Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #226
Hyura
Wallflower

I got this question the most when I wore my pure white wig for Near cosplay ! It's strange to me because white is so unnatural, and of all my wigs I think that one looks the least believable on me. Alas many people ask and when I tell them it's a wig they say I should bleach out my hair because it really suits me ! Hahaha

••• | Next Event :: NDK NYE 2012 "Unmasked" event by D.C.C !

L O V E ♥ to cosplay themed parties, make food & prop, & bring favorite series to life !
Hyura is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #227
TenTigerLilies
Phuriously Khorrupt Lily

Maybe my story is a bit backwards...?

When I was dressed as Ryoga at the last con, I had a guy ask me where I got my wig from, because it was "so fantastic and realistic." So then I told him it was my real hair, teased up and sprayed, and he was like "...it can't be!"
*Ryoga Hibiki - Ranma 1/2
*Soul Eater Evans - Soul Eater
*Antonio Salieri - Mozart L'Opera Rock
*Rapunzel - Tangled

~Upcoming costumes:
*Miss Martian - Young Justice - 70%
*Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece - 60%
*Kotetsu T. Kaburagi - Tiger & Bunny - 40%
*Ryuk - Death Note - 30%
*Toph Bei Fong - Avatar: The Last Airbender - 5%
TenTigerLilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 03:48 AM   #228
Seismogenic

My Halloween costume this year was an original character of mine who has short dark green hair. Everyone I talked to at the party I went to tonight (and the one I went to last Saturday) asked me if I'd dyed my hair. Every. Single. Person!

True, this character's hair is a similar length and style to mine, so that might've led people to think that I might've just colored my hair. I wonder, if the style had been more wacky, if people wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion.
Seismogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #229
Xohmg

I get "is that your real hair" a lot with my blue ikuto wig. Then when I use my real hair for cosplay people can't believe that its not a wig. XD
Xohmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #230
HerrLudwig
Yotsubato!

I cosplayed at school as America from Hetalia who has blond, short hair. My hair is black, curly. I went to school the next day and like 5 people asked me if the wig was my hair. No.
HerrLudwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #231
Saki_Watari

Most recently... My $1 wig! Not even kidding. I paid one dollar for this wig on ebay and ended up getting free shipping for some reason. I've had it for ages but never worn it out.

It's jet black and it fits my head like a glove even with my long thick hair piled under it. <3 I've recently lost about 30 lbs so I decided to see what I'd look like with short hair now that I don't have a double chin... I put the wig on and walked to grandma's house! My cousin and his best friend Nate (who are anime nerds) both started spazzing out. They thought it was my real hair. Nate eventually said "You look like that one lesbian from that band that sings all the foreign songs!" After finding out he meant Yulia from t.A.T.u, I took that as a complement. I had everyone in my family convinced that it was my real hair. It wasn't until I put the wig on my uncle's head that they believed it wasn't mine.
Saki_Watari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #232
kay_chan87

Sometime I go out with some wig on, because I got sick of my real hair that are brown wavy waist-length, my roommate tells me that I am very chameleon when it comes to hair (as he has view me in several colors) and I actually had someone ask me if a certain wig I was wearing were my hair.
A week ago I went to buy some manga in my usual comics shop and a girl who had found there to buy something asked me if I used the iron for hair to get those curls, I replied that I had bought like that, whereupon she stares at me dazed for a few seconds and adds that she thought that they were my hair. That day I wore this wig http://borislostregatto.altervista.o...08241185_n.jpg without the ears.
The next day I went to the grocery store wearing a fuchsia wig with two small pigtails (with a plush of Nyanpire) and some springs with a little lila bow. http://borislostregatto.altervista.o...92568936_n.jpg
While the cashier was passed the stuff on the tape she looked at me and asked why that color of hair, I just said "it's a wig" paying the bill and while I was going out she said that I was really good in that color. I laughed all the way home from the store.
kay_chan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #233
Miss Tomyo
Tomyo

Last year my friend kept bothering me that I should get my haircut like Ramona Flowers because I had the top part of my hair dyed. I got fed up and told him that I had a hair appointment soon and that I would. The next day I came in wearing my short black wig. Most of my school thought I had suddenly dyed my hair and cut it short, including my friend. He was so pissed the next day when I came in with my normal hair and was spiteful for the next two weeks.

On a related story, I wore the same wig to a meetup a few weeks ago. Not only were the people I was talking to surprised to see my orange hair but to see that I was a girl. I felt awesome that day.
Miss Tomyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #234
Julesie

My Canada wig often is mistaken as my real hair. Funny thing is, I have a really well made curl that sticks out and ALL the time I have random people, from the streets, conventions, friends, who ask me if its my real hair.
Even a guard came over to me once, asking if it was real and how I got my hair to do that. It amuses me but at the same time I don't know how people can think its real.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #235
Noellisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesie View Post
My Canada wig often is mistaken as my real hair. Funny thing is, I have a really well made curl that sticks out and ALL the time I have random people, from the streets, conventions, friends, who ask me if its my real hair.
Even a guard came over to me once, asking if it was real and how I got my hair to do that. It amuses me but at the same time I don't know how people can think its real.
Haha, the same thing happens to me when I wear my America wig. Since mine is more natural looking compared to lots of others, most people think it's my real hair, even with Nantucket sticking out like a sore thumb.

My hair in real life looks just like my America wig, so when I pinned it all on and showed my dad, he was like, "Wow, did you just cut your hair?" *And he only saw me without my wig a few minutes ago. I told him that I did, just to tease him, and at the end of the day, I was walking around with my real hair down. He didn't know what to say

Elf!Iceland: 10% done
Hetalia Chicago Winter Meetup 2012
Fai D. Flowright (Re-vamp): 40% done
Uchi-Con 2013
Nightcrawler: 60% done
C2E2 2013
Kim Possible (So the Drama battlesuit): Planning
Chicago Comic-con 2013
Yoko: 15% done
Undecided
Zhalia Moon: Planning
Undecided
Noellisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #236
CautiousAmber

I have a really nice blond wig that I like wearing around some days just because, and people ALWAYS ask me--in a very concerned way--why I bleached my hair. (since I normally have very dark hair and they're concerned about it being damaged.)
- Pearl (Steven Universe)
- Fluttershy

2014 Events: Kawa Kon, Nakakon, Anime Central, Cosplacon,ACE, Motaku, Nebraskon

tumblr / deviantart
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #237
ranerdis
Aztec Filmmaker

On my way to leakycon, I got a flat tire. My friend and I were going as Lupin and Tonks and we quickly decided that pink hair was a lot less alarming than giants scars on a face, so I was the one who had to go for help. When I got to a gas station, they thought I was a biker (because leather jacket + bubblegum hair? idk). While I waited for them to find a tire jack to lend me, the woman at the register asked me what other colors my hair had been. I was so surprised by the question (keep in mind, this is an old Marilyn Monroe wig that I dyed with food coloring) that I just told her the colors of some other wigs I own and went on my way.

Actually, with the same wig and a pair of aviators, someone else thought I was a celebrity and asked to take a picture with me to prove to their husband that they'd met someone famous. I don't even know who on earth they might have thought I was but once I explained that I wasn't famous, just weird, she convinced me to go along with it and even to say hi to her husband. It was.... confusing.
ranerdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #238
CarrotEater

Someone asked me if I'd dyed my hair blonde for the day a while back. I was really confused till I realised he was talking about the pictures of my Chii cosplay on facebook. He didn't even notice the 4 extra feet on my hair.
CarrotEater is offline   Reply With Quote