Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 08-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
distantarray

weight training progress

It's been nice lately because I finally found gym buddies that can outlift me and goes regularly, so I finally have reliable spotters and people to workout with. Since in the past I never felt comfortable with pushing myself to my limit.

Started with decline bench today 135 x 15 , 225 x 8 and 275 x 4 pretty estatic about the results I should be able to push atleast 300x 1 soon enough.

I also did Incline dumbbell press at 45 degree angle with 50 x12 60x 12 and 65 x 11 directly after declines, I should be able to go upto 75's if I start fresh. I'll try to start with those next time. Unfortunately 75's are a high as the dumbbells go at my gym =(

Supplements I take, pre-workout stuff for extra energy, and whey protein with milk, creatine malate (green bulge) controlled labs.

I think I should post I weight 158 atm
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.

Last edited by distantarray : 08-02-2010 at 11:54 PM.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

My new favorite combination supplement wise. Gatorade G series (with the protein) and Gaspri;s Size-On. Great!!! In training drink.

Your decline's great too, I think the most I've ever done with that is 110 but i've never had spotters to help push me. Whats your BF % at? 158 is a lil surprising, I figured you looked like a naturally bigger guy. Height and bone structure wise anyway.

I, due to a recent life crisis, have switched cities and gyms. The gym i'm at now, the equipment isn't nearly as good - and the gym itself could have actually fit in the mens bathroom of the gym in chicago. (gives you an idea of how drastic the change, ay?) But I'm seeing some gains in what I'm pushing in nearly every move. Partly, I think it's because i've moved my cardio to the end of the workouts?

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriSmurfX View Post
My new favorite combination supplement wise. Gatorade G series (with the protein) and Gaspri;s Size-On. Great!!! In training drink.

Your decline's great too, I think the most I've ever done with that is 110 but i've never had spotters to help push me. Whats your BF % at? 158 is a lil surprising, I figured you looked like a naturally bigger guy. Height and bone structure wise anyway.

I, due to a recent life crisis, have switched cities and gyms. The gym i'm at now, the equipment isn't nearly as good - and the gym itself could have actually fit in the mens bathroom of the gym in chicago. (gives you an idea of how drastic the change, ay?) But I'm seeing some gains in what I'm pushing in nearly every move. Partly, I think it's because i've moved my cardio to the end of the workouts?

I only do the G series protein when I don't have a choice it tastes so fken terrible, like old sprite left in the car for a few days with terrible metal after taste.

my body fat is around 9-11% bounces back and forth a little. I'm only 5'6 kinda short, so 158 isn't that big, but I think I'm pretty strong for my height weight. Naturally in highschool first time I was lifting weights I was 140 and I was repping 135 12x first time ever benching. but then shorter limbs = less distance to travel and makes it easier. My workout partner is 190 pounds 6'3, he was 120 pounds less than 2 years ago, and he's probably around 7% body fat. Shows you how much he's gained, but then he was taking pro hormones for a while (3 at a time)
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
Unread 08-03-2010, 05:44 AM   #4
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

Sadly I never used to work out normally til a 3 years ago, and even then I stuck away from the gym doing instead Body weight and crossfit styled stuff I learned in the army. I'm shredding down in the last 30 days til dragoncon (where hopefully I'll have dropped about 15 lbs of body fat putting me below 10% somewhere, then I'll be able to dry out and it would actually be worth the stress).

After dragoncon I'll go back to bulking up again Cause I like being bigger due to my height. I'm sitting some where between 230-235 now, and I'm hoping during this bulking phase I can maintaining a low-ish bodyfat %. I also have to work on upping my upper body strength as well, since my legs are fine where the are (although I wanna see how my higher I can go, since I'm sitting at about 600 lbs on the leg press).

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 07:37 AM   #5
Kasinator
Not quite human

for me I am benching only around 130-145 range. So I think I'm the lightest lifter here. of course I still have no idea how much to count for the bar itself or if i should even count that. But I'll get to 200 make no mistake about that. I just want to have good form when I get there. But I am able to brag That I have the lowest bodyfat percentage here And I do not do any cardio other than lawn mowing and riding my bike to the gym. My BF level is 6.8% (I checked yesterday) I weigh about 155-6 lbs.

My workout is in my signature. I do my ab workout every other cay starting monday but not on sunday so three times a week. I do six sets of 25 rep twisting incline sit-ups super-seted with 25 rep incline leg ups ( Feet never touch the ground ) totaling 300 reps. simple yet very effective.

I've only done this workout for two months, but I've already gained one pound in muscle. After this week I plan to change routines for another month and from there switch back.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
for me I am benching only around 130-145 range. So I think I'm the lightest lifter here. of course I still have no idea how much to count for the bar itself or if i should even count that. But I'll get to 200 make no mistake about that. I just want to have good form when I get there. But I am able to brag That I have the lowest bodyfat percentage here And I do not do any cardio other than lawn mowing and riding my bike to the gym. My BF level is 6.8% (I checked yesterday) I weigh about 155-6 lbs.

My workout is in my signature. I do my ab workout every other cay starting monday but not on sunday so three times a week. I do six sets of 25 rep twisting incline sit-ups super-seted with 25 rep incline leg ups ( Feet never touch the ground ) totaling 300 reps. simple yet very effective.

I've only done this workout for two months, but I've already gained one pound in muscle. After this week I plan to change routines for another month and from there switch back.
standard bar at a gym is typically about 45 pounds, and yes you addd that =P

although there are some bars at home gyms which are much lighter than that, but take a picture of the bar and we can have a pretty good guess if you need to how much it should weight if it's not the standard heavy duty types. (starts bending @315 lbs)

but it's hard to try to find your max I usually never do it cause I don't feel the need for it, but then I just got lazy cause my friend was doing it, and I didn't wanna rerack etc lol.
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

Huh!? Really? 45 lbs? I never knew that - I always figured it around 15 or so. In an awkward way, I liked knowing that - cause now I know I've been lifting more than I thought i could lol.

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #8
distantarray

Quote:
Huh!? Really? 45 lbs? I never knew that - I always figured it around 15 or so. In an awkward way, I liked knowing that - cause now I know I've been lifting more than I thought i could lol.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=11498678

that's a standard bar, and it even says standard olympic size bar 45 pound =p

bar + 45 on each side = 135
Unread 08-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #9
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

Yup, thats the bar. I'm that much more awesome now *flexing*

Feel free to facepalm.

--Yukino Miyazawa
Unread 08-10-2010, 02:40 AM   #10
distantarray

Quote:
Yup, thats the bar. I'm that much more awesome now *flexing*

Feel free to facepalm.
dunno about face palm but i did kinda raise my eyebrow in disbelief.... no one ever told you or you never asked? o_O
Unread 08-10-2010, 03:37 AM   #11
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

I never asked and I was told 15 lbs some 10 years ago?

--Yukino Miyazawa
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #12
Kasinator
Not quite human

I broke my bench record today at 150lbs. I just got up this morning and I am not quite sore yet. Perhaps its time I changed my routine. I've been doing the same one for two months, and progress has been significant.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Unread 08-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #13
Kasinator
Not quite human

I thought I would post again. I've decided starting next week to take up HIT training and see what it yields in results. If anybody finds an all cable/machine workout ( for the sake of good form ) let me know. until then I'm googleing like crazy (that just sounds so weird T.T) .

My workout
What to eat

Unread 08-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #14
kmorch 215

5'6, 158 lbs and your benching 275? Holy hell that's impressive man.

I'm about 5'5 1/2, 145 lbs, and the most I can go is 225 x 6 with spot. It actually gives me a bit of motivation that I may be able to go up higher, however, I don't take any type of pre-workout drinks. I usually take a muscle milk after workouts, but that's about it.
kmorch 215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #15
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmorch 215 View Post
5'6, 158 lbs and your benching 275? Holy hell that's impressive man.

I'm about 5'5 1/2, 145 lbs, and the most I can go is 225 x 6 with spot. It actually gives me a bit of motivation that I may be able to go up higher, however, I don't take any type of pre-workout drinks. I usually take a muscle milk after workouts, but that's about it.
preworkouts are just like drinking a couple redbulls imo nothing too crazy, gets you pumped up a bit and a placebo effect but doesn't help as much as people would want you to believe.

Although creatine helped a lot for me. I weighed 150, and I gained 8 pounds in a week, and topped out at 10 pounds after about 10 days. A pound a day just about lol, but controlled labs makes great products for a great price. I used green bulge mainly cause of b12 vitamins but green magnitude is just as good. Controlled labs has their own form of creatine patented called creatine malate which works wonders for me. It doesn't get me bloated like monohydrate. I'm sad to see my last dose yesterday, but I guess I'll see what I really weigh in about a week =)

I should get more cut and toned looking so it'll be fun to see.

I also started doing machine flies with the whole stack of weights which is 220, and started doing sets of inclines with 75 pound dumbbell, I do calves on the leg press machine with the stack of 400, and squats with 225 now.

On tricep cable pull over, where I pull over the head and facing away from the pulley i started doing it with my body weight at 160 lbs, but then in all fairness it sounds fken great but I do think the weights at the gym are mis labeled a bit sometimes. Like just to be dumb I tried hanging off a 200 pound pulley but i was able to lift 200 pounds with my body weight which doesn't seem to compute. I started doing dumbbell rows with 75 pound as well, I just wish they had something heavier at my gym =\

Last edited by distantarray : 08-11-2010 at 08:56 AM.