Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #61
Beachbead

I'm wondering if there is some up to date on this company

http://www.qqcosplay.com/Costume.htm i asked them for a price quote some time ago and after waiting a few days i asked them whats the price quote, they came back to me saying they are looking for someone who can sew the finish cosplay for me. Is this how they normaly work?
Beachbead is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #62
blueberry-kun

I've bought from them before.
They are very reliable, and their wig quality is astounding.
I've also read some good reviews.
blueberry-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #63
Pirate Queen
What's up, hot lady?

Hey!

Has anyone heard/ordered anything from this ebay store?

1) Cosplay Star
http://stores.ebay.ca/cosplaystar

My friend Stephanie is looking for a good ebay store to get stuff from and we've been investigating. :P

-------
Anime North 2012
Little Sister, Bioshock 2
Terra Branford 2.0, Final Fantasy
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #64
uniquecreator
Costume Designer

No, this is not a normal business process. If you ask a commissioner about getting a quote, they should be the ones to answer you within a reasonable time. The fact that they are considering someone else to give you a quote is that they are the company and they send their work out to be done by someone else a third party. This may mean an extra expense to you because they have to get some cut from the quote.

Any other questions about commissioning or need a commission ask me.

uniquecreator
uniquecreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #65
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbead View Post
I'm wondering if there is some up to date on this company

http://www.qqcosplay.com/Costume.htm i asked them for a price quote some time ago and after waiting a few days i asked them whats the price quote, they came back to me saying they are looking for someone who can sew the finish cosplay for me. Is this how they normaly work?
I heard qqcosplay was good and they have some good reviews on the review board. I've never personally ordered from though. I'm really only willing to order from a Chinese seller or over seas seller if they have a lot of good rep and word of mouth.

Though I'm not sure if it makes any difference if it's from their ebay store or their website since I was looking at their website.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)

Last edited by Kawaii Pocky : 11-09-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #66
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Queen View Post
Hey!

Has anyone heard/ordered anything from this ebay store?

1) Cosplay Star
http://stores.ebay.ca/cosplaystar

My friend Stephanie is looking for a good ebay store to get stuff from and we've been investigating. :P
I've heard wonderful things about cocosilver. THey have great reviews and I've had a few people recommend them. They're a Chinese ebay seller and also have a website but I will give you their ebay since I prefer to pay through ebay or paypal so that way my purchase is protected.

http://stores.ebay.com/cocosilverhk?_rdc=1

Their moderately priced, it really depends on what you want commissioned which determines the price. Also, they do great jobs on making tshirts for anime characters. Like if you wanted to cosplay Travis Touchdown they could make his default tshirt from the game. Also, I think they make props and jewelry for cosplay. Since I'm looking at their store again to see all what they have. I got a quote from them for a RE4 Ada dress and it was about 200 dollars which is reasonable since I've seen that dress run much higher then 200 dollars.

Also, one of my favorite stores on ebay for wigs, they are a Chinese seller but normally it takes less then two weeks to get to you. And their wigs are a good quality for the price you pay. Plus they always have wigs on sale so you could get a wig for 10 dollars or under some times. But I highly recommend them. They normally run about 20-30 dollars. In the 40s if it's a really long haired wig. But I got my long haired wig on sale for 14 plus shipping so it was about 26 dollars or so. But normally they don't charge shipping for a wig that runs between 20-30, only the cheaper ones, but their shipping is very reasonable and not outrageous like a lot of China and over seas sellers.

http://stores.ebay.com/Wig-Fashion?_rdc=1

Love Wig Fashion!
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #67
Beachbead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
I heard qqcosplay was good and they have some good reviews on the review board. I've never personally ordered from though. I'm really only willing to order from a Chinese seller or over seas seller if they have a lot of good rep and word of mouth.

Though I'm not sure if it makes any difference if it's from their ebay store or their website since I was looking at their website.

thank you so much for the quick replay. I'll go ahead and order something small from them first before ordering something big.

I e-mailed the company about a day ago and still haven't heard from them, again is this the normal thing they do? If I don't hear from them by the end of the month I'm looking for someone else to do my cosplay.

Last edited by Beachbead : 11-13-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Unread 11-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #68
Pirate Queen
What's up, hot lady?

kawaii pocky: Cosplay wig has some really nice wigs and good deals as well! I'll let my friend know about cosplay star (cocosilver). I also thought they looked pretty good! Thanks for all your help

Wait.. is cosplaystar and cocosilver the same person?

-------
Anime North 2012
Little Sister, Bioshock 2
Terra Branford 2.0, Final Fantasy

Last edited by Pirate Queen : 11-10-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #69
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
Thanks! ^_^ I've spoke to her too and read her listing. I was just wondering if anyone has actually commissioned anything from her. Sometimes, even people that know what they're talking about don't produce quality products, so I though it would be nice to talk to a couple of people who had something made by her for them. Thank you for the response though!

You can go and check on her website too for more info

http://www.DigitalDimensionCosplay.com/

Dugfinn is actually my friend ( both us Houstonians) and I can guarantee you that she is reliable as she sometimes helps me with my stuff. She is quick in responding her emails and sometimes she gets to update her account.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #70
Sandwich

Opinion on an online retailer

I've been looking to buy shoes from Jacco Fashion * for a cosplay, but keep going back and forth on if they're trustworthy. I can't find anything about them through Google besides normal press releases, and both their blog and livejournal have no comments on them. The big thing I'm worried about is the fact that they're from Hong Kong, and through a few of my collecting fandoms I know that you should be leery of HK sellers (lots of bootlegs etc, no offense to people from HK in general).

Does anyone know anything about them, or can offer an opinion based on their website/anything?

Last edited by Sandwich : 11-13-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #71
Beachbead

While I wait for a quote from the other place I was wondering about this girl. I did read a review on this girl and it was good one anyone else buy from her?

http://belovedcosplay.webs.com/apps/...lbumid=9708396
Unread 11-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #72
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Any information on Fantasy Sheep wigs? Since i have a small-ish head, i want to make sure it won't be too big. Or, ya know, that it looks anything like the pictures XD;;

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #73
ShyShy
The sky is not the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Any information on Fantasy Sheep wigs? Since i have a small-ish head, i want to make sure it won't be too big. Or, ya know, that it looks anything like the pictures XD;;
The wig I ordered (Noctis wig) was pretty small which is good since I have a small-ish head. I had to cut the bangs since they were a bit long, but I didn't mind. But what I don't like about the wig is that it's a little coarse and not as soft. It's also a bit thin in the back, but overall I'm happy since I get to style it however I want to, plus free shipping C:

Here are some pics:
side front

Last edited by ShyShy : 11-17-2010 at 07:33 PM.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #74
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyShy View Post
The wig I ordered (Noctis wig) was pretty small which is good since I have a small-ish head. I had to cut the bangs since they were a bit long, but I didn't mind. But what I don't like about the wig is that it's a little coarse and not as soft. It's also a bit thin in the back, but overall I'm happy since I get to style it however I want to, plus free shipping C:

Here are some pics:
side front
Hmmm alright c: Thanks. I was considering getting their America wig (and my friend wants their Hikaru wig), since it looks better than any others. But if its not really soft... hm. I'll think about it then c: Thanks

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 02:47 AM   #75
Calamity's Edge
♥ ifly ♥

Thanks for all the opinions.

= u =;; I was recently browsing ebay again, and found another user using the same pictures with like a gazillion of water marks.

ryuchi0109 <- store there.

o uo ;; And I kinda followed the link on the huge watermark that led me to a taobao store. XD;; Ahhh. Dunno who's legit and who's not. x_____x;;

Last edited by Calamity's Edge : 11-18-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Calamity's Edge is offline   Reply With Quote