Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 05-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
bluemacaroons

MatchWigs Review

So I have two wigs from the online wig store, matchwigs.com. While I can't entirely remember the name of the styles, as they are all different and don't have set styles with set colours like Epic Cosplay would or Arda, I've had both wigs for quite a bit of time.

I'm going to rate them together not separately on a scale from 1 to 5, 1 being absolutely horrible, 5 being perfect.

The first wig I have is a medium length blonde wig which I intend to (probably) use for my Femme!Thor cosplay, and the second is a short pink wig I'm going to use for Lisbeth (SAO).

Softness: 4
Both wigs are very soft and touchable and my favourite part of them, is that they still somewhat retain the feel of more natural human hair rather than synthetic fibres. I would give them a five, but I'm not going to because I do have wigs that are softer, despite these wigs being pretty damn nice!

Thickness: 3
While these wigs are not thin in the least, I wouldn't describe them as being particularly thick either. When worn, the wefts don't show or anything, but I found on my blonde Thor wig, I had to part the bangs a certain way or else their would be a small area where the wefts were visible. I haven't tried to work around this yet so I don't know if it is fixable.

Colour: 3.5
The colour on my pink wig is absolutely spot on. The difference between the colour I saw on the monitor and what it is in real life is only different by maybe a shade, and it really isn;t that big of a deal. The difference between my blonde wig is a bit bigger, as when I got my blonde one, it was a lot more yellow than I would have liked it. I found out soon later that blonde wigs are incredibly hard to shop for because cameras don't pick up yellow shades as well as they do other colours? Something like that. But overall, it wasn't a wig deal

Service: 2.5
This one is a bit low considering I've ordered from them twice now. But the reason being, is mostly in shipping. There's three different options: Free shipping, 2$ shipping and something like 20$ shipping. Free is great, but it takes probably over a month to deliver and I'm just not about that life. So 2$ isn't much, but it still takes quite a while to ship, not over a month but probably around the one month mark or just under it. Better, and okay if you're ordering way ahead of time because you've actually organized your cosplans (I'm not that good... heh). And the 20$ shipping only takes just over a week to ship. So you really go from two different extremes, either a really long time, or a short time, there's no happy medium. And a thing about the fast shipping, I also had to pay extra at the door which I didn't expect at all (maybe I didn't read right, but I thought I had read thoroughly). I think the shipping was more than the actual wig.

Overall: 3.75
Almost a four but not quite. Overall, I had a mostly enjoyable experience ordering from MatchWigs, and I'll put a small list of some other good things and a few bad things below:
PROS
  • Good price! Most wigs are under 30$
  • Easily navigatable site
  • Good customer service (staff communicates with you and they even put a wig on hold for me after they processed an order of a wig that was actually sold out and put a hold on a wig that was similar to the one I wanted)
  • Loyalty points system is easy to understand and easy to redeem your points
CONS
  • Awkward shipping times
  • No select styles of wigs. Ex: if I found a wig in a certain style that I wanted, it would be hard to find that style again but just in a different colour
  • My pink wig, mostly, is a little bit on the shiny side. While completely fixable with a little baby powder, I would rather them be a little more matte.

I would really suggest ordering from them and see how they are for yourself, some people may not mind the shipping times but I'm impatient :P I will be ordering from them again in the future, and I suggest you give them a shot too!

EDIT: I just realised that in my forum avatar (the picture of me to the left) I am wearing my blonde MatchWigs wig! colour isn't very accurate as it was taken with my webcam and it washed the colour out of everything :P
bluemacaroons is offline   Reply With Quote