Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-23-2011, 02:56 AM   #541
sakuratyan
coolkid of summer stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
Turning to you guys again for understanding.
How come characters get killed but then show back up later? Is it because of the time jumping and paradoxes and 'future-selves'? Cuz I'm honestly confused.
Hm, it depends on what character's your talking about ahah. There's a chance you might have missed something in the story.

Alternatively, this goes to anybody: In your opinion, do you think it'd be alright to cosplay a Humanstuck version of a troll god tier?

completed:
Jake English (Homestuck, default outfit) // Vriska Serket (Homestuck, Humanstuck!God Tier)
sakuratyan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #542
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuratyan View Post
Hm, it depends on what character's your talking about ahah. There's a chance you might have missed something in the story.

Alternatively, this goes to anybody: In your opinion, do you think it'd be alright to cosplay a Humanstuck version of a troll god tier?
yeah.... I probably did. I've noticed kissing does something but that confuses me greatly.
And, I think it would be cool if done well.

I have noticed that the more you read homestuck, the more addictive the idea of cosplaying more characters are.
No, God tier outfits, GET OUT OF MY HEAD! you too, Vriska! And all the other ____!Stucks.... I'm talking to you, promstuck, fashionstuck, and matroyshkastuck. I HAVE OTHER PLANS TOO. >:P

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #543
Lady Shinsei
~ Duelist of Heart ~

Cool

I'm a bit curious about possibly cosplaying the kid version of the Handmaid, but need some good reference for working on it (like her feet...LOL). If anyone could provide me with decent enough bits to help, I'd seriously appreciate it.
Lady Shinsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #544
caisse
the sugoi princess

Ohoho, haven't been on the forums in a while, but lookie here; a MSPA thread!

I'm a Jade cosplayer; so far I've only completed her dress of eclectica, but I plan on cosplaying her god tier outfit for Katsucon this year, as well as Jadesprite. A good friend of mine is also making me the 3am dress as a gift to wear to Anime Boston. Further down the road I hope to do jizzybro's trickster design, as well.

katsucon 2012
friday;; feferi peixes [homestuck] | ramona flowers [scott pilgrim]
saturday;; stocking anarchy [pswg] | catherine [catherine]
sunday meenah peixes [homestuck]

caisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #545
GroundControl
Tash-la

I'm only just over halfway through reading Homestuck (hopefully I'll finish before my holiday break ends) and I was wondering if someone on here might be able to help me with a question. What are all the _______stuck things from? Like "matroyshkastuck" and stuff like that. Is it a fan thing or a tumblr things? (or both?). I don't have tumblr so I really have no idea.

I made a fleece hat with Gamzee horns and I was thinking of making a costume for a small con coming up at the end of January. The Can Town Project is going to be happening there and I wanted to participate. With all of these _____stuck things, do you think it's appropriate to make a non-canon costume? Does the costume need to be from a particular _____stuck to be appropriate/acceptable at a Homestuck gathering or photoshoot?
GroundControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #546
Karentheknight

So I got my Equius horns and Karkat horns and my Tavros horns shaped! I'm waiting for them to dry so I can sand them; and then paint them. With my extra model magic I made my friend her Sollux horns since she she didn't make them yet. Yesterday I also got my transfer on papers so I'm really excited to get my two shirts done, I don't have a tank top yet so I can't get my Equius shirt done yet. But oh well. c:
Karentheknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #547
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Wow, I haven't checked out this thread in ages!!
Uuum, I've started on my Jane Crocker cosplay and I only really need the skirt for it now and I'm still working on my Eridan. I'm going to re-make his horns soonish when I can to make some improved ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundControl View Post
I'm only just over halfway through reading Homestuck (hopefully I'll finish before my holiday break ends) and I was wondering if someone on here might be able to help me with a question. What are all the _______stuck things from? Like "matroyshkastuck" and stuff like that. Is it a fan thing or a tumblr things? (or both?). I don't have tumblr so I really have no idea.

I made a fleece hat with Gamzee horns and I was thinking of making a costume for a small con coming up at the end of January. The Can Town Project is going to be happening there and I wanted to participate. With all of these _____stuck things, do you think it's appropriate to make a non-canon costume? Does the costume need to be from a particular _____stuck to be appropriate/acceptable at a Homestuck gathering or photoshoot?
Hm, they do usually seem to come from Tumblr but that's mostly just because most of the fandom resides on there. They're not exactly Tumblr things though, just fan things in general.
It's totally fine to make a non-canon costume!

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #548
twisted FATE

So now that we've seen Dave's god tier sprite, it's apparent that his pants actually have a stripe going down the side -- they look like track pants, really. I've been trying to hunt around for a suitable pair, but the closest thing I can find is this. Do you think this is a close enough match, or should I keep searching? :/
twisted FATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #549
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted FATE View Post
So now that we've seen Dave's god tier sprite, it's apparent that his pants actually have a stripe going down the side -- they look like track pants, really. I've been trying to hunt around for a suitable pair, but the closest thing I can find is this. Do you think this is a close enough match, or should I keep searching? :/
The colour might not be exactly perfect but those look like a pretty good match to me! I'd say it's still best to keep looking though and having a logo on them kind of ruins it but they'd still work if you couldn't find anything better.
You could always sew the stripe onto a plain pair yourself, if you wanted.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #550
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Quote:

They usually rise from tumblr, yes. And I it's totally acceptable to wear other AU's (that's what they are, correct?) to photoshoots and gatherings. I think they are rather unique!

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #551
sakuratyan
coolkid of summer stars

Quote:
Well, they're over tumblr a lot but it's not necessarily a tumblr thing. They're just crossovers or AUs, like Personastuck or Samuraistuck.

On an unrelated note, I'm sad to even say I won't be able to finish Redglare by the time Anime LA comes up, and because I don't have troll paint I can't exactly do god-tier Vriska. I'm either going to do a humanstuck!Vriska or Jade in one of her outfits.

completed:
Jake English (Homestuck, default outfit) // Vriska Serket (Homestuck, Humanstuck!God Tier)
Unread 12-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #552
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Eridan's rings are posing as a pain in the ass. I have no idea what all the jewels look like, so I'm just guessing with all these multiple-shaped purple ones I bought from Hobby Lobby with a couple of gold and silver ones in and hope they work ;n;
What do you guys think? Just purple? Purple with silver? Purple with gold? Purple with blue to match his outfit? A mixture? Dx

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #553
sakuratyan
coolkid of summer stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
Eridan's rings are posing as a pain in the ass. I have no idea what all the jewels look like, so I'm just guessing with all these multiple-shaped purple ones I bought from Hobby Lobby with a couple of gold and silver ones in and hope they work ;n;
What do you guys think? Just purple? Purple with silver? Purple with gold? Purple with blue to match his outfit? A mixture? Dx
I think purple with gold would be your best bet. I'm not so sure about his rings, but I think he has one with his sign on it as well.

completed:
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #554
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuratyan View Post
I think purple with gold would be your best bet. I'm not so sure about his rings, but I think he has one with his sign on it as well.
I've got that one, it came out really well. Now i just gotta find a place that sells gold bands to but them on >.>

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:31 AM   #555
prussiaxhungary

Hell yeah. I'm finishing up my Tavros cosplay. Funny thing is my girlfriends a virgo so she's Kanaya if i am correct.
prussiaxhungary is offline   Reply With Quote