Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #181
Bitter
Certified Loli Trap

Anyone have a review for Loserific here on coscom? I'm looking into commissioning them, but can't be too careful.
I have more, but everything's up in the air at the moment.

Next Cons: AnimeNext, Otakon
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #182
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

FM-Anime review: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...=1#post3846707
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #183
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Anyone have a review for Loserific here on coscom? I'm looking into commissioning them, but can't be too careful.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=105758

Ctrl+F "Loserific"
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #184
Bitter
Certified Loli Trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Thank you, but I saw that already. Those reviews are a few months old and I was hoping to find someone who has commissioned her more recently to ensure that the quality of her work hasn't gone down hill.

Unread 03-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #185
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Thank you, but I saw that already. Those reviews are a few months old and I was hoping to find someone who has commissioned her more recently to ensure that the quality of her work hasn't gone down hill.
I do know one girl has commissioned from her and she is having problems, despite all the good reviews. I'll look around for where the link is so it doesn't sound like I'm just pulling it out of thin air.

EDIT: Here we go: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=74409&page=181 Also, if you go back a few pages, I think a little more is said.

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 03-17-2011 at 03:04 PM.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #186
Bitter
Certified Loli Trap

Thank you very much! That was very helpful!

Unread 03-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #187
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Yeah, I'm one she's currently... working with.

She told me most recently:

Quote:
Hello, thanks again for being so patient. I should have some progress within the week. I have honesty just been swamped with other work. If I do not have the costume complete by March 18th, I will give you a full refund.
That was on February 22nd. Then on the 13th, I sent another message, and she sent on the 14th:

Quote:
Hey, I'm still planning to ship it this Friday. I'll have some progress shots tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again for being so patient with me.
Its Friday, she didn't send me progress shots. I'll wait and see.

I'm just concerned since she keeps saying she has "other work" she's doing. Does she mean other commissions? So that means she's avoiding mine to work with new people. Since I did commission her back in September with a January deadline.

I'm kind of wishing she'd just give me my refund and screw the costume. I don't even want to cosplay this character anymore, and that $150 first payment could buy me some new wigs. I'm also wondering if she's going to make me pay the second payment still. Considering how late she is, and how she sort of ruined part of my convention experience. Though I should be thankful, wearing my America costume instead helped me meet fellow Hetalia cosplayers, and ultimately, my girlfriend XD;

NOTE: When she first screwed up my con, I asked for a full refund. And she refused. Now she's offering it. I think before, she didn't realize how bad what she did was. Now she does. Good :| It's weird, because I'm used to problems with commissioners somehow being partially my fault in some way. But really... this wasn't. In any way. I sent her the money promptly, sent her the measurements (which were a LOT of them) within the week, and have been patiently waiting.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!

Last edited by Axelai : 03-18-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #188
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Yeah, I'm one she's currently... working with.

She told me most recently:

That was on February 22nd. Then on the 13th, I sent another message, and she sent on the 14th:

Its Friday, she didn't send me progress shots. I'll wait and see.

I'm just concerned since she keeps saying she has "other work" she's doing. Does she mean other commissions? So that means she's avoiding mine to work with new people. Since I did commission her back in September with a January deadline.

I'm kind of wishing she'd just give me my refund and screw the costume. I don't even want to cosplay this character anymore, and that $150 first payment could buy me some new wigs. I'm also wondering if she's going to make me pay the second payment still. Considering how late she is, and how she sort of ruined part of my convention experience. Though I should be thankful, wearing my America costume instead helped me meet fellow Hetalia cosplayers, and ultimately, my girlfriend XD;

NOTE: When she first screwed up my con, I asked for a full refund. And she refused. Now she's offering it. I think before, she didn't realize how bad what she did was. Now she does. Good :| It's weird, because I'm used to problems with commissioners somehow being partially my fault in some way. But really... this wasn't. In any way. I sent her the money promptly, sent her the measurements (which were a LOT of them) within the week, and have been patiently waiting.
I hate that you keep getting screwed. Makes me wish I could sew things and make it for you, lol. Glad you met your girlfriend though -- things DO happen for a reason, even though they sometimes make no sense, lol.

Any word yet on your commission? :/
Unread 03-19-2011, 03:46 AM   #189
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
I hate that you keep getting screwed. Makes me wish I could sew things and make it for you, lol. Glad you met your girlfriend though -- things DO happen for a reason, even though they sometimes make no sense, lol.

Any word yet on your commission? :/
Aww, thanks! You're sweet <3

Yeah, if I hadn't worn my America cosplay, I wouldn't have met my wonderful girlfriend :3 She only talked to me in the first place cuz she loves the character. And now we've been dating since the day after the con ^^

I sent her a message earlier. No response. Its now technically Saturday. And no messages. No progress pictures :|

Unread 03-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #190
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Aww, thanks! You're sweet <3

Yeah, if I hadn't worn my America cosplay, I wouldn't have met my wonderful girlfriend :3 She only talked to me in the first place cuz she loves the character. And now we've been dating since the day after the con ^^

I sent her a message earlier. No response. Its now technically Saturday. And no messages. No progress pictures :|
Aww, well at least there's some good out of this sour deal.

What are you wanting to cosplay now? Maybe I can try to help somehow.
Unread 03-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #191
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
Aww, well at least there's some good out of this sour deal.

What are you wanting to cosplay now? Maybe I can try to help somehow.
I'm working on Matador!Spain from Hetalia. Whoo cutting my hair XD

The commission is for Darry from Gurren Lagann (the extra video Kiyal's Magical Time)

Unread 03-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #192
PurplePixieDust

Anyone know anything about Sinomart.com? I can't find any reviews for them online.
PurplePixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #193
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePixieDust View Post
Anyone know anything about Sinomart.com? I can't find any reviews for them online.
I can't either. I wouldn't risk it, though. Just look for somewhere else that's known to be reliable.

Unread 03-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #194
Sticky-Iki
Meow?

Has anyone ordered anything from Scumberry? She's a commissioner on this site. She only logs in when she's taking commissions. I ordered something from her earlier this year and we're still in communication but with all the talk of scams I've gotten worried. I can't find anything on the site about her and her communication, though still there, has gotten scattered and slower. I want to believe that she's legit since she gave me her cell number (which works, I've checked) but... I don't know. I've heard of scammers meeting with people at cons and still scamming them.

Anything?

http://www.cosplay.com/member/242395/

Future Cosplays:
Aisha ClanClan {Outlaw Star}
Panty {Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt}
Sticky-Iki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #195
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky-Iki View Post
Has anyone ordered anything from Scumberry? She's a commissioner on this site. She only logs in when she's taking commissions. I ordered something from her earlier this year and we're still in communication but with all the talk of scams I've gotten worried. I can't find anything on the site about her and her communication, though still there, has gotten scattered and slower. I want to believe that she's legit since she gave me her cell number (which works, I've checked) but... I don't know. I've heard of scammers meeting with people at cons and still scamming them.

Anything?

http://www.cosplay.com/member/242395/
When is your commission due? A lot of times, missed due dates are a key sign of a scammed and multiple excuses. That being said, life sometimes DOES happen, but most professionals know how to handle situations and push through them and actually meet deadlines. A lot of people do commissions as a hobby and conduct business as such. While these are great people, for the most part, deadlines aren't usually top priority. People that do this as a business are usually the best people to commission from.

I don't recognize her. There's not many photos and I'm biased currently because I've had a bad experience with a supposed commissioner from that state, lol. I'd try to find more information out about the seller. If the commissioner hasn't missed your deadline yet, I wouldn't fret. Even a steady flow of communication can be a bad sign though. False security.