the website online..which I find to be slightly odd. Has anyone ever heard of it before? It seems like it would be a great deal (costume plus shipping would only be $54), but I'm just afraid that it's too good to be true. If this site turns out to be bad, does anyone know of any other relatively inexpensive sites that has a Rika Furude (school uniform) costume? I've tried Google, but I don't really know which ones seem good or not.

Thanks guys!
PurplePixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote