Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 08-20-2016, 01:27 AM   #1
Yujin

Which TaoBao shopping service/agent do you use?

Hey all, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Recently I've been debating more and more trying to buy as much full cosplay sets from TaoBao as opposed to eBay or Aliexpess, since the prices are ridiculously marked up on the latter two. (Although international shipping usually evens out the cheap TaoBao prices in the end lol...)

I know there are a bunch of shopping services/agents out there for TaoBao, but I'm a bit hesitant on which to try out next after my first failed attempt. (below) If you buy from TaoBao via ss/agent, which do you use and why? And how have your experiences been?

If anyone has used Bhiner before:
I tried Bhiner first because the UI is the most modern and their customer service has decent response times. Everything was going peachy until it was time to ship to me from their warehouse (also, note they have one of the lowest commission fees, but to top up your wallet via PayPal there are associated fees and their shipping in general is on the high end). My package was stuck at "waiting for customs clearance" on the tracking website for over 2 weeks, and only after a few back and forth emails with their CS did they tell me my package was "lost." Utter bullshit and I didn't get to wear a cosplay to my con, but they DID give me a full refund (including the PayPal fees) within a couple days.

If you've used Bhiner before, did everything go smoothly? I feel like I could have had just one very unlucky experience with the shipping and am not sure if it's representative of their shipping on a whole...Google shows mixed reviews with Bhiner though, as with most ss's lol. x(
Otakon '09, '13, '14, '15, '16
Katsucon '11, '14, '15, '16
OmegaCon '13
Saikoucon '15
NekoCon '15, '16
MAGfest '16, '17 (Classic '15, '16)
-----------------------
MAGfest plans: Kairi (KH2), Maki Nishikino (White Day, Love Live)
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #2
saite

I've used bhiner once before, and I plan on using them again for an upcoming order. The first time, everything went smoothly. Granted, I did pay a buttload for shipping to USA! I had ordered a couple of costumes, but also a pair of cosplay shoes and a large/heavy prop, as well. I learned my lesson though. For any future orders, I'm only sticking to costumes/wigs.

Which shipping option did you use for your order? My first order was shipped with EMS, but I'm debating which to use for my next order.
completed 2016 cosplays: Kenma, Yang, Ryuuko, Noctis, Tooru Yukimura, Mumei, Seraphina, Nico Niiyama
saite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2016, 12:46 AM   #3
Yujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by saite View Post
I've used bhiner once before, and I plan on using them again for an upcoming order. The first time, everything went smoothly. Granted, I did pay a buttload for shipping to USA! I had ordered a couple of costumes, but also a pair of cosplay shoes and a large/heavy prop, as well. I learned my lesson though. For any future orders, I'm only sticking to costumes/wigs.

Which shipping option did you use for your order? My first order was shipped with EMS, but I'm debating which to use for my next order.
Yeah my main gripe is that apparently they really jack up the shipping prices and I've even read in some reviews they list your package in a higher volume class to incur higher fees... I don't know if it's worth. v__v

I chose Bhiner Express (whatever the fuck that was) because I didn't know/think there would be a significant difference between the shipping services. It was LISTED as the lowest (like 15-20 or something) but they invoiced me 40-50$ for shipping and I was like ????. (My package did include 1 costume, 3 small wigs, and 2 sandal sized shoes but I can't imagine they couldn't squish them into one small package, yknow?) I didn't need it to get here that quickly based on when I ordered it, but the fact that it straight up got LOST and they failed to tell me until I pestered them for days screwed me over big time.

If you value your package I wouldn't take a chance with Bhiner Express. I'm sure even 8/10 times it's fine, but my experience just put such a bad taste in my mouth I'm not sure if I want to chance it again. :/
OmegaCon '13
Saikoucon '15
NekoCon '15, '16
-----------------------
Unread 08-23-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
saite

Ackk I just made my second payment on my new order and chose Bhiner Express since it was $17 cheaper than EMS, but now hearing that your Bhiner Express shipping was lost I'm a bit worried Glad to hear that they gave you a full refund, so at least that's a good backup in case mine also gets lost. I'll keep you posted how mine goes!

I think I've heard some friends recommend taobaobuying.com (It might have been another agent. I'll ask them and let you know!), and I was going to give it a try but the UI confused me and that's why I ended up with Bhiner again this time :/

Edit: Nevermind, it was www.taobaospree.com! I'll check out their site and might give it a try next time.
completed 2016 cosplays: Kenma, Yang, Ryuuko, Noctis, Tooru Yukimura, Mumei, Seraphina, Nico Niiyama

Last edited by saite : 08-23-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Unread 08-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #5
Yujin

Oh no, hopefully it works out fine for you! If you don't mind me asking, how much was your international shipping fee? I'm trying to see if it really is more expensive or if I just ordered significantly bulkier stuff. :x

Yeah I've heard that taobaospree (I think it's been rebranded to spreenow though) has been used a lot. I probably should have gone with it but the UI just looked SO outdated. x.x Also is it too much to ask for a shipping service company with ACTUAL bilingual customer service reps? 8( Talking to Bhiner customer service, it's obvious they use some kind of translation service and/or have some half-ass English speaking individual. e_e;
OmegaCon '13
Saikoucon '15
NekoCon '15, '16
-----------------------
Unread 08-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #6
saite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
Oh no, hopefully it works out fine for you! If you don't mind me asking, how much was your international shipping fee? I'm trying to see if it really is more expensive or if I just ordered significantly bulkier stuff. :x

Yeah I've heard that taobaospree (I think it's been rebranded to spreenow though) has been used a lot. I probably should have gone with it but the UI just looked SO outdated. x.x Also is it too much to ask for a shipping service company with ACTUAL bilingual customer service reps? 8( Talking to Bhiner customer service, it's obvious they use some kind of translation service and/or have some half-ass English speaking individual. e_e;
OMG that's exactly what I've been thinking! And it also sucks that the working hours time zones are pretty much opposite from where I'm at, so any messages I send to CS kinda take another day for a response, which delays shipping even more ;_;

I ordered 2 costumes this time, and the weight Bhiner gave me when they received them was 2kg. They quoted $47 for EMS, and $34 for Bhiner Express.

Also, I love your young Ram cosplay on your fb page! I just got her costume recently too, but still needa buy my wig.
Unread 08-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #7
Yujin

Sameee. I can only get maybe 1-2 inquiries in when they open shop at 9pm my local time before I go to sleep. -.-; Yeah the time lag is pretty brutal. :/

I can't find the kg approximation for my order anymore but I was invoiced 48.46$ for international shipping via Bhiner Express........which is basically like almost the same estimated price for DHL or UPS ?? Grr it's so hard to figure out exactly what is going on. -_-;

Aw thank you! I had to rush buy wigs from Amazon because the wigs I intended to wear were lost in this package. :T
OmegaCon '13
Saikoucon '15
NekoCon '15, '16
-----------------------