Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 10-15-2002, 04:17 PM   #1
Tempest_Rydia

Exclamation Edgar Figaro

Hey folks, I'm a bit new, and thus this is my first thread.

But you probably already knew that since you've never seen me post before...heh.

Anyway, here's the question I place before you. For Halloween, and also for future Cons, I intend on cosplaying Edgar Figaro from Final Fantasy 6. Now, here's the problem with this. I can't seem to find a good reference picture for which I base the costume off of.

I know the super-deformed picture is a fairly decent one, but I'm more or less looking for something to show me what his costume looks like in the CG sequences of the remake that came out on the PSOne.

Also, if anybody knows of a website where I can find somebody that's already cosplayed Edgar before so I could get some ideas, that would be great. So far, I've been quite unsucessful with finding one, as it seems that nobody ever cosplays as him.

Anywho, thanks for the help.

Tempest
Tempest_Rydia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2002, 06:09 PM   #2
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

It's an FFVI thread. I gotta post :P.

The problem with the CG sequences is that he was only show from the waist up, as far as I can remember. You might want to use an Amano drawing -- since Edgar isn't drawn *too* fancy in his stuff.

There's an Edgar shrine at http://www.venusgospel.net/edgar , maybe that site can help ^_^.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2002, 06:11 PM   #3
Tempest_Rydia

Rock on! Thanks for the website, hopefully it'll help me in my quest to make muh Edgar costume.

Muaha.
Unread 10-15-2002, 07:36 PM   #4
Lord Masamune
Living the Geek lifestyle

Yeah, there's plenty of Yoshitaka Amano artwork for Edgar (which is what the CG scenes are based on), not to mention the original FF3 snes manual contained a good Amano pic of Edgar. If you need to, I suggest looking up 'Final Fantasy 6' 'Edgar' 'Amano' and 'Artwork' on a search engine... or something along those lines. ^_^
Lord Masamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2002, 07:39 PM   #5
Sami
» star*stealing girl

An Edgar cosplay!!! How awesome! FFVI was BY FAR my favorite of the Final Fantasy series, and I'm glad to see more people are cosplaying it.. ^^ Make sure to show us plenty of pictures when you're done, and good luck!

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2002, 10:17 PM   #6
Celine
Remember me?

Edgar is one of the only FF6 characters I haven't seen cosplayed, sadly... he's my favorite, though!! I hope that you find a good pic for the design and I can't wait to see your costume. ^_^ Good luck!
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2002, 01:28 AM   #7
Phavorianne
mutant Favonius

People have cosplayed Edgar. I think most of the western ones are somewhat ghetto, probably because of lack of reference other than amano artwork. There must be some Japanese Edgars, but I think looking for the Edgar cosplayers is a waste of effort ^^;; If you want any ideas/suggestions on the costume, you can always post questions here ^__^ Yay Edgar!!
Phavorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2002, 12:20 PM   #8
Tempest_Rydia

Thanks alot folks, and I probably will be posting much more as I progress with the costume, I've got this wierd pet peeve about perfecting my costumes, so if it turns out looking not so good in the end, I'll be sad. Heh.

Anywho, I'll be sure to post lots of pictures when the costume is done.

Thanks again!

Tempest