Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #16
kyuubified
Real life unicorn

I was the lone Lumpy Space Princess at Anime Expo 2010 :'D

I would LOVE to cosplay her again, but maybe redo the costume so it looks nicer and isn't so damn hot! Plus it was really hard to see. D: I almost stepped on a bunch of children who swarmed around me, haha.

But I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating cosplaying Marceline's Dad/Lord of Evil in his monster form. I doubt anyone would know who I was though

Last edited by kyuubified : 10-14-2010 at 12:31 AM.
kyuubified is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
Enjiko
Deep Red Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuubified View Post
I was the lone Lumpy Space Princess at Anime Expo 2010 :'D

I would LOVE to cosplay her again, but maybe redo the costume so it looks nicer and isn't so damn hot! Plus it was really hard to see. D: I almost stepped on a bunch of children who swarmed around me, haha.

But I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating cosplaying Marceline's Dad/Lord of Evil in his monster form. I doubt anyone would know who I was though
OMG I saw you at Anime Expo! Lol who cares if anyone knows who you are? It would be awesome to see that cosplay!
Enjiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
kyuubified
Real life unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjiko View Post
OMG I saw you at Anime Expo! Lol who cares if anyone knows who you are? It would be awesome to see that cosplay!
I might make it for a friend to wear next year. Being LSP is just too much fun, as much as I like Marceline's dad.

I felt kind of like a pedo though, because at one point about 5 little kids were following my friend (who was cosplaying Finn) and I. xD
kyuubified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #19
junkeemunky
JM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloom View Post
My boyfriend and I are going to do this for Halloween too <3 So cute! What color would you say her dress from the "Henchman" episode is? I've been fluctuating between an aubergine and gray, but the AT Wikipedia says "in the episode, "Henchman", she is seen wearing a short black dress, where the top is ripped and there is a maroon stripe going across it. It is noted that this dress is made of Why-Wolf hide. She also wore purple leggings under the dress and reddish-purple heels." Black? WTF? Really? And Maroon? Whuh?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Marceline3.jpg Hm. Idk D:
Blah! Sorry I forgot to reply for so long. I hope you post pics of your costume on cos.com, there is so little Adventure Time, especially secondary characters!

Black and maroon?! Come on AT Wiki.... I went with fabric that is a really dark, dull purple, then matched the belt/shoe fabric to the character sheet. If I had more time, I would've made the dress out of a good, dyed fur. What I was having a hard time deciding was the exact makeup for her flesh tone.
junkeemunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #20
Gloom
Stir Fry This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkeemunky View Post
Blah! Sorry I forgot to reply for so long. I hope you post pics of your costume on cos.com, there is so little Adventure Time, especially secondary characters!

Black and maroon?! Come on AT Wiki.... I went with fabric that is a really dark, dull purple, then matched the belt/shoe fabric to the character sheet. If I had more time, I would've made the dress out of a good, dyed fur. What I was having a hard time deciding was the exact makeup for her flesh tone.
Haha, I decided that I didn't have the budget or time (or skill) for a dress, so I just went with her regular outfit anyway. I need to trim the wig I ordered from Cosplay.com and then I'll be set. I'm not going to worry about her skin tone, being that a) I'm very, very pale anyway and b) I think the coloration on the show is a little exaggerated/tinted, so I will just interpret her skin tone as super pale rather than that powder periwinkle color. We'll see how it looks! Gah, I'm nervous to put it all together >_<

DeviantART | Book of Faces
Gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #21
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

I'm doing a human!Jake costume for Halloween, with a dress & stockings and stuff. It's coming along really nicely. :3 I'll be sure to post pics, my friend is going with me as Finn.

As for Pen's email address, does anyone know what it is? I'd love to send him pictures of the finished product.
Heavens_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #22
~Squid~

My Princess Bubble gum wig came in the mail and I am almost done makign her crown.

I am so excited!!
~Squid~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #23
junkeemunky
JM

Hope you guys got your costumes done! I managed to finish all my props and my Marceline's crazy long wig. Hopefully she'll post her outfit on here soon.

Here's a few I posted: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/338090/
Unread 02-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #24
junkeemunky
JM

Working on Cotton Candy and Ice cream girl costumes. This is the first time I'm making fancy dresses, so it's an interesting experience.
Unread 03-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #25
noi

I'm in the process of finishing up my Princess Bubblegum dress from the Royal Tart episode. I'll be wearing it to Megacon~
noi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #26
godmi

Hey everyone! I'm making Princess Bubblegum's original pink dress (with a shorter wig, though, so as not to get too tangled) and her blue dress from "Susan Strong." My boyfriend is lazy, so he's just going to make Finn's outfit. xD

The blue dress makes me super excited. I can't wait to start work on the wig, though! It's my favorite hairstyle out of all of her Princess Bubblegum's.
godmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #27
junkeemunky
JM

godmi- It's cool to see alternate outfits, I hope you post up pics on cos.com cos I'd love to see that outfit finished.

My gf and I are going as Finn and Marceline (Nightosphere ver.) for Wondercon this weekend.
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #28
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjiko View Post
I'm forcing my dad to cosplay Marceline's dad.

^ that is epic o.o

I'm almost done with my Marceline 8D
I'm going to be commissioning her Axe-bass over the summer =3=

CyberCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #29
junkeemunky
JM

My gf wants me to make the royal tarts dress, but I might have to put it off until after I rework her "Henchmen" dress for Marceline.

I'd love to see someone cosplay Marceline's dad. It'd just be so rad.
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #30
levelsixtyseven

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkeemunky View Post
godmi- It's cool to see alternate outfits, I hope you post up pics on cos.com cos I'd love to see that outfit finished.

My gf and I are going as Finn and Marceline (Nightosphere ver.) for Wondercon this weekend.
Ooooh! That's so cute! Finn and Marceline. Makes me smile.