Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.86 average.
Unread 09-24-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
xTotallyLostx

Talking How to make cat/wolf ears?

Hello, Im new and Im just wondering if anyone has any idea how to make/ buy wolf/cat ears? Im going to an Anime picnic thing here Oct 25, and I wanna be a cat/wolf girl. Oohh and help with a tail would be 'preciated too?
xTotallyLostx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2003, 07:47 PM   #2
Fénicia
Professional Seamstress

I have some cat ears (and tails) that you can buy, just mail or PM to me for more info.
If you realy want to make them youself:
For each ear: cut 2 triangles out of furr or felt, on with a bigger base, that the one that comes infront.
Then sew the tops of the triangles, wrong side out, to eachother and turn right side out.
Make a fold in the middle of the base form the front triangle, so that it fitts the base of the back one. Sew together, with some thin feather boa in the fold (inside of you ear).
At last sew the triangles onto a headband an have lots of fun with it.
Unread 09-25-2003, 01:22 AM   #3
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Check out FaerieGrove.com

They make some really awesome stuff! And the featured cosplayer, Ms. Yaya Han, is one of their models. Very high quality stuff, and lovely too!

Anywhoo, they do have some really cute cat/dog ears. Try there.

If you don't want to buy any, I would use modeling clay, layered over an aluminum foil base. You could then attatch them to a headband. =)

Support your local Paladins and Vampire Slayers.

Team Awesome, Wolf Pack Elite, and Awesome Industries

Current Works in Progress:
Mathias Cronqvist: Castlevania, Lament of Innocence
???Richter Belmont: Castlevania, Harmony of Despair
???Smoke: Mortal Kombat 3

BayushiKachiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2003, 08:28 AM   #4
Lynx

I make my ears by cutting triangle-ish ear shapes out of foamy and then hot gluing fur to them. The fur piece for the outide should be larger than the piece for the inside as you will want the outside piece to fold over around to the front. Use longer pile fur for the insides of the ears. Once it's all glued, curve it a bit and sew into place. I haven't make ears by themselves but I imagine you could just then glue or sew them to a headband.

For a cat tail, you can take a piece of pipe insulation, wrap the fur around and mark it on the back side, and sew a fur sock to cover it. You can use steel wire or a coat hanger inside to curve the tail as you wish. It you want it a bit more floppy, you can just make a long fur sock and stuff it with polyfill. For a wolf tail, get some upholstery foam and cut it into an elongated diamond shape. Again, mark the fur and make a sock to go over it. You'll ahve to do a bit of hand stitching at the top. In either case, I attach the tail to a coat hanger that I've disassembled and reshaped into a "T" shape. I leave a bit of metal coming off the back of the T where the 2 lines meet. this metal goes into the center of the tail. You can make the tail detachable from the wire by using a small clip. If this is going to Attach nylon webbing or just some cord to either end of the top part of the T to make a belt.

This technique is what I use if the tail will be going through a hole in some sort of clothing. Otherwise, you can probably attach the belt with to the tail fur itself.
Unread 09-25-2003, 01:41 PM   #5
liz-maru
oOcosplay crazedOo

i get headbands that match the color of my hair/wig then i buy the material for the ears (fluffy stuff) ^_-! and then i put a piece of cardboard under the head band and trace the line of the headband (the curve) then i make the triangle shape with the curve so that the triangle will fit right on the head band! then cut out four pieces with the cutout from the cardboard then glue em together then glue em on the headband!! ^^ hehe sorry im not good at explainin!
liz-maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2003, 08:26 PM   #6
RainbowSheltie

Woooo!!! I like these Ideas! I was having a bit of a problem figuring out how to make Arctic Fox ears and tail.

Lady Vixen
RainbowSheltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2007, 02:00 AM   #7
Hikari_chan56
so wat bout dem mudkipz?1

How would you make dog-like ears that kind of bend over in the front?? ^_^;;
Hikari_chan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #8
AnimeSuperNova
Code XANA

Well I know how to bend the ears. But if you want, I can draw a pattern for you =3
AnimeSuperNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
butterflywings2

http://wolfden.critter.net/fursuits/constrctn/tail.htm if anyone comes here this site has ears and a tail this will take you to the tail
http://wolfden.critter.net/fursuits/constrctn/ears.htm and this is for the ears this is a the more advanced version
Unread 04-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
Hyuuga15

Lightbulb

ok what you do is this:

1. CUT out 2 medium sized triangles from any type of material(i used material for a scarf xD)

2. CUT AGAIN out 2 smaller triangles from same type of material

3. SEW the smaller triangles in front of the bigger ones. So each ear will have 2 triangles used (one medium one and one small one)

4. SEW AGAIN the ears onto a headband thats the same color of your hair or whoever-is-gonna-use-the-ears' hair color
Hyuuga15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
aliceinbox
starvin cosplayer T_T

cat ears XD
Unread 11-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
Darktangent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fénicia View Post
I have some cat ears (and tails) that you can buy, just mail or PM to me for more info.
If you realy want to make them youself:
For each ear: cut 2 triangles out of furr or felt, on with a bigger base, that the one that comes infront.
Then sew the tops of the triangles, wrong side out, to eachother and turn right side out.
Make a fold in the middle of the base form the front triangle, so that it fitts the base of the back one. Sew together, with some thin feather boa in the fold (inside of you ear).
At last sew the triangles onto a headband an have lots of fun with it.
Do you have any grey ears/tails (like rabbit fur color)? I might be interested in buying some.
Darktangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #13
Fénicia
Professional Seamstress

I always can make them, but as I live in Belgium, p&p will be quite expensive.
Unread 09-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
TaraAkahana-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari_chan56 View Post
How would you make dog-like ears that kind of bend over in the front?? ^_^;;
Well I would get some trick wire from Walmart or something and glue it to pieces of poster paper and stick it in your ears as a base so you can shape it as you want.
TaraAkahana-San is offline   Reply With Quote