Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #91
Akarin-chan
Ah-kah-reen chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m View Post
I think the hair style, black tank, and scarf are recognizable enough to where not being Asian isn't a big deal.
Don't forget her crazy ninja-sai blades.
[/size]
Akarin-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #92
recycledcans

I'm working on a Ramona outfit from the Volume 5 cover, and I am astounded how hard it is to find a cropped jean jacket and pink shorts that aren't ridiculously overpriced.
recycledcans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #93
Akarin-chan
Ah-kah-reen chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledcans View Post
I'm working on a Ramona outfit from the Volume 5 cover, and I am astounded how hard it is to find a cropped jean jacket and pink shorts that aren't ridiculously overpriced.
The best thing to do for the shorts is find a pattern, if your looking to save money, and hand-make them.
[/size]
Unread 03-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #94
PapouGirl
Evil Ex Waiting to Happen

Quote:
I found a jacket at Good Will. I'm doing a slightly different version, so I don't need pink shorts, but I have seen cheap pairs recently at places like Wet Seal and Forever 21. I hope that helps!
Unread 03-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #95
recycledcans

I ended up getting a little kid's jacket at target haha. it wasn't expensive and it looks pretty good.
recycledcans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #96
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Hey Pilgrim fans,

I made my Kim Pine costume more-or-less on a lark because it was a great way to use an otherwise horrible wig I had. I had a lot of fun with other SP cosplayers, and decided that Kim's Goth Loli costume is so cute, I should make it too (based on the comic). It turned out great (no full pics of that one up in my gallery yet though - I have a back log T_T)

My issue is that I've turned into a bit of a Kim fan-girl, and yesterday bought fabric for a third costume. I'm starting to think it would be a really good idea to bite the bullet and get a comic-coloured wig to wear. What do you think? Keep going with my current wig or get a red/auburn one?

Last edited by MaiSheri : 03-26-2011 at 01:30 PM.
MaiSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #97
JonathanEx

Quote:
I spent ages trying to find pink shorts - was a good find after ages searching, but now summer's hit and they're around quite a lot now in the UK - might be worth looking again as it gets warmer?
JonathanEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #98
r.fLowers
Sylph of Space

When I was searching for clothes for my two ramona cosplay's, i found pink shorts in the exercise clothes section in target... i guess from reading ur guys' posts i was pretty lucky finding them x3

If anyone is having problems with ramona's bag and/or doesn't want to pay a bunch of money to make/buy the bag, here's a link for a really easy way (and cheap! ) to make her bag... its just duct tape, posterboard, and some other stuff :3 good luck everyone!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mediali...th/4804971274/

Otakuthon 2011:
Day 1- Female Izaya
Day 2- Mion Sonozaki (school outfit)
Day 3- Ramona Flowers (book 4 outfit)

Last edited by r.fLowers : 05-05-2011 at 06:05 AM.
r.fLowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #99
gamekommander

Hey guys!

I decided now that it's summer, I finally have some time to think about cosplay! I am not very experienced with cosplay, but it's always something I've wanted to get into. I did manage to throw together a L for a con last year (didn't know I was going to go until about 2 days before).

For a con this year, my friend's group is going to do Scott Pilgrim and they need a Matthew Patel. I promised my friend I would be his Matthew Patel if he provided the Demonic Hipster Chicks XD. And so it was decided. My main concerns are being a very white American and having to potray an Indian. Any suggestions on this and any other helpful advice on the costume in general would be much appreciated. From what I can tell his costume is made up of; the striped shirt, the tan cargoy jacket (with patch), the grey cargoy pants and boots. Any other things I could do to "fancy up the costume" a little bit might be nice touches. Thank you very much in advance and i'm really excited for what should be a great con with friends!

Last edited by gamekommander : 05-17-2011 at 05:15 PM.
gamekommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #100
Akarin-chan
Ah-kah-reen chan

So far as that goes, try some foundation or cover-up with a tannish/asian look to it.

Also, you could probably find a red/white striped polo at goodwill or value village or something, and modify it as needed. Also a good place to look for the combat boots he wears.
[/size]
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #101
asnyder0426

I actually just started doing cosplay after a few years of wanting to try it. My first one was Scott from the end of book 6 when he earns the Star Shirt and the Power of Understanding. I made the sword out of a solid oak plank that I cut and sanding down. Then painted the blade and handle. I also made Gideons' pixel sword for my best friend to cosplay as. I made that out of just a piece of scrap wood then painted blue, white, and purple squares after the sanding. I'm trying to do a full tmnt costume as well.
asnyder0426 is offline   Reply With Quote