Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

Otakon 2011: Final Fantasy

With the huge success of Final Fantasy, let's get ready for next year's Final Fantasy madness. For those of you who attended the 2010 photoshoot events, you all know how much fun the gatherings are. ^.^

Later in the year, as Otakon 2011 approaches, we'll begin throwing together photoshoot location ideas and times. For now, you all can just have at it with your Final Fantasy cosplay plans. All characters from ALL series and games are welcomed and encouraged. Minor and cameo characters also welcome. Any type of cosplay or character discussion is encouraged here.

Come join in the fun. Don't forget your pheonix downs, potions, chocobos and materia!

Final Fantasy 6

Tigress - Kefka
ShibaAyame - Relm Arrowny (Amano)
ShibaAyame (Tentative) - General Leo (sprite),
ShibaAyame (Tentative) -Terra (sprite)
ShibaAyame (Tentative) - Shadow (Amano).

Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children
Technowraith - Cloud
Technowraith (Tentative) - Sephiroth
SeleneHino (Tentative) - Cloud
Tamouri - Reno
Tamouri (Brother) - Rude

Final Fantasy 9
han-pan - Garnet

Final Fantasy X
alexiamorana (Tentative) - Yuna
alexiamorana (Tentative) - Tidus
alexiamorana (Tentative) -Jecht with shoopuf
alexiamorana (Tentative) -Auron
Umbriel - Summoner Yuna
SeleneHino (Tentative) - Summoner Yuna
Shinjuchan - LuLu

Final Fantasy X-2
cachalot - Berserker Yuna

Final Fantasy 12 Revenant Wings
yori haishi - Penelo

Final Fantasy 13
Aurora Maryte - Jihl Nabaat,
Aurora Maryte (Sister) - Lightning
Aurora Maryte (Little bro) - Hope.
shinigamiroxas (Tentative) - Serah
YuuriC - Serah
YuuriK - Vanille

Because Cloud has an intelligence score of 2 and doesn't know where these characters are from (But if you do, by all means let me know and I will slot them into the right series, game or spot): >.<

Still At The Main Menu Deciding On A Character:
clairdelune371

Photoshoot Locations and Times: We'll decide when and where as Otakon 2011 approaches. In the meantime, you guys can suggest times and locations. When the Otakon 2011 gatherings thread is posted, we'll have to decide for sure where and when our gatherings will take place.

Friday:
TBA

Saturday:
TBA

Sunday:
TBA

Page 2 Post #25 explains how this list works. See that post to understand what the entries mean.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.

Last edited by Technowraith : 09-15-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

My siblings and I will be bringing back our FFXIII cosplays- me as Jihl Nabaat, my sister as Lightning, and my little bro as Hope.
I'll be bringing Celes' opera dress too and I guess I'll wear that on Saturday?... I kinda want to do some kind of Masquerade skit with that thing since it will be such a nightmare to make.

Hopefully next year the shoots will be better organized. I can't speak for Friday's shoots, and i know the 2pm Saturday one was screwed over by the alarm, but whoever organized thet 4pm Saturday one didn't do their job and left around 30-40 people in the proper location while they decided to move the shoot to the waterfront... Everyone on the terrace was confused...but at least we did our own shoot or things would really have sucked.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
clairdelune371
Aes Sedai

@Aurora: So I'm wondering if we ended up in the same shoot or not haha. Cuz I don't remember 30-40 people being there at all... Maybe I'm just bad at counting. I'll have to check my pics (still haven't got a chance from work to upload those yet) to see if you were there.. But yeah, I don't know why Technowraith had the impression of a huge success with the shoots XD Well the Friday2pm one was cool, but what about the other 3???
clairdelune371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Hmm idk. Maybe that's an overexaggeration then? Maybe it was more like 20-30?.. I know there were over 20 for sure though.
My sister counted how many people, and told me when I asked later so idk maybe she miscounted or she forgot by then. Whatever. It was a good amount of people either way.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 01:25 AM   #5
Suki Rios

i nearly died in my genesis costume in the outside saturday 4pm shoot. i had some pretty bad heat exhaustion from the shoot going on for so long. As much as i love my genesis costume i doubt he'll make a return to Otakon unless there's an unusually cool summer.
Suki Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
Technowraith

The fire alarm on saturday really screwed stuff up. In fact, I was gathering with FF people on hte Terrace when the evacuation order was given. After that point, I remembered the 4pm shoot at the outdoor fountains and just went there. I know one of the Reno's from the outdoor fountains ran around the convention center quickly to herd people to the outdoor fountains. Not sure where exactly he stopped, but it's possible he missed some of the gathering group at the Terrace. In any case, for next year, it's probably better to hold a single photoshoot per day. Two shoots a day seemed to be a bit confusing.

On another interesting note: With the rumor of the ps3 Final Fantasy 7 remake, once it comes out, I wander if there will be a resurgence in the classic final fantasy 7 cast. Over the last couple cons, I've seen very few original characters, but more Advent Children, Crisis Core and Dissidia characters. Who knows...

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #7
ShibaAyame
Little Painter Girl

I'll most definitely make it back in my Relm Arrowny (Amano) next year, hopefully with General Leo (sprite), Terra (sprite) and Shadow (Amano).

As for the shoot screwups, to pour salt on the fire alarm wound, wasn't it stated on the master list that both shoots on Saturday would be on the terrace? I remember looking at it and saying "Hey, I won't have to move for an hour, sweet!"

Last edited by ShibaAyame : 08-04-2010 at 08:56 AM.
ShibaAyame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
alexiamorana

I think my group might try to redo our costumes and bring them back for next year. That fire alarm messed up our photoshoot schedule. We had a gunner Yuna, Tidus, f!Jecht with shoopuf, and f!Auron (myself). We did make it to that outdoor 4pm one, though.
Unread 08-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
clairdelune371
Aes Sedai

I'm not sure if I'll be bringing Fang again next year. I'd like to but man was that a hard costume to wear! I was afraid all day long of everything falling apart in any given minute, even though I had a ton of safety pins on me. XD My original plan was to complete Fang (this year tons of things were missing) for next year, but now I'm thinking I might just give up :|
Unread 08-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
Technowraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairdelune371 View Post
I'm not sure if I'll be bringing Fang again next year. I'd like to but man was that a hard costume to wear! I was afraid all day long of everything falling apart in any given minute, even though I had a ton of safety pins on me. XD My original plan was to complete Fang (this year tons of things were missing) for next year, but now I'm thinking I might just give up :|
Don't give up. There are exceptionally few Fang cosplayers out there. While the decision is yours, keep trying anyway. You've spent hard work and time on what you've made. You can improve and build up your design for next year. ^.^

As for me, I'm thinking of finally getting Sephiroth done. This year was pitiful in the bad guy department. We didn't have any! Well, Sephiroth was there, but only ONE! O_O Kadaj and Yazoo made more appearances than Sephiroth. LoL. Gotta fix that for next year.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 08-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #11
clairdelune371
Aes Sedai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki Rios View Post
i nearly died in my genesis costume in the outside saturday 4pm shoot. i had some pretty bad heat exhaustion from the shoot going on for so long. As much as i love my genesis costume i doubt he'll make a return to Otakon unless there's an unusually cool summer.
I live in Baltimore and believe me, the weather that weekend was much cooler than what we've been having here this summer XD I was thinking the cosplayers were all pretty lucky, you should've seen the previous week where being outside for one minute in normal clothes would make us drown in our own sweat. Or not. Nobody should have to see that -_- In any case, I wouldn't expect a cool summer around here in the next few years! :3
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #12
shinigamiroxas
AkuRoku!!! :-D

I'm thinking of doing Serah from XIII but it's still up for debate with Maka from Soul Eater and Sailor Moon (manga version), *sighs* oh why so many characters to choose from? I'll figure something out, i'm leaning more toward Serah but who knows.

Otakon 2014
Thursday- Kingdom hearts- Twilight Town Roxas
Friday and Saturday- Sailor Moon ~ Princess Serenity (manga version)
Sunday- Alice in the Country of Hearts- Alice

If anyone is interested in a good role playing site my friend has a really good one. Please head here http://confusedmemory3.proboards.com/index.cgi ......It's a Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy role playing site.
shinigamiroxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
Technowraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairdelune371 View Post
I live in Baltimore and believe me, the weather that weekend was much cooler than what we've been having here this summer XD I was thinking the cosplayers were all pretty lucky, you should've seen the previous week where being outside for one minute in normal clothes would make us drown in our own sweat. Or not. Nobody should have to see that -_- In any case, I wouldn't expect a cool summer around here in the next few years! :3
I will agree that this year the weather was actually much cooler than in previous years. In a way we should be thankful. As for next year, who knows what the weather will be.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Prop status:
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #14
clairdelune371
Aes Sedai

@Aurora: Apparently indeed we were in the same shoot cuz now that I look, you're right next to me in the pics XD

Actually I don't think having two shoots in the same day was all that great of a problem. But I guess the main issue is people feel that they can go to just one of them and the group tends to divide in two instead of one huge party. We'll try to do better for next year, hope that no one pulls the fire alarm again! We can have a Final Fantasy meetup point if an evacuation does happen again, so this time no one will get lost XD

@shinigamiroxas: It all depends on if you have a Snow or Soul to accompany you XD
Unread 08-05-2010, 01:50 AM   #15
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

The mob has demanded that I bring Kefka again next year. And next year, I won't be spending all day stuck at Masquerade rehearsals. (Nothing against the staff, but I felt like I missed the majority of the convention because of all the hoops I had to jump through for a mere 2-minute performance.)

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote