Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photo Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #91
nana-chan00
Believe In Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancyhivepro View Post
I would plove for you to help me at ALA youll notice me ill be the only imitation black len with a gakupo. Will you be coaplaying as Len Too? If so coolness^^ cant wait to meet you. Hey if you have a fb add me im ciel Trancyhive on it. Ohh if you need a room I have space Left ^^
Alright, I'll look for you ^^
Which day were you planning this cosplay?
I might end up doing Len, same version, if my Miku/Mikuo wig doesn't get here before then, or might do IB Kaito.
I look for you on FB!
Man I wish I could, my friend complicated our weekend by adding more people to the mix so we have to drive everyday now >.>
nana-chan00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #92
Trancyhivepro
Ciel Trancyhive

on saturday of the vocaloid gathering. oooh do either len or kaito then ill have a kaito and gakupo ^^. well you guys could stay with us in our room so u dont have to drive. itd 40.00 its at the marriot where the cons being held.
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #93
nana-chan00
Believe In Yourself

Quote:
on saturday of the vocaloid gathering. oooh do either len or kaito then ill have a kaito and gakupo ^^. well you guys could stay with us in our room so u dont have to drive. itd 40.00 its at the marriot where the cons being held.
Yikes saturday, thats my busiest day. Well I can try changing into IB for the gathering, hopefully. That would be swell but we have like a horde of people tagging along now -sigh-
It's soooo tempting
nana-chan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #94
-Luka-
STAY OUT OF MY SHED!

Quote:
I do have a gakupo and kaito buty kaito wont be cosplaying for vocaloid. But ill have my gakupo ....if her wig comes in time. @ Luka really? We should take pics then together ^^ if any of you lens have a fb im CielTrancyhive on it , my prof pic is Len hehe. I ll keep looking at pics and vids then. @ mikotochan are you goin to ala? If so you me and luka should take pics together itd be awesome ^^
yea we should take pics together that would be so awesome..i do have a FB i just added you
Kirin Armor-0%

Cons I've gone
Bak-anime 2011
AX'11
ALA'12
Bak-Anime'12
AX'12
Fanime'13
AX'13

Upcoming Cons
ALA

ALA
Mikasa
Asuka
White Mage
-Luka- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #95
RioJDN

You rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelsixtyseven View Post
Imitation Black seems to be more serious tone and darker atmosphere.

Reference images like:

or..

Just by a quick google search, it seems the best expression to suit this version of Len are nonchalant slightly sad faces. I'd say play with your hands and arms. Let them dangle in the air or on your face. For posing I generally don't like the cosplayer just straight ahead standing. So try fun things like sitting and leaning. Or if you are standing, stand sideways and tilt your head. Really posing is just having fun with the character. Just get a lot of reference photos and research your character so when it comes getting your photo taken your body will feel more natural doing that pose.
I admire you're effort to search for it. You have a good point there on your suggestion about the poses. I really think it will work perfectly especially the nonchalant slightly sad faces you mentioned.
RioJDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #96
RioJDN

You can try asking a friend to take stolen shots while you feel your character / costume. Someone taking your photos will help lessen your consciousness on your smile. It will help produce a more natural look on the pic.
RioJDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #97
Trancyhivepro
Ciel Trancyhive

Fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana-chan00 View Post
Yikes saturday, thats my busiest day. Well I can try changing into IB for the gathering, hopefully. That would be swell but we have like a horde of people tagging along now -sigh-
It's soooo tempting

You did? Whats ur name on fb?
Unread 01-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #98
Trancyhivepro
Ciel Trancyhive

Fb

Quote:
You did? Whats ur name on fb?
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Luka- View Post
yea we should take pics together that would be so awesome..i do have a FB i just added you

Wats ur fb name?
Unread 01-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #99
levelsixtyseven

Quote:
Thankyou sooo much for your advice I will take what I learned from you and use it. My cosplay is on its way so when it gets here I will practice with it on. Ive been reasearching this versions story as well as len but as soon as I get my cosplay ill post pics tho im waiting for my wig. Again thanks soo much for the advice ^^ <3
Glad I could help! Poses are tough. The best is to be really relax and have a good conversation with your photographer- so it doesn't feel like a shoot! I would love to see your photos. Len is awesome!
Unread 01-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #100
MikotoChanHeart

Help posing as Len?

Im going to a con in early and have NO IDEA how to pose.
At my last con i was Maka Albarn from Soul Eater and i no good poses what so ever :|I wantthis to be better. I mean,i'll have my Rin, who is good at cosplaying and has cosplayed for a few years now, but still. :|
Naka-Kon March 2014

Cosplays:Aqua- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 80%

Da:http://mikotochanheart.deviantart.com/
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Mikotochanheart
MikotoChanHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #101
Paper-Doodle
Pokemon Trainer

Since you have a Rin cosplayer with you. Look up images of the two together and try to mimic the poses they are doing (preferably the official pictures poses...fan poses could get....awkward. haha) Try to practice a little before a con in front of a mirror so you will see how it looks a little. Good Luck!

Such as:

http://images.wikia.com/vocaloid/ima...inLen-illu.png

~~~~
DeviantART: Paper-Doodle
YouTube: PaperDoodle
Paper-Doodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #102
kirbykirb
:P Puyooo

Aw that's adorable ^___^

it's quite simple really, the best way is practice and practice. A tripod w/ camera on a timer is the best way to mimic nice looking pictures.

But also don't forgot that being natural is good too ^^ rin/len share a platonic relationship so just be normal and let the photographers flock!
kirbykirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #103
Holierthanthou
Haku Strider

Posing as Prussia?

So, I'm cosplaying Prussia from Hetalia and I have NO clue how to pose as him. I'll be wearing his Gakuen Hetalia outfit and his Halloween outfit from two years ago. We'll be doing one photoshoot in a classroom, one photoshoot at a park, and one photoshoot in the mansion part of a local museum that no one ever goes to, and I'll have an Austria and a Hungary. As far as props, I'll have his pitchfork, Hungary will have her frying pan, and Austria will be propless. If anyone could give me some pose suggestions, I'd appreciate it! Also, pose ideas for cons and any reference photos would make me happy ��
Holierthanthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #104
xAbbiChanx

I can't help you suggestions-wise, sorry. I CAN however, bump this thread up :3

BUMP
Kagamine Rin- Vocaloid
Shiro- Deadman Wonderland

Oh, look, a deviantart account!
In/near the Southern Tier and want to be in a Vocaloid skit?

This smilie entertains me
xAbbiChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #105
XxChibiArtistxX
Megaweenie Extraordinaire

When I cosplayed Prussia (Halloween Prussia, to be exact) For pictures I'd pose in an 'I'm better than you' sort of way XD (I suck at explaining poses haha..) but really in a photoshoot, I find most poses come naturally, based on your surroundings/other people with you. Just try not to look too 'posed' and stuffy, or it'll look forced.

My best advice is to get in character a little before the shoot, and just rock it! Take some funny pictures first to get the hang of it, then onto more serious ones if you want Have fun with it, get creative, and your pictures will turn out great!
XxChibiArtistxX is offline   Reply With Quote