Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 06-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #1
Lady_Sephiroth
Lady of Avalon

Good Design Apps?

I'm looking for good costume design apps for my iPad (I have a stylus to draw with.) I teach Fashion and mentor the drama department's costume design kids, and I'm looking for new ways to let them (and me) play with design ideas and share them. Anyone know some good apps? I have Adobe Sketch, but I feel like there are more out there. App store search returns a zillion results and I'm thinking this is the place to ask about what's good and what's garbo.

Thanks much!!
Lady_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2017, 10:35 AM   #2
belligerent
Viking Metal

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...-drawing-apps/

this is a pretty up to date list, although i am not sure this IS honestly the best place to ask. I don't know that the people here do a whole lot of freeform costume design in general since most cosplayers are not doing original designs and many of them aren't 2D artists. i used to be a professional artist and i do a lot of sketching to work through construction problems but i use paper because i'm old. (and because i like paper and my phone is too small to bother drawing on.)

of the ones on that list, I've used the desktop version of artrage and it's pretty good and (important) has layers, which is good for costume design because you can put garments/looks on different layers and remove them, almost like paper dolls, to see what looks the best.

it is possible other people will have more helpful input than i do.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote