Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photo Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #106
belligerent
Viking Metal

Prussia has (or is convinced he has) five meters of awesome in his pants. Keep this in mind when posing at all times. You probably can't overdo it.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #107
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

Also a favorite is to do the hungary attacking prussia shot (so many different things could be done) you could also do the thing where guys shrug next to each other w austria
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #108
XxSora145xX
Also known as barcodecat

Poses/facial expression of a character without emotion? (Cis from Tiger and Bunny)

I'm going to cosplay Cis (she's an android, hence no emotion) and I need help for how to pose and what (if there's anything) I can do different facially. I'm going to have a Keith cosplayer with me, so at least there's someone I can sort of interact with. Ideas?
XxSora145xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #109
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Hmm...I don't recall her ever showing emotion so if you want to stay in-character then you don't have a lot of options there. She basically keeps a completely serious/straight face all the time. If you wanted you could try and convey some emotion while sticking to her unchanging expression, you could use camera angles and direction of your eyes to sort of skirt that (ex. keeping the straight face while looking up at Keith could look like curiosity, or something like that). I guess it just depends on what you want to do with the shoot. Do want it to seem kind of romantic, or what are you going for? To me it seems like your Keith will be the one that will have to do most of the posing since Cis just kind of reacts to everything all deadpanned. lol Sorry, not much help!
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #110
Entrekin
Bentpic5

Still behind on my list of to watch, so I haven't watched the show.
But just from "android, hence no emotion"
I would just go with a straight face. Closed mouth type and let the camera and the cosplayer eyes portray the emotion wanted.

Message me for Photoshoot scheduling and information for any con I am attending.
Upcoming 2014 Schedule: Katsucon - Momocon - Seishuncon - Dragon*Con - AWA
Entrekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #111
Mademoiselle
Resident Gravity Tester

My issue is that I'm extremely shy and it causes my smiles to look very forced. When I got back all of my senior pictures there were only two at the very end that had a genuine smile. Of course, it doesn't help that every photographer I've ever worked with gets annoyed because I'm difficult to work with. I can't help it! My shyness...it's debilitating. (//_ _)

After about an hour I get more comfortable with them but by that point the shoot's pretty much over. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could do to try and hide my nerves from my smile/expression?
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #112
Ashurachan
now behind the lens

If you can't smile naturally, don't force it. Concentrate on acting your character, and expressions should follow naturally.
I'd also recommend that you find a photographer you're comfortable with, and stick with him/her for your future photoshoots. Knowing each other does help a lot ! I like the challenge of having to work with someone I don't know, but my best shoots are generally with friends : the less time I spend figuring out how to communicate efficiently, the more I have for photography itself.
Ashurachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #113
AndiAndi-chan

It'll be so cool to see a Cis cosplay! But... yes, it is hard to portray characters that lack emotion. It was much the same with my Echo cosplay. All of it has to be in the eyes. You have a couple of options here: Be extremely true to character and look deadpan throughout the shots. I find that look best achieved when you look through something-- like when you're looking at someone but you start thinking about something else and your eyes blur? A bit like that. The other option is to show emotion in your eyes, and only your eyes which is a lot harder to pull off but is a lot more engaging. For example, for shots when you have Keith near you, think of really happy thoughts-open up your eyes! Try to capture that happy glint. If you have a couple of shots where you're alone, or a shot of Keith walking a way you'll want to look sadder, maybe even downcast your eyes. I wish you luck with whatever you do, but a little tip I suggest is smiling just a little bit otherwise you might looked stoned more than anything.

I hope this helps, although it's probably what you know already.
Makoto Nanaya - Blazblue: Continuum Shift
Mercedes - Odin Sphere
Heart Hunter Miku - Vocaloid

Deviantart: http://andiandi-chan.deviantart.com/
WorldCosplay: http://worldcosplay.net/member/Andi/
Cure ID: 212782
Tumblr: http://the-last-unicorn-cosplay.tumblr.com/

AndiAndi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #114
bcmilk

Posing with multiple props at convention?

I'm getting about three props with me - small ones.
I was wondering how I should go about posing with these. Should I use them for one shoot and then move on and use another for another or change props whilst posing for photos?

How would you do it? Any suggestions or advice will be great. Thanks
bcmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #115
firecloak

I would alternate between them
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #116
tereshkova2001

For casual hallway photos, I'd just trade off. Pose with one for the first few requests, then switch to another for the next several. Unless someone specifically asks for a certain prop, you don't want to make them take more photos than they want.
That's what I do for poses, anyway: some action, some cute, back to action, whatever I feel like.
tereshkova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #117
scarlettwolff

When I cosplayed Prussia I basically kept all my posing to being extremely smug. You mainly just need to look like you're the best and that you're just so freaking awesome. As well as you could try doing poses hitting on Hungary and the repercussions of that.
Unread 02-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #118
LightKanako

Cool Posing as Misaki from Maid-sama?

She's a really interesting character, and most cosplayers I've seen of her don't do a very good job with the poses, so it doesn't really look like 'her.' In my opinion, this makes or breaks the character and I want it to be perfect- or close to it haha! What are your guys's suggestions? :3
LightKanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #119
Entrekin
Bentpic5

Well it really depends on if you are using the pose for just around the con or if you are in an actual photoshoot of some sort.
Either way, I would suggest Google or searching the internet of fan art, snap shots ,screen captures of the anime and see what is common for poses or something she does often.
Since her character is a maid, just searching poses for maids would be a secondary suggestion and options.

As for you not liking the other cosplayers posing, what is wrong with them? Think of how you could take their pose and make it better. Sometimes that would be simple and easy for finding and creating poses.

Message me for Photoshoot scheduling and information for any con I am attending.
Upcoming 2014 Schedule: Katsucon - Momocon - Seishuncon - Dragon*Con - AWA
Entrekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #120
MairuxKurunee

She's a strong character, so she would probably be walking straight.
"Body language for a proud person" should be a good term to google.

I'm having trouble thinking of poses as well. (our characters are similar-~) Good luck >w<
-------------------------------------------------------------
Momo-Con ~ Makise Kurisu /stalled for time being/ = 38.97%
MairuxKurunee is offline   Reply With Quote