Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Erasteena
Kyah~!

Any ideas on how to secure a laptop to a treadmill?

On the fitness forum I've seen some posts about how some people use their laptop while running. I was wondering if anyone knows how to keep the laptop on the treadmill without it falling off and breaking into a million pieces. x3 Many thanks. =3
(btw, it'd be nice if it isn't something that costs a lot. )

Last edited by Erasteena : 07-25-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Erasteena is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
Kasinator
Not quite human

http://lifehacker.com/5468557/build-...cise-equipment

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
jounink
Holla!

Call me crazy, but using a laptop while running doesn't sound 2 safe.
How slow would one have to go in order to use a laptop while running anyway? Seems counter intuitive...

Last edited by jounink : 07-27-2010 at 02:05 AM.
jounink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #4
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jounink View Post
Call me crazy, but using a laptop while running doesn't sound 2 safe.
How slow would one have to go in order to use a laptop while running anyway? Seem counter intuitive...
I don't think people are running, but more of walking for hours. 3mph walk shouldn't really be too bad and burns about 200 calories an hour. If your entertained while moving you don't notice it as much. Like imagine going to a theme park, you probably walk 5-10 miles without realizing it.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 02:09 AM   #5
jounink
Holla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantarray View Post
I don't think people are running, but more of walking for hours. 3mph walk shouldn't really be too bad and burns about 200 calories an hour. If your entertained while moving you don't notice it as much. Like imagine going to a theme park, you probably walk 5-10 miles without realizing it.
I understand that, but the OP said running not walking, biking (eliptical), etc. That's what caused my concern.
Unread 07-27-2010, 02:12 AM   #6
distantarray

Quote:
I understand that, but the OP said running not walking, biking (eliptical), etc. That's what caused my concern.
I dunno personally I think even if it's secure the shaking it should cause probably wouldn't be good long term for the laptop. Personally I'd just hook it upto a tv and use a wireless keyboard or mouse. can you imagine running and trying to use the touchpad? lol
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
Unread 07-27-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
jounink
Holla!

Quote:
I dunno personally I think even if it's secure the shaking it should cause probably wouldn't be good long term for the laptop. Personally I'd just hook it upto a tv and use a wireless keyboard or mouse. can you imagine running and trying to use the touchpad? lol
Lol, it'd take all day just to send a freakin' e-mail.
Unread 07-27-2010, 02:20 AM   #8
distantarray

Quote:
Lol, it'd take all day just to send a freakin' e-mail.
lol maybe all the frustration would piss you off and take it out on more running? might be a brilliant idea lol
Unread 07-27-2010, 02:43 AM   #9
jounink
Holla!

Quote:
lol maybe all the frustration would piss you off and take it out on more running? might be a brilliant idea lol
Haha, you may be right!
Unread 07-27-2010, 08:08 AM   #10
Kasinator
Not quite human

using an stationary bike would definitely be better in this case. In fact for those rich enough, they can use this. Expensive, yes, but thats why i showed the lifehacker link in the beginning. and finding an exercise bike on craigslist cant set you back nearly as much as this.

also found this today:
http://lifehacker.com/5596963/ikea-j...treadmill-desk
costs only $20 to make.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD

Last edited by Kasinator : 07-27-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #11
xmaster
Welcome!

Wouldn't it be easier to just, listen to music while using a treadmill? Call me bitchy, but isn't using a laptop counter-productive? I understand you want to be entertained, but doing a serious run on a treadmill for 30mins - 1 hour - 2 hours a day isn't that hard. Your laptop will always be there. I don't understand why you can't just "not use it". lol.

If it's a question of boredom, and that you want something to do while running, you always have your own mind and thoughts. Or if you're not the kind of person that likes thinking, you can use an mp3 player and listen to music while running. Or how about standing a TV nearby so you can use a remote?

I dunno, I just find it silly talking about "working out" while trying to do something like "using a laptop or watching tv" because really ... if you need to work out it's because you're not eating properly and spending to much time sitting down and not enough time being active. :/

Get off your laptop and go outside for a run in the park!

xx

(Lol, sorry if I sounded rude, I'm just weirded out that people want to workout while still doing these things)
xmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

The more entertained you are the longer you can do something. I'm the kind of person who CAN be entertained by their own thoughts (I'm never thinking about one thing for too long) so I wouldn't need something like that, but I can see how it can be an effective tool. And not just for people who want to be entertained, but I know a lot of people who work from home ON a laptop, which leaves little time to work out because you have to constantly be at the computer (and then kids come home and you have to take care of them, etc, etc.) So a lot of people who do work from home get on the bike or treadmill while they're doing the work. They get their cardio in and have plenty of time later to do resistance work.

The less you're thinking about the actual working part of 'working out' (and the less time you spend looking at the clock) the longer and better you can do it.

Completed:
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep)

In Progress:
Princess Katia- Lost Kingdoms/Rune (making the mock-ups)
DevTehFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #13
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaster View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just, listen to music while using a treadmill? Call me bitchy, but isn't using a laptop counter-productive? I understand you want to be entertained, but doing a serious run on a treadmill for 30mins - 1 hour - 2 hours a day isn't that hard. Your laptop will always be there. I don't understand why you can't just "not use it". lol.

If it's a question of boredom, and that you want something to do while running, you always have your own mind and thoughts. Or if you're not the kind of person that likes thinking, you can use an mp3 player and listen to music while running. Or how about standing a TV nearby so you can use a remote?

I dunno, I just find it silly talking about "working out" while trying to do something like "using a laptop or watching tv" because really ... if you need to work out it's because you're not eating properly and spending to much time sitting down and not enough time being active. :/

Get off your laptop and go outside for a run in the park!

xx

(Lol, sorry if I sounded rude, I'm just weirded out that people want to workout while still doing these things)

I'm pretty sure people don't really RUN on the treadmill with it mounted, but more like a 3mph walk for 3 hours instead of a fast run for 30minutes.
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #14
xmaster
Welcome!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure people don't really RUN on the treadmill with it mounted, but more like a 3mph walk for 3 hours instead of a fast run for 30minutes.
Hmm, but then why would you do that? Why not go out for an actual walk? And waste money on a treadmill and the electricity, or gym membership, if you're just going to walk. :/
xmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #15
distantarray

probably cause it's easier to lose track of time and people are addicted to things like cosplay.com and facebook and myspace. you can lose yourself in the internet more than you can lose yourself to nature. It's like when people go to theme parks, they're having fun and losing themselve and don't realize they probably walked 10 mile at disneyworld without realizing it.