Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 07-27-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
distantarray

Intensify your workout

"Research has also confirmed the benefits of exercising to upbeat music. In a study by Porcai and colleagues, presented at the annual meeting of the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, healthy volunteers listened to music of various tempos while they worked out on stationary bicycles. The researchers found that the cyclists' pedaling speed increased as the music tempo increased. Their heart rates and power outputs also varied"

http://www.runtheplanet.com/training...ng/cadence.asp

I'm sure a lot of people already do this, but I can vouch that I work a lot harder with good music, it helps me push a few more reps without really thinking about it.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
GHprime

yeah i believe that faster music motivates you to move faster. i listen to fast paced techno and pop when i exercise

While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and
instinctively swerved to avoid it…thanks Mario Kart.
GHprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

And yet my gym persist on playing 80's hair metal...

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Kasinator
Not quite human

better than playing beyonce's single ladies at mine. We literally formed a petition on that one. and as a result, we got classic rock. progress?

I suggested to them to try grooveshark and have walkins request their workout song. but they pay for XM radio or something they said.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
89th_Alice
still getting started

The gym I used to go to mostly played remixes of popular songs, so there was no lack in up-beat tempo ^^

of course I still prefered to listen to my own music XD <-- stubborn I suppose :/
89th_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

I find this true, I find the fastest, happiest, most sugary techno in my ipod. I like things I can use in tempo for walking.
I also find that inspirational songs help. If they're more average-tempo, the lyrics can either inspire me or knowing the singer has a great body, I tend to work harder when I hear it.

私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote