Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #8071
Mangochutney
probably a frackpants

Working on a proper, actual, traditionally-made 17th-century corset for that nice conical broad-shouldered silhouette. Loev the Victorian, loev the Edwardian, but I know what I got and I know what I like and it's zip-tie boning and shoulder straps forever, basically.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Your Mother [Debbie Does Dallas XXIII] (8%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #8072
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Erm, Fukawa's being saved now for a later date >< Instead working on two other Danganronpa cosplays for Sac. I've fallen into the life of hope and despair, woo xD

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #8073
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Christmas elf costume. I have one week to make a fun costume for Sunday's Breakfast with Santa. I'm doing face painting at the event. I've started with the hat.

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #8074
CeruleanThorn
Sailor Moon Trash

Trying to finish up my Sailor Neptune cosplay. I just need to cut and sew the collar, fix the zipper and add horsehair to the hem.

Future:
Miku Hatsune
Lime Shijou
Rin Kagamine
Asuna Yuuki
CeruleanThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2017, 09:16 PM   #8075
AlaizabelCray
Welcome to My World...

I'm trying to decide on a good wig to use for Mei from Overwatch. In the meantime I did order my glasses and they should be here soon. I also can't decide yet if I want to make the chopstick that goes in Mei's hair or just buy one off of Etsy.

https://www.facebook.com/AlaizabelCrayCosplay
AlaizabelCray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2018, 06:12 PM   #8076
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Doing the finishing touches on Hermione's sweater. I think I'll be able to get that done today. Then I just need to do some work on the skirt. I'm sure that we'll have our Harry Potter costumes ready for Ohayocon.

Update: I finished the sweater!!!!! Yay.

The Thing (1982)

Last edited by gypsy_girl : 01-04-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Unread 01-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #8077
Respawning

Finished Ciri's armbands last night (that is assuming I don't decide to tweak or redo them). Only 14 million pieces to go I'm 4 months out from my con, but I still feel like it's going to sneak up on me.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #8078
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Working on the chestpiece of my Sailor Mars costume.

Looks kind of OK now, but I forgot to add a seam allowance to the neckline or the cut into the underbust seam when I altered the pattern. So it will probably go weird when I sew the two copies together.

Also my collar appears to be pulling apart at the front because I didn't secure the seam properly and it popped when I flipped it right-side-out. Hopefully the bow hides that.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2018, 11:48 AM   #8079
Syon
leads the crusade

I'm generally working on Shyvanas armor, but today I'm cutting out pieces of insulation foam, that I'll need for Jainas staff.
Unread 01-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #8080
Hoshi26
Cosplay apprentice

Pretty much done with Riku Asakura! I attached the trim to the jacket with hem tape, so now I'm concerned that I will stick to things if I lean against them.
Hoshi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 08:23 AM   #8081
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Today I'm working on Abby from NCIS. I'm crocheting a skull to go on a T-shirt and adapting an old skirt of mine. I don't have a pattern for either of these and am just winging it. Fun times.

The Thing (1982)
Unread 01-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #8082
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

I started working on Merida's spring dress, and I'm gonna start making Kairi's school uniform soon.

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #8083
Elycium

I just started on identical Elizabethan (middle class, nothing super fancy) gowns for my twin and I from the skin out. For an event is 44 days. Whoops.

Planned 2018 New Cosplays: Percy de Rolo (Critical Role) / Inquisitor Lavellan (Dragon Age Inquisition) / Keith (Voltron Legendary Defender) / Mollymauk (Critical Role 2)
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #8084
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
I just started on identical Elizabethan (middle class, nothing super fancy) gowns for my twin and I from the skin out. For an event is 44 days. Whoops.
Is machine-sewing at least an option? :P

...I'm rushing an 1890's outfit myself, in time for Valentine's day. It's actually come along pretty quick so far- I only have a few more things before I'm ready for my next con (vending) so since I got back from Xmas, I've had a couple days each week to work on it. Added more floof to my petticoat, had my other undergarments already from my last outfit, just finished a walking skirt and cincher belt, half done a shirtwaist. Still have to make a hat/bonnet, jabot, gloves and an eton jacket, though. And at some point for when I can shed my full-on winter coat, a capelet.
And I have medieval garb for me and the boyfriend, but that's got no hard deadline, since I'm not joining the SCA until I'm actually done (which actually isn't coming along bad... I just have to make my headgear and finish embroidering my surcote, and he needs his cote-hardie, also with embroidery, and voila. And then find a place to buy the footwear).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2018, 05:24 AM   #8085
Elycium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Is machine-sewing at least an option? :P
oh heck yeah. I wouldn't have tackled 2 if hand sewing was my only option XD. I'm not that hardcore of a SCAdian, or trying for a laurel or anything. we just have a running joke of dressing the same and we want to keep the gag running lol.

Planned 2018 New Cosplays: Percy de Rolo (Critical Role) / Inquisitor Lavellan (Dragon Age Inquisition) / Keith (Voltron Legendary Defender) / Mollymauk (Critical Role 2)
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote