Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #631
NerdyNinjaSaur

@LockedxxHeart Thank you so much for that! I figured I'd have to style it and that one looks lovely. I'll definitely keep these people in mind when I'm looking around for my next wig. I hope your Kanaya and Signless cosplays go well by the way. I'm helping my friend with everything except sewing for hers, and I'm already excited to do the chainsaw.
Dave Strider (Planning Stage)
NerdyNinjaSaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #632
ayaasan

Yay! My Nepeta cosplay is officially complete! That hat was a huge pain in the rear to draft, but I love it--I'd be more than happy to share the pattern, if anyone is interested (But lets admit it, she was mainly an excuse to make fluffy paw booties, lol)

@NerdyNinjaSaur: for the sheer amount of *FLOOF!* in Gamzee's hair, I'd highly recommend a Jareth from Arda as a base wig--

http://arda-wigs.com/Jareth.html

As for Kanaya, I'm planning on using the same wig as Nepeta--a magnum from Arda: http://arda-wigs.com/Magnum.html, but I also think that this would be a very cute base wig--http://www.epiccosplay.com/12-black-...splay-wig.html

@axiomatic--you're totally welcome

Last edited by ayaasan : 02-20-2012 at 08:25 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #633
LockedxxHeart

@ ayaasan: Congrats on completing your Nepeta cosplay, I bet it looks great.

@NerdyNinjaSaur - Glad you like it. The wig that ayaasan recommended is nice too! Hope you pick out the perfect Gamzee wig though!
And thank you! No idea when I'll begin those, since I have to make tons of props and such.
That's sweet that you're helping your friend with her Kanaya cosplay. Oooh, you're even making her chainsaw? AWESOME. I'd love to see pictures of it once you guys finish!
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #634
NerdyNinjaSaur

@ayaasan Thanks for your help! I'll keep these in mind too and let my friend know about the Kanaya wig. We were both hoping to get our trolls done as quickly as possible so this helps a lot. And congrats on getting your Nepeta done! Do you have pictures up yet because I'd love to see them? I have to admit the shoes would be a good enough excuse to cosplay her.

Edit: @LockedxxHeart Your welcome. Yeah my friend and I are jumping into the cosplay world together so we quickly learned what we are good at. I'm going to be making her chainsaw and horns as long as she helps when I completely mess up any and all fabric because sewing is not my friend. XD I'll make sure to post some pictures and link it in this thread so people can see them.

Last edited by NerdyNinjaSaur : 02-20-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #635
ayaasan

@NerdyNinjaSaur--You're welcome :3 I'll have more pics up after debuting her at Wonder Con next month, but here's the makeup test--
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3135132/
and mah paw booties: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3137623/

I also plan on doing a photoshoot at the museum of man so that I can take advantage of the walk-through neanderthal caves
Unread 02-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #636
Lauriana

Hello! I thought i'd join all the newcomers as well. I just finished my alpha dave cosplay and am currently working on a scarlet ribbitar (only about 40% done).
I have about 4 more homestuck cosplays i'm planning on doing (jade, john, karkat and terezi >.< i have no idea how they popped up on my cosplay list but they did!)and i have a decent amount progress on pretty much all of them.

@indigofirebird the iron on sheets are around $7 for 3/4 sheets at micheals craft store and about the cargo shorts and his overshirt i would look in the guys section in like walmart or target

@dawnkestrel i would love to see pictures of your davesprite but i dont really know much about the signless cosplay

@ ayaasan congrats on finishing your nepeta cosplay!
Lauriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #637
DawnKestrel
The easily confused one

@Kiega with the sprite reference I've found (mainly from Cascade), I think Davesprite's skin is orange, Jadesprite's is green etc. But because of other references like their computer sprite forms, it really can be taken either way. I'd mainly say that if you were going to make a white dress, go for white skin, green dress go for green skin. But going with normal coloured skin seems to be fine too - it can even be better if you're not confident with applying the makeup evenly in my opinion.
Also, thanks for the advice on Signless I'll be making it so the hood can be taken down, though it's the righteous leggings I'm more worried about xD

@Lauriana I've got a couple of pictures up here, though I still need to resize a few so they can be uploaded. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/414491/

Next costumes
Rodea from Rodea the Sky Soldier
Raikou from Pokemon
Haou from Yu-Gi-Oh
Jesse from Yu-Gi-Oh
DawnKestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #638
NerdyNinjaSaur

@ayaasan You look great as Nepeta! Those booties and hat are simply lovely too! I have to admit they seem to be some of the best I've seen. :3 I never would've thought to go to a museum like that for a photoshoot. Sounds like loads of fun.

@Lauriana Welcome to the club I guess. Sounds like you have a nice little list going for you there! I'm trying not to get a huge list for Homestuck but it seems to be a curse. I just can't help but want to do loads of them. I look forward to seeing yours as you complete the list. XD
Unread 02-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #639
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I went to Midlands Expo as Eridan on Saturday and had an awesome time! I'm currently in the process of uploading photos

Somehow, I managed to get no individual shots of me on my own camera though I did get some really nice pairing shots so I'm happy.

Also, a friend convinced me to be a Homestuck ancestor for their group but I'm having a problem choosing between Her Imperious Condescension and The Disciple.

The sort of problem I'm having with them (who I'm having trouble deciding between, I've asked others but pretty much got a 50/50 response between people) is that they've only been shown as stillouhettes with some detail on them. It isn't really a bad thing since that means I can get creative and go with what suits me best but I'm just worried about 'not doing it right' u__u

I'm kind of more tempted to cosplay Her Imperious Condescension at the moment since I just think it'd be a really cool (but painful... those huge horns and huge mass of hair) cosplay if I could get it right and she's less cosplayed and I just really like seadwellers and her character from what we know of her.

If I did cosplay her, I'd probably go with a design like one of these: http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...pawbo1_500.png or http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ngl9o1_500.png
Which one do you think looks better??

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #640
purplevix
Daigakusei

So, I just wanted to wander in here and show you guys my stabs.

And to let those of you heading to ACen 2012 know, that I'll be finishing up my Jack Noir :3

====> [SS] Go to the convention

Here's some pics w/explanations of what I've done so far on the wings:
http://i.imgur.com/7sczH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hcZSG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3nDZp.jpg

God Tier Jade - Need better hood, tights - otherwise 90%
Jack Noir - 20%
(Possible) Ika Musume - Squid Girl - 0%

Last edited by purplevix : 02-22-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added links to pics
purplevix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #641
NerdyNinjaSaur

@ToroSonyCat Let me just say that you make an adorable Eridan! Okay now that that is outta the way, I'd love to help you pick an outfit but for some reasons the links aren't working on my end. Hopefully its just me so that other people can help, but if you do decide to go with the Condescension I shall wish you all the luck with that mess of hair and huge horns. I imagine they will be difficult to handle. XD

@purplevix Awesome work on the wings so far! I bet they will be awesome when their done.
Unread 02-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #642
Kiega

@DawnKestral: Oh thanks! It was a bit iffy on the makeup part, but I think I'll be avoiding the majority of it due to my inexperience (and the fact that I haven't used it at all ever yet). Already made the ears and bought excess white/fur fabric, so I'll mostly go with the white with a tint of green spray from a meter away if it works, which I'll test when it's time.

For the RITEOUS PANTS, if you are going the route, I've seen the blood be manually painted on as long as the material isn't the type to get run through easily, as vague as it sounds :\
- Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- ?
- ?
Kiega is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #643
Strawberrylawli

Can somebody please tell me where to find a jade and dave shirt not online?
Strawberrylawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #644
ayaasan

@Strawberrylawli: I could be wrong, but I think that whatpumpkin.com is contracted with Andrew Hussie and it's an online only company. They're pretty easy shirts to make with iron-on transfers, though. My local Michaels even carries baby-doll fit tees now
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #645
LockedxxHeart

@Stawberrylawli - What ayaasan said is right. I know you said not online, but you really should look into What Pumpkin and Topatoco, they do sell both those shirts. I believe Topatoco will have the ones you are looking for.
I own the Dave shirt from them, and I love it so much. It's surprisingly comfortable and soft.
The main reason why I encourage buying from these shops is because when you purchase from said shops, Hussie gets some money. So in the end, you get to support Hussie for his awesome comic and get what you want! Which, IMO, is a win-win situation!

Last edited by LockedxxHeart : 02-23-2012 at 11:39 PM.
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote