Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #61
Sisshi
Sexy Leg Woman

My friend had the reverse happen. She styled her hair for Roxas and it looked really really good and people kept complementing her wig styling.
Animarathon: White Mage (Final Fantasy)
GarasuNoShiCon: Aranea (Homestuck)

My binding results with the Underworks compression shirt, Check it out ^^
Sisshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #62
sukimba
Pokemon Master

SDCC09 one of my costumes included a very choppy bright blue and black streaked wig. As I walked past all the people on the street handing out free stuff, a woman came up to me and gave me a free shirt with the "Splat!" hair dye logo on it, saying that my hair looked great, and was better than all the people wearing wigs to the con. I was too afraid to say it was a wig 'cause I wanted the shirt. LOL
sukimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #63
itsuki<3pudding
has A GUN IN MY HEART!!!

My Izaya wig gets mistaken for my real hair all the time. XD
Unread 08-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #64
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Reverse story, actually.
My hair was black and shoulder-length when I decided to do my Edward Scissorhands cosplay (which will be redone!) so I just styled it into an Edward-y look.
Everyone thought it was a wig.

One woman gasped--actually gasped--when she realized, "Oh my god! That's your REAL hair!"

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #65
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

For my Komui Lee cosplay (d. gray-man) I had dyed my hair a blue/black colored since it was the right lenght and style for komui. everyone thought it was a wig even Micheal Tatum (Komui's eng dub). He tole me in the hall that he liked my wig and I told him it was my real hair. He told me I was an awesome Komui cosplayer and to use my real hair was brave. Then he took a picture with me and agve me a hug.
^///^ I was like I'm being touched my Micheal Tatum. heehee
I don't like Eng Dubs very much, but I love Micheal Tatum.

Another time I had cut and Dyed my hair for my Lavi cosplay ( d.gray-man). So it was a redish orange color. Someone said they liked my wig and I broke the news to them that it was my real hair and they asked to touch it. I let them and they were amazed because it was soft and smooth even though it was styled. They asked me again if I was joking and pulled on my hair to prove that it was real.

Most recently my hair was greenish blue (yes I like dying my hair werid colors). For work I had gone to the post office to pick up0 the office's mail. An older man stopped and held the door for me and when I got inside he looked at me and asked if there was a reason my hair was blue. Me being a wise ass told him it had always been that way and he for some reason believed me or was just playing along with me. Regardless it was funny. XD

2014 Convention Schedule-
ConnectiCon -Hartford CT July 11-13
Another Anime Con - Manchester NH October 17-19

~Cosplay 2014 Progress~
Sinon (SAO:GGO) 30% done (Prop Hecate II and Wig finished)
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #66
Zeerogue

My first time ever cosplaying or dressing up for Halloween was for Halloween day my junior year in high school. I was loveless and had a straight short black wig on. My normal hair is wavy, long, and a dark brown almsot black. Classmates asked if it was my real hair and some of my friends said I looked good with it short (I have short hair now). But the funniest was probably my pricipal seeing me and saying something about cutting my bangs cause they were in my eyes when running errands for a teacher with another girl. I actually know the principals, so I don't think he recognized me.
Zeerogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #67
shortyinabox

I've worn wigs out in public a few times. Once I was in between black to platinum blonde bleaching... so I had that ugly orange/peach colour, so I covered it with a wig and everyone was asking me how I got my hair to grow so fast and how I got it to be so healthy-looking, lol. I showed them the side where a bit of orange was peeking out and told them it was a wig. They were thoroughly impressed. That was my favourite because the orangey colour did not poke through at all even though my wig cap wasn't really able to hide the orange tone.

Another time was that I wore an "Ugly Betty" style wig to a bar and got hit on all night simply because of the hair. It even felt like real hair so it made sense to me that strangers would think it was real.
shortyinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #68
Rejected-Spork
Bad Wolf

Every time I wear my Roxas wig, I always get asked if it's my real hair. It makes me very happy. <3

Next Con; Megacon 2012
Cosplays in Progress; Millia Rage from Guilty Gear - 50%
Harley Quinn from Batman: Arkham Asylum - 10%

Check out Mustache'd Meddlers Cosplay on Facebook! LIKE US! c:
Rejected-Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 04:50 AM   #69
Miasan

The only time I had people asking me (twice!) if it was my real hair, was when I wore this wig: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2530430/, probably one of the most unnatural hairstyles I have lying around.
Miasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 12:26 AM   #70
SuperSushi
Legendary Outlaw

Everytime I wear my Honey wig everyone seems to think it's my real hair. XD
SuperSushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #71
Hanayuki-chan

I once went to the mall with my BRIGHT BLUE Miku Hatsune wig on, and a guy who was selling something asked me if it was my real hair. I unclipped one of my ponytails to show him it was a wig. Haha.
Hanayuki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #72
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

XDDDDD My friend who was at AX this year, ACTUALLY dyed her hair red and styled it for Spirit from Soul Eater. I SERIOUSLY thought it was her real hair so when she told me that it wasn't, I had this shocked look on my face for a bit. XD

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #73
edenmon
non-playable character.

For my FB friends who don't know about my cosplay hobby, everytime I take a pic with a new wig I get the "OMG YOUR HAIR" reaction. My Fran + Chrome wigs apparently suit me very well. xD

For a lot of cosplays I do actually use my real hair... but then people think it's a wig. xD

Especially my Yukiko cosplay at AX. I had to tug on my hair to prove to people that it wasn't a wig. xD Then again, it did kind of look like a wig. Most likely because of the way I styled my bangs to look short, and they were basically "perfected" with hairspray.

Current Cosplays!:
Yukiko Amagi / Franziska von Karma / Maria

Next Cosplays:
Hitagi Senjougahara / Princess Yukiko

Add me!
::DeviantArt // Facebook::

Forum avatar by Bagel-Desu.
edenmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #74
octopus-head
I'M IN DESPAIR!

I haven't had any unnatural hair styles or colors mistaken for my real hair, but I have been asked if my wig for my Japan cosplay was my real hair. Quite flattering, because it was previously shoulder lengthed and I had cut it to that short style 8D

Another time, I completely shocked this group when I put my wig on a table with one group, because my Romano wig was the same style as my real hair (My real hair is a bit darker; I was wearing the wig because it was much easier to put the ahoge in the wig than style it with my real hair)

I was with another group, and I don't think people believed our Japan and Taiwan were really using their real hair, because our Japan's hair was PERFECT and our Taiwan's hair was really to her waist XD I didn't even believe out Japan at first, lol
Kagamine Len [Imitation Black] (Vocaloid)
Boy [Just Be Friends] (Vocaloid)
octopus-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #75
takutosuki

I cosplayed Bardo from Lamento, and people asked me if I was a man and if it was my real beard X'D
I had PAINTED it on!! X'D Come on!
takutosuki is offline   Reply With Quote