Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #346
Lupakara

Hey everyone!

I thought I would write a review for Mooney Couture, so that hopefully people can just find it without having to ask about it.

I commissioned a Princess Azula Season 2 costume from her because I just didn't have enough time to make it myself like I normally do. This was my first commission request!
I had sent out emails asking for quotes to many people, some were slower than others to respond. Mooney Couture was quick to reply, very friendly and offered a few different options to help me get an affordable price. Her's was the lowest price (though not by too much ), and part of that is because I was able to choose cotton for the fabric (the Con was in August!). Mooney Couture was able to deliver on time, as promised. My costume is well made and fits great! I am very pleased with the result! She takes half payment up front (to buy materials) and the other half when done, which I think is very fair.

I would therefore like to recommend Mooney Couture as a great place to order from!

Happy Cosplaying!
Lupakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #347
Sylphine

I had previously posted about a wig commissioner who took 2 months to get back to me and I will now take my foot out of my mouth because she finally did get back to me. So I removed to message, I just don't know if her reasoning for not responding was true or not...

Last edited by Sylphine : 11-22-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Sylphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #348
Aziral

Has anyone commissioned a costume from Moemall? I know their wigs are fine, but I haven't heard of anyone buying a custom costume from them before.

Last edited by Aziral : 12-07-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Aziral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #349
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
Use the "Search Forum" function. There's lots of reviews and posts concerning this seller.
um on some computers (this one actually) the search bar for the forums doesnt show up. it shows up on the computer at my moms house, but not all computers show the search bar, so it will be MUCH harder for them to find what they need..speaking of that tho, i think admin should know this. maybe theres something that can be done idk..
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #350
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
um on some computers (this one actually) the search bar for the forums doesnt show up. it shows up on the computer at my moms house, but not all computers show the search bar, so it will be MUCH harder for them to find what they need..speaking of that tho, i think admin should know this. maybe theres something that can be done idk..
Really? That's interesting. I've never heard of that problem (hasn't happened to me, not even on my phone). I wonder if it has to do with different browsers or internet settings? It seems odd that different computers would be a problem. Kind of crazy!
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #351
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
Really? That's interesting. I've never heard of that problem (hasn't happened to me, not even on my phone). I wonder if it has to do with different browsers or internet settings? It seems odd that different computers would be a problem. Kind of crazy!
yea, i was like WTF man! i even asked my dad whats wrtong with his computer lol he was like how the hell should i know YOU go on that site not me lolyea weird though..i put a thread in the HQ forum to see if maybe theres a coding thing they do that makes it work for different browsers or whatever
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #352
greenteakilling
one-hit KO

eBay seller reviews

Hey everybody! I'm always slightly wary buying from new sellers, although this one has excellent feedback for the past year on their eBay account. Has anyone here bought any wigs from snughome? I'd just like some off-site feedback.
greenteakilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #353
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Ive heard some mixed reviews on hellocosplay and one person said you should pick a easy costume to avoid conflict.
i really like this:
http://www.hellocosplay.com/durarara...me-p-2258.html

do you think its worth a try? would they screw it up? should i buy it or just buy it somewhere else?
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #354
sunnydale_pet

Has anyone commissioned a wig from Angelic Wigs? She has a gorgeous Rapunzel wig in her images, but I've been burned before. Thanks!
sunnydale_pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #355
NeonGenki
Wait A Macaroni Minute...

Anyone know about Airily wigs? The site looks legit and like they sell good quality wigs,but I won't trust a site until I've heard reviews about it

http://airily.jp/?uiaid=cc
NeonGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #356
allmostanyone

Has anyone ordered from Highsky on here?
and also here
http://www.acparadise.com/loves/highsky

Thank you~
allmostanyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #357
Duo Monkey
Yaoi Con Cosplay Director

鶉-uzura- ripped me off too. I've waited a year and a half and have heard nothing. I'm trying to find an e-mail to see if I can sue her. I gave her a great deal of money and soon as the 45 day mark hit and I couldn't file a report to PayPal she stopped all contact.
Duo Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #358
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already (I searched for it but couldn't find anything), but has anyone purchased anything from this ebay store: eidoloncosplay.com ? My friend wants to buy an Austria outfit off of it, but she wasn't sure if it was reliable or not. Anyone?
Royalbakaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #359
mistypoison

Has anyone brought from holiccosplay.com?
mistypoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #360
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

This person has been asked about several times, but no one has responded. Thought I'd ask again since a friend is looking to commission. Does anyone know about the commissioner Count Aka http://www.cosplay.com/member/222626 on here?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote