Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
DerylWingate
Deryl

The Avatar: The Last Airbender Video

Hello,

I'm creating an HD cosplaying video for the TV show the avatar the last air bender. I know thereís a movie but itís not like the show. So I am getting together people to create a video like the TV show with cosplayers that are the actors. If anyone that has a costume of one of the characters from the avatar the last air bender and located in the Texas DFW area or is coming to the DFW area and would like to participate. I am going to give out HD DVD's of all the work to people who participate. And if you need a clip for posting the video online I can compress the video as a video file of your choice.

So far I have a professional HD camera, studio lights, green screen, sound equipment and I do 3D special effects and have so far learned how to do earth bending and fire bender. I'm still working out water and air bending. I am also working on scenes for the North and South Pole which will be green screened. I also have a small video crew and we are planning on making this video great. My idea is to do book 1 first. I've mapped out the scenes with a storyboard that is exactly frame-by-frame like the TV show. All I need is people with costumes or can make costumes. My video may take a long while to create so I have planned on taking between now and March of next year to create the video. Only because finding people with costumes, has been difficult.

If your interested just let me know. My budget has already been spent on equipment so I can not provide money. But I will provide a DVD and a uploadable video file, so you can post your work / acting online.

You can Post a comment up or send me an email at: derylwingate@gmail.com

I'm also planning on putting up photos of the progress of the video once I having everything together, any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you for reading.
DerylWingate is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
DarkOnRising

You could always use people from different locations for minor parts because they don't have that many interactions.

Zuko...who cares about that scar! HE'S AS HAWT AT FUCK.

Iggy or Fang...hmm. Can I make it a threesome? xD
DarkOnRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
Narnian
Secret Ninja Princess

Dude! This is so epic!! Do you have all your casting done. I'm not a professional actor, but if I go to college in that area I would love to help!
Natsu (SCV)/Christa (AoT)/Tsubaki (SE)

~Con Plans~
Sakura-con 2014/Fanime 2014

Cosplay reference photos. Please do not hotlink.
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
Meredith

No offense, but from someone who's tried and failed to make an indie film with fans/friends, if you're looking for serious actors, your best bet is an official casting call with auditions and some benefit BESIDES just being in a film. Otherwise people loose interest and realize they have other things to do. Even those that love acting want some form of (preferibly) monetary benifit. Speaking from experance with a short film from a few years ago.
However, I live in the Dallas Area (Garland) and would love to help with either props or makeup, if my Senior finals-filled schedule allows for it.

Last edited by Meredith : 03-20-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
ubercaledor
That guy over there

Meredith: My experiences tell me that you speak from experience
ubercaledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
DerylWingate
Deryl

It has taken some time, but I have scenes 3d modeled, I have a small studio with a green screen backdrop. So I feel I am ready now, so If you in the area just send me an email at DerylWingate@gmail.com
DerylWingate is offline   Reply With Quote