Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 05-22-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
GSnail7

7 weeks!

I have this Rover cosplay I made for ACEN:
(The big blue cat)
I planned to wear it to Anime Midwest, but I've realized that I will have to fix a lot of things about it. I could definitely remake it by that time (this one took four weeks), but I kind of think I would like to make a different costume, perhaps King Dedede. Do you think it would be too ambitious to start a whole new costume for a con in seven weeks? I would likely keep Rover and make small changes to the head to make it a little more comfortable.

EDIT: I was on my phone and posted the first part of this post with the intention of editing it right after, but I didn't expect to need approval.

Anyway, the other question is if I do a new costume, do you think I should make the same style of a bodysuit and head, or something more like this Pikachu:

with the round body shape. Do you think it would be less hot inside since it doesn't seem to be close to the body? (I would of course put in some fans.)

Last edited by GSnail7 : 05-22-2016 at 10:30 PM.
GSnail7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
StarsOfCassiopeia
Sparkle & Shine!

Bodysuits are time consuming, as you well know-- but if you did Rover in 4 and have similar amounts of time available, yeah, that's probably doable assuming the difficulty level is about the same. It'll probably take longer to do the Pikachu-style suit though, because you'll need to build a torso structure as well as a head, whereas if you just do a shirt/pants combo or more of a jumpsuit-y thing like you did for Rover, you won't have to do that.

As for the Pikachu-style suits being cooler, I'm not sure it makes a huge difference. Either way you look at it, the suit is going to trap air, and with your body inside the air will get warm.
  • Phi (Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma): 66% (Accessories) Ikebukuro Cosplay Event 2016
  • Ariel Sail Dress (Disney's Little Mermaid): 40% (Patterning) Summer 2016
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is online now   Reply With Quote