Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #166
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Got my $20 socks today! haha They are quite nice, too. Totally not worth $20, but still great! I can't wait to go home this weekend and make more progress on Fionna- I didn't go home this past weekend, so I'm in a bit of a withdrawal. haha

Unread 10-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #167
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Here is today's progress!

All I have left is to stitch up the opening in the bottom where I stuffed it. :3 I must say I am quite proud of this! It took a lot of work and my fingers are killing me from having to hand-stitch the straps on, but it was worth it! It even has a zipper under the flap. Yay!
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #168
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

That backpack is super adorable! It's nice having props that are actually functional too! I'm always so happy to cosplay a character that has an article of clothing or a prop with pockets..lol
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #169
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Thank you! Yeah, the pocket will definitely come in handy!

(Btw, I love your Elphie cosplay! I saw Wicked for the first time last month- it was AMAZING!)
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #170
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

I have a tip for any ladies looking to do Marceline's outfit from Henchmen (the black dress, striped socks and purple shoes)!

If you don't have ridonkulously tiny feet like I do hit up Etsy or Ebay for her purple scalloped pumps! Seriously, I'm so jealous that I have to keep passing up perfect shoes or ones that just need a little paint because they're all 6.5 to probably 10.

I mean, look at these. Perfect!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/99502537/vintage-80s-royal-purple-pumpsheels?ref=sr_gallery_32&ga_search_query=purpl e+shoes&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga _ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=vintage

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66847072/1980s-purple-party-pumps?ref=sr_gallery_26&ga_search_query=purple+sho es&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship _to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=vintage

http://www.etsy.com/listing/107508166/30-off-store-sale-vintage-purple-shoes?ref=sr_gallery_27&ga_search_query=purple+sho es&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship _to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=vintage

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83155674/60s-mad-men-style-satin-purple-dyed?ref=sr_gallery_13&ga_search_query=purple+shoe s&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_ to=US&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=vintage

http://www.etsy.com/listing/73113828/bright-purple-vintage-80s-heels?ref=sr_gallery_42&ga_search_query=purple+sho es&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship _to=US&ga_page=7&ga_search_type=vintage
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #171
HappyActress
Belle

I love Adventure Time <3 Because I'm younger, I'm thinking of cosplaying as either Finn (Not Fionna) or young Princess Bubblegum. Any tips?
HappyActress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #172
Rcsi1

I'd like to try making an Ice Queen costume at some point. Would anyone recommend a specific pattern for her dress?
Rcsi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #173
flammingcorn

Hi, guys. XD I've already posted a thread on this individually alongside a Homestuck question, but I figured asking about it on topic might help better...

Anyway, my little cousin has wanted to be Fionna for a while, and since Halloween is coming up as well as a con in December, she decided to finally go through with it. Well, I decided since I needed an easy costume, as well as a costume for the second day of the con, I'd be Marshall Lee and accompany her. I've got the shirt and shoes and a good wig. The pants should be easy enough, and I'll invest in some ears and fangs shortly. The thing I'm stuck on is skin. I've decided to go with the greenish skin color he's seen with in the actual cartoon. I heard that was from the lighting in the scene, but I seen it on some storyboard stuff too, so I figured it was more canon.

BUT I'M RAMBLING NOW. To get to the point, I wanna use my knowledge I gained from Homestuck cosplaying and use Ben Nye makeup. I figured to get the right color, I'd mix a green and a white. The only problem is picking out a green. I wanna purchase from this site, and those are all the available colors. I was thinking either gecko green or peacock blue. I wanna achieve this look, where I used cheap makeup as a substitute for the time being. What would you guys go for?

---

Current con I'm attending:
N/A

Current cosplays I'm doing:
N/A

Cosplays I might be doing:
The Batter
Good Cop/Bad Cop

Current cosplays I'm working on:
N/A
flammingcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #174
Lalnee

So I will cosplay Finn for Halloween :3 And probably for upcoming cons too. The backpack is just brilliant, I cant come to school with only that. But I'm having a hard time finding the fabric here, so maybe I will go to another city to buy lots of fabric, because here, there's only one or so fabric stores. But I will start working on the hat tomorrow, I'll just have to modify a hat I bought today :3
Lalnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #175
flammingcorn

Okay, so I tried using cheap Halloween makeup and acrylic paint as Ben Nye substitutes for my Marshall Lee skin...but both have failed. I'm running out of ideas! Would you view Marshall Lee as being the same gray as Homestuck trolls? Because I have plenty of that...what would you guys think?

---

Current con I'm attending:
N/A

Current cosplays I'm doing:
N/A

Cosplays I might be doing:
The Batter
Good Cop/Bad Cop

Current cosplays I'm working on:
N/A
flammingcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #176
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Devi1313- Ugh, I'm loving all the shoes! Too bad I have giant feetses. :/ lol

flammingcorn- I think your troll makeup would work fine! Marshall Lee is a bit greener, but you could try lightly dusting a green eyeshadow over your face to give it a green tint.

As for my Fionna cosplay, everything is just about finished! Everything is made, but a few things need final touches before I can really say it's complete. And I have to remake a couple things, but it's done enough for Halloween! Here's a crappy little pic of me in my wig and hat (which I will be redoing):
Unread 11-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #177
PsychoLove
Zombie Aeris

I just randomly decided to do princess bubblegum, and just whipped that mess out! The hair was kind of... uhm... lol

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3313554/

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

Recently Completed:
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
Princess Mononoke: San
Final Fantasy IV: Rydia (2.0)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru (final armor)

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Legend Of Zelda: Femme Link
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #178
ayaasan

Welp, since it's been awhile, I thought I'd post progress! I completely re-made my Ice Queen bodice, and geeze louise was this thing a monster to put together.

Now onto hammering in grommets and attaching sleeves and over-skirts!!~
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #179
WantAGuava
Derp of a Being

My secret and inner most wish is to one day cosplay Flame Prince/ Princess uvu
WantAGuava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #180
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...80660346_n.jpg

I really want to make this Ice Princess Fionna cosplay.
I want it to be a huge dress like this. What pattern do you guys think I could use?
Also for the red jewel in the middle.

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote