Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #121
Lucca
Nothing can beat Science!
 
Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysaur View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation on a brand for grey makeup for Marceline? I read about some kind that you mix with water, and it doesn't really rub off, but I'm not sure what it's called, or which brand would be best. Thanks!
Based on that description, it sound like you're looking for water based makeup such as Kryolan Aquacolor or Paradise AC. Most brands come in at least one shade of grey. I haven't tried water based makeup myself but it seems like a favorite among many forum goers, so I'd definitely recommend looking into it.

Another great option is creme makeup. I used a mix of Ben Nye's white foundation with some blue-grey to create the shade in the photo I previously posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronological View Post
it's pretty good, aside from the guitar. at least, for halloween. o uo

ooo, if my opinion counts at all, i vote the video makers one ! just because it looks easier to move around in. e ue;; /has no experience with pretty, sexy dresses at cons
Haha, yeah, Halloween is the key word here. It was basically an excuse to do a makeup test run. Which does look a bit washed out in the photo; so I think I may mix it just a tad darker next time (or do a better job contouring).

I'm leaning towards the plaid outfit as well, if only because the thought of having to wear high-heels fills me with dread.
__________________
Attending:
Tora-Con as Link (the Wind Waker) and Ico
Colossalcon as Link (the Minish Cap + Wind Waker) and Ico

Costumes in progress:
Link (The Legend of Zelda: the Minish Cap) (80%)
Marceline (Adventure Time) (75%)
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon) (5%)

"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

Last edited by Lucca : 11-08-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Lucca is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #122
junkeemunky
JM
 
junkeemunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 781
For Halloween, my gf and I planned Marceline and Bubbleugm from What Was Missing, and we managed to get everything together thankfully. Even managed to get some props finished too! I just have to resize some pics! :3
junkeemunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 03:50 AM   #123
sandysaur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucca View Post
Based on that description, it sound like you're looking for water based makeup such as Kryolan Aquacolor or Paradise AC. Most brands come in at least one shade of grey. I haven't tried water based makeup myself but it seems like a favorite among many forum goers, so I'd definitely recommend looking into it.

Another great option is creme makeup. I used a mix of Ben Nye's white foundation with some blue-grey to create the shade in the photo I previously posted.
That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by junkeemunky View Post
For Halloween, my gf and I planned Marceline and Bubbleugm from What Was Missing, and we managed to get everything together thankfully. Even managed to get some props finished too! I just have to resize some pics! :3
Haha, my girlfriend wants to be my Bubblegum from What Was Missing too, I'm excited to see your pictures!
__________________
Upcoming Cons: SacAnime Winter 2013? - AOD 2013 - Fanime 2013 - Anime Expo 2013 - Kintoki-Con 2013?
sandysaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 12:06 AM   #124
Marshall Lee
Vampire King
 
Marshall Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucca View Post
Based on that description, it sound like you're looking for water based makeup such as Kryolan Aquacolor or Paradise AC. Most brands come in at least one shade of grey. I haven't tried water based makeup myself but it seems like a favorite among many forum goers, so I'd definitely recommend looking into it.

Another great option is creme makeup. I used a mix of Ben Nye's white foundation with some blue-grey to create the shade in the photo I previously posted.
You look really cute as Marceline!

The Paradise AC in Storm Cloud is great. I apply it with a damp brush and it dries awesomely to a nice matte powdery finish and stays on pretty well, even on my hands. I reccommend still using a bit of barrier spray to help it not budge.

I'm not a fan of creme make up since after a while it tends to dry out and flake a bit on me. I've found that it lasts a bit longer if you use a bit of primer and moisturizer first. Creme make up is pretty much a no-go for me on my hands..it rubbed off and onto things way too easily.
Marshall Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #125
sandysaur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 78
Does anyone know where I could buy a pair of high waisted pants like Marceline's in "What Was Missing?"
I can post a reference picture later when I'm not on my phone.
__________________
Upcoming Cons: SacAnime Winter 2013? - AOD 2013 - Fanime 2013 - Anime Expo 2013 - Kintoki-Con 2013?
sandysaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #126
Marshall Lee
Vampire King
 
Marshall Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+waisted+jeans

Sadly the most accurate looking ones don't come cheap on Amazon. Might want to see what brands you like best and maybe search on ebay.
Those kind of jeans were trendy a couple of seasons ago so I'm sure you might be able to find them on ebay or maybe a thrift shop.
Marshall Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #127
sandysaur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Lee View Post
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+waisted+jeans

Sadly the most accurate looking ones don't come cheap on Amazon. Might want to see what brands you like best and maybe search on ebay.
Those kind of jeans were trendy a couple of seasons ago so I'm sure you might be able to find them on ebay or maybe a thrift shop.
Oh yuck, that's a lot. I like that style of pants a lot anyways and I'd wear them out of cosplay, but that's too much for me. I will lurk around on Ebay and thrift stores, thanks for the advice :)
__________________
Upcoming Cons: SacAnime Winter 2013? - AOD 2013 - Fanime 2013 - Anime Expo 2013 - Kintoki-Con 2013?
sandysaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:15 AM   #128
Marshall Lee
Vampire King
 
Marshall Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysaur View Post
Oh yuck, that's a lot. I like that style of pants a lot anyways and I'd wear them out of cosplay, but that's too much for me. I will lurk around on Ebay and thrift stores, thanks for the advice
I entered in "high waisted jeans" into an ebay search and got tons of results in all kinds of interesting styles. Price wise they average around $36-$40. That's not too bad, especially if you plan on wearing them outside of cosplay.
Marshall Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #129
sandysaur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Lee View Post
I entered in "high waisted jeans" into an ebay search and got tons of results in all kinds of interesting styles. Price wise they average around $36-$40. That's not too bad, especially if you plan on wearing them outside of cosplay.
I was looking on Ebay and I couldn't find any in a color I liked that were reasonably priced. Do you think you could link me to the ones you found? Maybe I searched for something different, haha.
__________________
Upcoming Cons: SacAnime Winter 2013? - AOD 2013 - Fanime 2013 - Anime Expo 2013 - Kintoki-Con 2013?
sandysaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #130
Marshall Lee
Vampire King
 
Marshall Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysaur View Post
I was looking on Ebay and I couldn't find any in a color I liked that were reasonably priced. Do you think you could link me to the ones you found? Maybe I searched for something different, haha.
Just type in "high waisted jeans" without the quotation marks in it and it should bring up the same results.
Keep in mind also that if a pair of pants is 100% cotton that you can dye them to the shade you want as well.
There's also a pretty neat denim community online that has all kinds of tips regarding shopping/dyeing etc:
http://jeanshub.blogspot.com/
Marshall Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #131
sandysaur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Lee View Post
Just type in "high waisted jeans" without the quotation marks in it and it should bring up the same results.
Keep in mind also that if a pair of pants is 100% cotton that you can dye them to the shade you want as well.
There's also a pretty neat denim community online that has all kinds of tips regarding shopping/dyeing etc:
http://jeanshub.blogspot.com/
Thanks! For some reason I didn't even think about dying them. I'd rather not have to deal with dying if I don't have to, but I guess it can't always be helped. I'll look into that website.
__________________
Upcoming Cons: SacAnime Winter 2013? - AOD 2013 - Fanime 2013 - Anime Expo 2013 - Kintoki-Con 2013?
sandysaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #132
ayaasan
Registered User
 
ayaasan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 962
Hello! Just thought that I'd pop in and say hello
I'm currently working on my interpretation of Princess Bubblegum from the Susan Strong episode--kinda like how they "bling" out the princesses at Disneyland. Just finished the crown, and now I'm finishing hand-stitching the sequin "sprinkles" on the trim of the cardigan. Sooo looking forward to the floofy cupcake skirt ^__^ Debuting her at Wonder-Con next March, so I hope to meet some more Adventure Time fans!~
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #133
virjenga
Registered User
 
virjenga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 34
Yay Princess Bubblegum!! I saw your crown detailing, it is lovely!

I, too, am doing Princses Bubblegum, for Katsucon next year. The royal tart dress is the plan!

My boyfriend is going as the Ice King, he just doesn't really know it yet. *covert costume making ftw*
virjenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #134
TheRedRaven
Cartoon Cosplays
 
TheRedRaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 193
Finally getting started on Natasha's version of Cotton Candy Princess. I'm so excited for this cosplay ^_^
TheRedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #135
Doktor Lee
Bon Vivant
 
Doktor Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 117
Upon watching Part 2 of Holly Jolly Secrets, I feel as if I could pull off a Pre-Ice King!Simon Petrikov for an upcoming con in the future. Now I just need to look for a gray tweed suit and a pair of ankle-high shoes...
__________________
Next Stop: Nekocon 2014!

Completed
Discworld - Inspector A.E. Pessimal

Retired
Adventure Time - Simon Petrikov
Team Fortress 2 - RED Team Medic (Genderbend)
Doctor Who - The Eighth Doctor
Doktor Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.