Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #526
Lady Shinsei
~ Duelist of Heart ~

Talking

It just sort of happened...LOL. Kind of like how a conversation between me and a bud on Facebook is now resulting in me wanting to try and cosplay as Clubs Deuce. XD

Check out my DeviantArt page if you wish = Kara-Kazeneko

Cosplay WIP = Rex Raptor (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Rinku (Yu Yu Hakusho), God Tier Jane (Homestuck), my own gijinka version of Majesty (oldschool MLP), Clay (Pokemon B&W), and renovating existing stuff.
Lady Shinsei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #527
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆ Kei ☆ View Post
Figured I'd ask here first~

I'm planning on cosplaying Trickster!Fem!Dave to (hopefully) stave off the want of Homestuck cosplay for a while. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a suitable base shirt after trying various search terms, so I was hoping you all would have a better idea on where to find one?

Here's the Ref c:
I know that customink sells 50 different baseball raglan colours, they'd probably have white/creamy yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Gonna say my interpretation, which is after reading the pages on it WAY too much, haha.

Matesprit = Flushed. AKA as Hussie says it, pretty much the closest to the human concept of romance. It's called the pity quadrant, but its just someone you feel affection for and would mate with.

Moraillegiance = Pale. AKA someone who balances you out. Kind of like a best friend in human concepts. It's still considered a romantic quadrant, its just not a SEXUAL quadrant like Matesprit. It's someone who gives you advice, makes sure you don't do anything stupid, and in turn, you do the same for them. It's just two people who keep each other in line. Hence why Eridan <> Feferi didn't work; Feferi was a good morail to Eridan but he never listened to her.

Kismesis = Black. AKA you hate someone so much, it turns romantic. Ish. Sort of. Like, think of Batman and The Joker. How they hate each other so much, they only think about each other, and it turns into some weird sort of romance. Yeah. Kind of like that. The best example is Spades Slick and Snowman in the comic; how they kind of hate each other so much they just start furiously making out at one point. And poor Doc Scratch is like O__O at them.

Auspice = Ashen. AKA the one who stops the two kismesis from killing each other. Since, that would suck for mating purposes (as in troll society you need to mate with one matesprit and one kismesis every sweep) if you end up killing them. So the Auspice kind if mediates it. Like how Doc Scratch jumped in between Snowman and Slick and pushed them away from each other (since Snowman was kind of biting his face off). Though in the end, Doc Scratch does the opposite of what an Auspice does, but originally he did a good job. Uh. You get the point.

^Anyways, that's my views on troll relationships, put in a nutshell.

Oh my gosh.
I think I have a kismesis.
*headdesk*

That helped a lot, too. Thanks!

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #528
Mithrenniel
Soylent Green: For Humani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
I don't know how, but I'm now putting otgether a Rose cosplay.
It just sort of happened.
The same thing sort of happened to me. I just had a shirt and them I made some thorns. I I am cosplaying rose. It's not even for anything, it just crept up on me.

Also the pictures from the nov5th anime detour photoshoot are out. Can haircut Vriska be a thing? I really didn't have time to find a wig. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3116254/
---}{---
Planning on Going to
---}{---
Anime Detour(MN)2013

Find me online and say hi!
FF.net; LoliPear the WaltzQueen
AnimeDetour fourms & DeviantArt; WaltzQueen
Youtube; shuri
Mithrenniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #529
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Okay, my Rose cosplay is done (pictures soon), and I'm going to be wearing it to SacCon this Sunday. If you're in Sacramento, this is a cool con to go to, and if you see me, say hi!

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #530
Sakura Blizzard
Hoshi Hikaru

A friend of mine what's to be Sollux but how do you do the glasses color of red and blue? And I just can't go thorough all these pages. thanks.
Sakura Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #531
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Blizzard View Post
A friend of mine what's to be Sollux but how do you do the glasses color of red and blue? And I just can't go thorough all these pages. thanks.
The "Search this thread" tool is useful. I'd see about glass paint, though.

My Rose cosplay won Judge's Choice in the costume contest today at SacCon. I'm pretty excited about that.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #532
sakuratyan
coolkid of summer stars

Hey guys, would any of you happen to know how to do a vest like Redglare's? Collar and all?
I still have no idea D: But any help is much appreciated. Tips on making a pattern would be awesome too.

completed:
Jake English (Homestuck, default outfit) // Vriska Serket (Homestuck, Humanstuck!God Tier)
sakuratyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #533
ThatOneGirl

I already have Karkat, Dave, and half a Jake English cosplay together. (Man its those friggen holsters!!)

And within six months I'm also hopefully going to be doing Sollux, Tavros, Kanaya, Equius, and the Sufferer.

This is my life. These are my choices. ^^;

Last edited by ThatOneGirl : 12-13-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: lol, I forgot two
ThatOneGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #534
Rainbow Muffins
Ruler of Muffins

Can I ask a dumb question?

How is everyone making their troll shirts? I've heard using that printer paper to iron on symbols, or fabric paint, or just buying them.

I was just wondering if anyone knows a simple way that's inexpensive?

Otakon '12
New York Comic Con '12
Nekocon '12

future cosplay's:
Pirate!Spain - Hetalia (50%)
Eridan Ampora - Homestuck (50%)
Secret cosplay (0%) [Ota '12]

Rainbow Muffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #535
sakuratyan
coolkid of summer stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Muffins View Post
Can I ask a dumb question?

How is everyone making their troll shirts? I've heard using that printer paper to iron on symbols, or fabric paint, or just buying them.

I was just wondering if anyone knows a simple way that's inexpensive?
Well, the iron-ons cost at least less than $10 for a pack of a few sheets. You can use that, plus buy a t-shirt for it and follow the instructions for an iron-on (although I suggest you test it out on something small first so you don't accidentally mess up like I did).
Fabric paint is also a good option, as you can buy a plain black or dark grey t-shirt and find fabric paint of the troll's symbol color and just paint it on. That usually costs less than $10.
If you're not in a pinch for cash and don't mind waiting a while, you can just buy them from the WhatPumpkin store. But honestly, they're pretty pricey for just a shirt and if you want to actually use it as a shirt then it'd be better for you to not wear it for a troll cosplay because sometimes the grey paint can rub off onto the shirt.

completed:
Jake English (Homestuck, default outfit) // Vriska Serket (Homestuck, Humanstuck!God Tier)
Unread 12-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #536
littleophelia

Hey guys! Any other ancestor cosplayers in here? I was Redglare at NYCC and am working on the Condesce for Katsucon. Kind of eyeballing the Handmaid and the Disciple as well. :3
littleophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #537
DollyBoo
booty princess

http://www.facebook.com/events/259995450726373/
Figure I'd post it here for the Floridians swaying in and out.
A Melbourne, FL Homestuck meetup! Doesn't have to be cosplay, but a meetup nonetheless.
Unread 12-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #538
sakuratyan
coolkid of summer stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleophelia View Post
Hey guys! Any other ancestor cosplayers in here? I was Redglare at NYCC and am working on the Condesce for Katsucon. Kind of eyeballing the Handmaid and the Disciple as well. :3
I'm gonna try to be Redglare for Anime LA but I have no idea how to do the vest and it's confusing me D: Do you have any tips on construction for a confused crafter?
I also might want to do the Handmaid for AX. Ancestor Cosplays are just super awesome, not gonna lie.

completed:
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #539
MercuryLampe
based minto

I'm going to be Redglare as well! My friends and I are all going as ancestors, actually! So far we have everyone except for Darkleer...

I second sakuratyan's question about the vest! It's been vexing me for a while.
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #540
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Turning to you guys again for understanding.
How come characters get killed but then show back up later? Is it because of the time jumping and paradoxes and 'future-selves'? Cuz I'm honestly confused.

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote