Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 07-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
leahhime
leahhime

Just seeing if anyone will be dressing up from Avatar this year. There is a small group of us wearing costumes on Saturday afternoon/evening and I was curious if there were other people cosplaying from this series. We have a Zuko, Azula, Suki, Sokka, and Mai. I would definitely love to meet up with other people for some fun photos.
leahhime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

I'll be in Zuko as well with at least a Mai, not sure about the rest of our group yet.
Clive-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Nin-Kitty
Trickster

I'm Clive-Kuns Mai ^_^
Nin-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:30 AM   #4
Lyndarsia
Soundwave acknowledges..

I am actually dressing up as Katara. First time ever. Lol, I am pale as hades...and not skinny. But, yeah, Katara!
Unread 07-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Wish I had more time and money for this. Not this year. However, I do hope to have something done before the release of Avatar: Legend of Korra starts. Look forward to seeing you all at Dragon Con this year
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
Richness
More costume than cosplay

Given my shaved head, I've always wanted to do a generic air bender. However, my weight makes General Iroh more appropriate. There just isn't a tornado strong enough to lift me. I'll *try* to get one costume or the other finished before this year's DC, but no promises. At the very least, I wanted to follow along and take pictures.
Richness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
leahhime
leahhime

Wonderful! I would love to set up a time and place to meet for some pictures! I have two people that will be taking pictures of us but more photographers the better We could meet up early like 3pm but our Azula will be judging the cosplay contest at that time. Ideally 5:30pm or 6pm would be better. Please let me know your thoughts.
Unread 07-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
Richness
More costume than cosplay

Sorry, but I barely take decent photos with my point and shoot Kodak. My apologies if you had your hopes up for a professional photographer. Saturday afternoon/evening (like your 6 PM suggestion) should work, since Saturday is the busiest day for me. I'm committing to both Guinness record attempts, and want to drop by the Marvel photoshoot at 4:30 to photograph all the superheros. There's a possibility that the Disney and 80's Flashback groups might meet for their second photoshoot, but I can catch them on Friday during their first photoshoot. Therefore, plan when is best for your group.
Richness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
Charles RB

I'm working on a Sokka costume, and a friend is planning an Azula.
Charles RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
Lyndarsia
Soundwave acknowledges..

I will go ahead and plan to be in the Katara costume at 3 pm. I'll probably wear it Friday too, as well as Sunday. We might need numbers to get together. And, where would we get together at? Yadda yadda yadda.
Unread 08-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #11
orca_sora
Ketchup Kosplay Member

There's actually a large group of A:TLAB cosplayers marching in the parade via an organized group. More are welcomed to join, though from there I don't think a formal meet has been planned. I'll be there again and marching as Katara. We also have Zuko, Suki, and Toph. We may have an Azula, too. Link for the parade march group: http://community.livejournal.com/airbenderparade/

Last year, we had a photoshoot/meet immediately following the parade in the Marriot. Since a large group of us will be in costume already, I'm sure meeting at noon on the 10th floor would be ok.

2010 Conventions
MegaCon -- TBD
AFO 11 -- 8/6-8/8
Dragon*Con -- 9/3-9/6
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party -- TBD

2011 Costumes
Alice -- Pandora Hearts
Kiki -- Kiki's Delivery Service
Sakura (Pink Flower) -- Cardcaptor Sakura
orca_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #12
leahhime
leahhime

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca_sora View Post
There's actually a large group of A:TLAB cosplayers marching in the parade via an organized group. More are welcomed to join, though from there I don't think a formal meet has been planned. I'll be there again and marching as Katara. We also have Zuko, Suki, and Toph. We may have an Azula, too. Link for the parade march group: http://community.livejournal.com/airbenderparade/

Last year, we had a photoshoot/meet immediately following the parade in the Marriot. Since a large group of us will be in costume already, I'm sure meeting at noon on the 10th floor would be ok.
Sadly I am marching in the parade but with the Disney group We plan to put the Avatar costumes on later in the day. By all means go ahead and do an awesome gathering after the parade!

My group will still plan to do a photoshoot with Avatar costumes at 6pm on Saturday. I talked to the photographer and he thinks we should meet at Suntrust building near the sign. I know Suntrust can be picky about large groups doing photoshoots on their property but I don't think we will be large enough to bother them. Besides we can always walk from there to other locations!
Unread 08-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #13
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

I'll actually only be wearing my Zuko on Monday because of my schedule. Too many costumes hahaha.
Clive-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
orca_sora
Ketchup Kosplay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahhime View Post
Sadly I am marching in the parade but with the Disney group We plan to put the Avatar costumes on later in the day. By all means go ahead and do an awesome gathering after the parade!

My group will still plan to do a photoshoot with Avatar costumes at 6pm on Saturday. I talked to the photographer and he thinks we should meet at Suntrust building near the sign. I know Suntrust can be picky about large groups doing photoshoots on their property but I don't think we will be large enough to bother them. Besides we can always walk from there to other locations!
No problem, just a shoutout to anyone who wishes to join since it's open to all

Be careful, though, with taking photos at Sun Trust. They require you to have permission prior to taking photos on their grounds, no matter how small your group. I did a shoot with 3 people there last year and if my photographer had not previously gotten written permission from them, we would've been booted out by the cankerous security guard who assailed us within 5 minutes of shooting there.

I suggest the stone arch across the street from there. No worry about needing permission and it's a beautiful piece of architecture. My favorite costume photos were taken there.

2010 Conventions
MegaCon -- TBD
AFO 11 -- 8/6-8/8
Dragon*Con -- 9/3-9/6
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party -- TBD

2011 Costumes
Alice -- Pandora Hearts
Kiki -- Kiki's Delivery Service
Sakura (Pink Flower) -- Cardcaptor Sakura

Last edited by orca_sora : 08-04-2010 at 03:29 PM.
orca_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
Yoko Mizuhara

I'll be cosplaying Azula's season 3 armor and marching in the parade with the Avatar group. I'd love to meet up with any other Avatar cosplayers though!
Yoko Mizuhara is offline   Reply With Quote