Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
AngelDragon
Kirinafa

Review: ramesese & Red_Shot

Warning:

Red_Shot (http://www.cosplay.com/member/66989) is a scammer! Also known as Cheap Shot Studios (http://www.cheapshotstudios.com/)

She has taken $150 from me, and i haven't heard from her in a week. I have been communicating with another buyer from her, and that person hasn't received her items even though her due date was almost a week ago. We both have not received any replies, even though it shows shes been online today. I have filed a claim on paypal, but i'm not sure if i'll ever get my money back. The other buyer cannot get her money back, and gladly, glady she had warned me.

Please do NOT buy from her. She will take your money so quick, and she looks so promising.
Her ebay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...= AllFeedback
shows negative feedback.

I did not know about any of this, until i searched her username on google not long ago.

I made the sad mistake of trusting someone that had no feedback here.

..... Does anyone, anyone know of a good seller that can make a dress before June?
AngelDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
griffti6

Exclamation ramesese & Red_Shot

i am not sure how to approach this situation but i want others to know and maybe they will finally get in contact with me after this BAD REVIEW.

so here is the story:

I have wanted to do a Dragoon form of Shana from The legend of Dragoon. Of course i knew this wasn't going to be cheap at all, so i put up an add in the commissions wanted sections of the market place (http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../22595/cat/19). i then began to get numerous PM's from people and ramesese and Red_Shot seemed to be the most cost effective and skilled for this costume. ramesese is/was to make the actual costume for me, which i have seen pictures of the torso being made back in late march/early april time and have e-mail of him getting the money orders i sent him for the costume which has been paid in full since april. Red_Shot is supposedly making the bow for the shana costume, i have paid half of the price for the bow and was said to have pictures on the weekend in the last pm i have from her which is dated march 30th. now the deadline on this costume was basically now (-.-) so i could sport it around at otakon which now i have heard nothing and have gotten NOTHING from either party. if people want more proof that these people are ignoring me and basically scammed and have stolen my money from me, i can take s/s's of the e-mails and payment from paypal. otherwise if either of these 2 have pm'd you for a commission, i URGE you PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THEM MAKE ANYTHING FOR YOU!

also, if you have had something made for you from either of these two, please PM and see if you can PM/IM/e-mail them and see if they will atleast give me some type of communication as to what is happening....i know people have a life outside of cosplay but to go months without one word? and being online and ignoring my PM's and e-mails?

thanks to whoever has read this and i hope i can atleast get something from this :|
~Griff
Unread 08-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Axelai
I'm Awesome

All i got was a really rude PM from Red Shot about my commission :'| Tried to overcharge me once, and then was rude to me after i called them on it, and now when i asked for someone else to make them, she was all "BLAH BLAH TOLD YOU SO PFFFFT" or something :\ Really rude...

EDIT: So they're probably trying to scam you, i hate to say :\ Because Red_Shot is in full capabilities to reply to you. She's been messaging me. Though she hasn't been the nicest in them.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!

Last edited by Axelai : 08-08-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

I almost commissioned from ramesese for my Miku boots. I actually forgot about it cause I tend to forget to send people my email or what have you to give me quotes when I have 5 billion people I messaged or that messaged me. I actually forgot to email them. But I'm glad I read this because I was seriously considering them to make my Miku boots.

If you paid through pay pal you should be able to open a dispute and get your money back because ebay covers your purchases and even s+h. Just a thought.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Sadly, PayPal only covers up to 45 days, I believe.

I was contemplating using ramesese too for several projects, and Red Shot messaged me as well. I sent them both messages letting them know that due to them being exposed as scammers on this site, I would not be using their services. I also advised them to work their issues out if they wanted to continue business on Cosplay.com b/c this thread is letting people know what business with them is really like.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
griffti6

well, im glad my message is getting across ...atleast my loss wont be also other peoples.
Unread 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I just think its so crazy how they can be rude to people. Like, seriously. When i didn't accept Red_Shot's commission, she responded with a super rude email basically telling me i was an idiot :'|

Unread 09-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
KitsuKyuu
Procrastinating Artist

Aww man, I wish I would have found ths post earlier, like back in June... I comissioned Red_Shot and gave her a ful payment because she said she'd get it done faster. I've gotten no updates, not pictures and no responses to the numerous e-mails I've sent. So she ran off with 250$ and I didn't have a cosplay for Otakon.
Go to BusterCleavland for cosplay comissions, he has realy good deals, especially if you tell him you had a bad run in with Red.
KitsuKyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
playmysitardemy
Hahahaha......wait, what?

Oh wow, I didn't know who this person was until I looked her up! She replied to my Rikku shirt ad. I'm now glad I didn't commission anyone for it, sucked it up and made it myself!
playmysitardemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
SourCherryTwist
Wannaflywindy

a long time ago, before I started making my own cosplays, I tried to commission red_shot...for a theif rikku. she charged me 480 dollars. HELL NO. I made it myself.

AC Tifa, Fairy rikku, Thief Rikku, Lenne
SourCherryTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #11
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
I just think its so crazy how they can be rude to people. Like, seriously. When i didn't accept Red_Shot's commission, she responded with a super rude email basically telling me i was an idiot :'|
Really? That's no way to treat a customer at all. She obviously took it way too personally that she wasn't getting money out of you and blatantly bitched you out for it. She should take rejections into consideration to up her commissioning and strive to be better, surely if she was a good one and actually had a positive attitude her customers would recommend commissioning her another time instead. But nope, she just had to be rude and lose a potential future customer.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #12
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
Really? That's no way to treat a customer at all. She obviously took it way too personally that she wasn't getting money out of you and blatantly bitched you out for it. She should take rejections into consideration to up her commissioning and strive to be better, surely if she was a good one and actually had a positive attitude her customers would recommend commissioning her another time instead. But nope, she just had to be rude and lose a potential future customer.
Yeah, it was really... shocking to me o___o; As someone who sells commissions... I'm NEVER rude to my customers. I always respond nicely, even if they're pissing me off. But she had said something along the lines of "Well have fun with a shittier prop" or something. i was like "...wait what?"

Unread 02-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #13
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Yeah, it was really... shocking to me o___o; As someone who sells commissions... I'm NEVER rude to my customers. I always respond nicely, even if they're pissing me off. But she had said something along the lines of "Well have fun with a shittier prop" or something. i was like "...wait what?"
Hm, but there are always better commissioners out there that ARE worth commissioning. Tbh, if I got a rude response like that I would have probably done it myself, unless it was extremely difficult then like you, go somewhere else.
I hope I don't ever have to commission such important parts of my costume from someone, I only commission small things. But I certainly know who I won't be commissioning from... Thanks for the warning y'all
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #14
AngelDragon
Kirinafa

Hey guys, if you would have looked in the "Costume Commissioners + Shops NOT to go to?" thread, i stated i was having problems with red_shot two months prior to this thread.

Red_shot did reply to me, stating she was in the hospital (yeah right..) gladly it was within time to get my money back from paypal, since she didn't give me my money back. Just a heads up, on her devientart (http://redshotronin.deviantart.com/) it sais she'll be opening a new shop soon.. so watch out.. shes probably going under a new name or if we are luckly she'll just post it there so we know.
AngelDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #15
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Ramesese contacted me again regarding a project...this is the third or fourth time now. The first time I was interested...but eventually this thread appeared and I linked him to it saying I chose not to use him due to him being exposed as a scammer. I've linked him AGAIN to here...I just said nothing this time and posted the link.

Why do the same scammers keep contacting me? It's annoying. This time it was for a Sailor Moon cosplay...and he was wanting to make a mold and all this stuff. Uh...this is the second time his services have NOTHING to do with my cosplay. It's ridiculous at this point.

Sorry, small rant, lol.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote