Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #46
fabrickind

I had a really fake-looking wig on once (it was for Sae Kurosawa from Fatal Frame II) and this drunk girl in the elevator thought it was real, haha.
fabrickind is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2010, 07:26 AM   #47
ChibiBear

I wore my Haruhi wig to school once and virtually everyone came up to me and complemented my new hair cut/colour. I waited until the end of the day to tell them that it was a wig XD

Beach Meet December 2011
Nagasarete Airantou - Suzu - 5%

Togainu no Chi Photoshoot
Togainu no Chi - Rin - 95%

Higurashi Photoshoot January 2011
Higurashi - Ryuugu Rena - 10%

Supanova(?) 2012 2012
Puella Magi Madoka Magika - Mami - 20%
ChibiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #48
maniac-cat
Tell her about the waffle

I once wore my Haruno Sakura wig while walking around Dallas and had a few people come up to see if it was real or not. A really REALLY drunk guy came up behind me and smelled the back of my head... Then there was an old man I passed, who without warning, pulled it off of my head. And then lastly, there was the young couple who got in my face and asked if my mother let me do this to myself.
Oh, Dallas, Texas...
maniac-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #49
Elegant Balance

Okay, I bought two wigs at Metrocon, both of which are from epiccosplay.com and are amazing wigs. One is long and silver, one is short and black. Both times, I got stopped several times and asked if they were my real hair and how I got the curls in the silver one to stay and keep it down so perfectly. I quickly explained I had just bought them in the dealers room and that they were for cosplay. Two people didn't believe me. '>.>
Unread 07-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #50
CasandraKiske

I had people asking at AnimeNEXT this year. I was cosplaying as Larxene from Kingdom Hearts, and she has these antennae bangs that go backwards, with the rest of her hair looking slicked back. I had two or three people ask if it was my real hair, and how I got the "antennae" to stay up. I felt very accomplished that people were thinking it looked real enough to be my own hair.
CasandraKiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #51
infinitydragon
high caffeene content

I was wearing my Tsuruya costume with the green wig on at a small uni event and got asked if it was my real hair.
When I told them no, they said "it would be crazy if your hair was really that long".
I took it off showing my half-inch-shoter-than-the-wig long hair while saying "yes, it would be".
Utsuho Reiuzi (Touhou Project)

Cons:
London Expo May 2010
J-Culture Con 2010

infinitydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #52
Yukikittie

I wore my Teto wig to school, and tons of people thought it was real. xD
Unread 08-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #53
princessnavi848

I wore my Linebeck cosplay to school and everyone wanted to know how my hair turned into that. Funny thing is, the quality of the wig was horrible at the time XDD

In progress, or being redone:
Gankutsuou, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
princessnavi848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #54
Braithcakes
Doggie Ninja!

don't have pics of the wig up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

but its that one, which I just got in the mail yesterday, and I trimmed it up a bit and was wearing it while slightly styling it, and my best friend came over, knew it was a wig, and I went backt o her house, her mom walked out of the kitchen, looked at me, and was like "young man, what on earth possessed you to turn your hair that bloody red color" and when she got closer she was like "oh my that's nice, where did you go to get this done"

o,o it'd be funnier if you actually knew the mother in question and her voice.

I didn't tell her it was a wig, I'm gonna mess with her head by going back with my blonde/brown hair again tomorrow xD(I have the same hairstyle, just longer in the back
NYCC 2015

Planned cosplays: Wiccan- young avengers
Klarion Bleak the Witch Boy
Braithcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #55
lyraparry11

for some reason, normal, not cosplayer people in my day to day life (ie: classmates and teachers) seem to think my natural hair is a wig. it's almost elbow length (gah trying to grow it...) and perfectly straight, with no layers anymore, and my bangs are straight across with some chin length pieces in the front (it's hard to describe). I've never even dyed it, it's my natural dark brown. people just tend to ask "is that your real hair?". apparently most people think I'm "supposed" to have light brownish not-so-straight hair that isn't quite so long. I don't get it but it's kinda fun in a way. I love my hair the way it is, and I wish it would just grow another...eight or so inches
Anime Boston attendee since 2009
lyraparry11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 12:48 AM   #56
RiniSmallLady

My story probably isn't that funny...but here goes none the less. I was at Katsucon back in 2009 and I was cosplaying as Sailor Mars. Well...I had grown my hair out but it didn't reach the length I wanted my hair to reach by the time of the convention so I had bought extensions.
Well, here I am, sitting in the line to enter the masquerade, and I was becoming increasingly annoyed by the extensions. Well the people around me were complimenting my costume, saying I was a great Sailor Mars..Blah blah blah. Well...I'm assuming that the people I was talking to assumed that the extensions were part of my hair. So, I reached around and took out the extensions...And some lady went: O_O WHOAH! Sailor Mars got a haircut!
Me: **blinks** Yeah...xD
RiniSmallLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 01:48 AM   #57
Reutan

I wore Yosuke (my avatar) to Katsucon 10, and I swear at least 5 people asked me if it was my actual hair. A roommate's girlfriend was like "Is that your real hair?" and I said something along the lines of "Nah, it's a wig." "Aww...if it were, I'd probably have to take you home." XD
11 - Katsucon
Reutan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #58
Ammy-chan

I usually buy wigs from companies that make wigs not used for cosplay (worded awkwardly X-D). People even think my platinum blonde Misa wig is real, which I at first found to be hilarious.
Ammy-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #59
AliceinIvory
Alice Addison

My friend was playing Near from Death Note, so of course she had the unrealistically white hair ... and she's only about 16. But when she took it off when we were eating lunch with the DN group we met, she showed her actual brunette hair. And the guy playing Matt freaked out ... as if he actually expected a 16 year old girl to have short, white hair :'D
Unread 08-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #60
.Snackoo'd.

As my first cosplay, I'm going to be Tai, from Digimon, and when people (hopefully) ask "Is that your real hair?", I'll be able to stand proud and answer:
Yes... Yes it is! :']
.Snackoo'd. is offline   Reply With Quote