Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 08-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
м α r ι ε
ScreamoLover.

Help:x

well me & my friend are getting ready for our next convention soon , & we need to get in shape,
but theirs one thing in our way. our should i say her way,
i want to help my friend out because she thinks she has a big butt,
she told me she eats healthy works out every week & nothing changes,& it runs in her family,
she's at the point where she is starving herself,
so she told me about this commercial she saw for "brazilbutt-lift"
yes or no?
is there anyway i can help her?

Unread 08-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Kasinator
Not quite human

Just follow one of the two workouts I posted here to save money. Beachbody does great workout vids, but they are expensive. also read the dieting topics, they are simplified and reveal stuff a lot of people do not know.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
distantarray

I love how people always think if your tryin to get in shape that means you should eat less. Often times you should eat MORE and MORE often to lose weight. Also that losing weight doesn't mean it's always good. Your goal should always be to lose fat, and nothing else. Fat and weight are completely different things when it comes to health.

Starvation makes a person's body react by scavenging for EVERY calorie something has. Just cause you eat a 1000 calorie sandwich doesn't mean you'll absorb 100% of it unless your starving yourself. If your body knows food is coming regularly and soon your body is ultimately lazy and you'll absorb less. So cut that sandwich in half or more and spread it out through the day.

If you eat til your body's full your body slows down cause it route all the blood to your stomach to speed up digestion slowing down your metabolism cause it deprives oxygen, blood, and nutrients throughout the rest of the body. This is why you feel tired after a big meal. Eat 6 times a day even if it's a protein shake inbetween (SLIMFAST AND ENSURE DOES NOT COUNT) too high of carbs and too low of protein intake.

Then showing her HOW to workout is a huge deal, and you have to make sure she understands that LIFTING weights will be the fastest way to lose fat. HIIT is great mixed with some cardio. High intensity interval training, where you do minimal to no rest while lifting weights. She'll have to understand that she won't get bulky and huge lifting weights as well. It's NEVER an accident. Even if she tries it's going to be next to impossible for a woman.

Only thing that could deter her if she lifts weights, eats right more often in smaller meals is if she has a hyper thyroid problem, but my friend weighed 480 pounds, and he's 200 pounds of solid muscle now so it shows you anything is possible.

Regardless you have to get her to educate herself instead of listening to morons. When people see a over weight person they'll think they eat too much, then it gets people to believe that the HAVE to eat less to lose weight. These people just lack the correct information.

If you want to help her, first educate yourself on the subject so you can help her as well. If she says she's dieting ask herr what she's doing, and find out what she's doing wrong. Even salads can go terribly wrong with bacon cheese and dressing loaded in fat and calories. Even the lettuce (iceburg) is basically a waste of time, dark green or red leaf lettuce is 100x better for you, spinich salads and etc are amazing. The best way to get her to change her diet is by making delicious healthy stuff yourself and inviting her over to try. Get her motivated by showing her the ropes of dieting and working out.

Also remember NEVER to use the scale as a measurement of progress, body fat % is the only scientific way to show POSITIVE weight loss progress. You can also use a old pair of jeans, before and after pictures.

If she wants to have a nicer ass, NOTHING is better than squats / lunges / leg presses mixed in with some cardio. Make sure she's taking in enough protein to stay healthy.

Also get a book for her sanity and to help educate yourself EAT THIS NOT THAT, it'll show you how to eat out at most chain restaurants in America. You'll be surprised what you can get away with. For instance at Red Lobster WHOLE Maine lobster with cocktail sauce and side of Broccoli is under 300 calories. Prime Minister Steak Rib with sweet potato at outback is under 800 calories. that's a huge steak! It shows you how to have your cake and eat it too.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
м α r ι ε
ScreamoLover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
Just follow one of the two workouts I posted here to save money. Beachbody does great workout vids, but they are expensive. also read the dieting topics, they are simplified and reveal stuff a lot of people do not know.
me&alexx are thinking about using the beachbody products, but we have been told the more we work our butt the bigger it gets, we've been doing squats&lunges for a hole 3 weeks and no result;(
Unread 08-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by м α r ι ε View Post
me&alexx are thinking about using the beachbody products, but we have been told the more we work our butt the bigger it gets, we've been doing squats&lunges for a hole 3 weeks and no result;(
not necessarily true. if you keep it at a higher number of reps and use slightly less weight, it gets more toned. plus all the cardio helps too. Now work those buns!!! XD

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by м α r ι ε View Post
you can do squats and lunges all you want, but you gotta watch your diet and cardio to REALLY show off and tone your ass. Remember everyone stores fat deposits in their body differently, and since spot fat reduction is impossible out of surgery. Your shit outta luck if all your trying to do is squats and lunges to lose weight on your butt. If you want to show off a nicely toned ass you have to first do squats and lunges build the muscle, then create a calorie deficit through strict dieting AND OR cardio. You can rely on one or the other in extremes, but since your already doing squats and lunges you should do the lather of both. Mainly because you don't want your workout progress to go to waste with extreme dieting (will lose muscle as well)
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
River.
twing twang

Quote:
Fat and weight are completely different things when it comes to health.
Amen.

Next Cons:
AUSA - (maybe)
Ohayocon
Katsucon
River. is offline   Reply With Quote