Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #706
MercuryLampe
based minto

I've tried my very hardest to stay away from Homestuck cosplay, but I just really want to do Aranea.
Just wow, what a character.
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #707
Karentheknight

At indigoFirebird: !!! I'm probably just going to get white jeans, and leave them white? I'm not sure yet. To be honest?? If I don't use white face paint (for some reason?) I would probably get really really light blue face paint if I have to, since I really like it when sprite cosplays do it that way instead of just going, well plain old white face paint or no face paint at all!! I'm going to try and wear eye shadow too for this? Blue eye shadow and stuff along with the lipstick and eye liner.

I'll do that if I don't get the blue wig I really like.
I actually really like the thought of a blue jacket!! I might use a blue jacket if I don't use a white jacket, ahaha.

THank you!!!!
Karentheknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #708
Convulsive
My name is Kan

I never would have intended Homestuck to take over my cosplay list the way it has when I first started reading....

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #709
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Wow, I haven't checked here in a while! Sorry guys u__u

Still working on completely finishing Eridan cause I wanna improve the cosplay with some better horns + cape + Ahabs Crosshairs and also working on Sollux who is almost done already!! I should get a test done tomorrow, maybe...

I'm having a dilemma about the wig though. Some help, maybe?

well, I'm really conflicted on it. I recieved it about a week ago but only took it out of the packaging the other day. It was.. slightly disappointing. Not a terrible wig but definitely my new least favourite. To start with, I really can't work out the colour of it? It's supposed to be black and it LOOKS black except when some light shines on it and it seems to have brown tones/highlights. Maybe I can sharpie it to get it blacker.
But aside from the colour, I'm not 100% sure on the wig itself. The only thing I like about it is that the fringe part is pretty perfect. Aside from that, theres little to no hair to style on it and it seems the hair is uneven on one side or something since it's near impossible to get either side to look the same (though to be honest, I didn't put TOO much effort into attempting to style it so what you see in the photos is... yeah, not good I know)
I'm kinda unhappy with this wig, he's some rubbish photos so you can see what I mean:

I wanna try and work with it though since I don't really want to be buying another and the style at the front is actually really good in my opinion, that's my headcanon for how Sollux's hair is at the front and I think it's accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
I never would have intended Homestuck to take over my cosplay list the way it has when I first started reading....
Same here, it's insane. When you cosplay Homestuck once, it literally takes over all your cosplay plans. It's a law.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #710
AudioCat

Hey. I've been lurking here for a while. I have read every single page.

I was just wondering what conventions are between September 2012 and January 2013 in the USA? I'm wondering because my mom doesn't want me to buy stuff until i know what i'm going to.

Also is model magic best for making horns for a beginner? This will be my first ever cosplay / first attempt at making horns.

Just to let you know i'm going as Sollux Captor :P

EDIT: Also what wig would you recommend for Sollux?
AudioCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #711
Lauriana

Haven't been on here in a while :l

@Audiocat- The only conventions that I know of that are in that season is PMX (Pacific media expo) and ALA (anime los angeles). Model Magic is cheap but it cracks. if your just starting out it should be good to get a feel with making and shaping horns though.

@Kuko-chan- honestly I think you would make a great human Snowman
Lauriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #712
Strawberrylawli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
lol i dont anybody ever thinks it will
Strawberrylawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #713
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I did a Sollux cosplay test (in my gallery) since I've practically finished it now and I'm actually way happier with it than I thought I would be so yay!!

I just need to get some teeth now and maybe fix my wig some more... could anyone please recommend me some good Sollux teeth?? ><

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #714
AudioCat

Is anyone else going to OtaCon?
AudioCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #715
NerdyNinjaSaur

@AudioCat Cons all depend on where you live to be honest unless your going to be okay with traveling. I think ALA and Dragon*Con are going on between the times you said. Model Magic does just fine for beginners. Just be careful if you ever do some of the larger horns out there because they seem to do better if you can find a way to stand them up. Also be prepared for them to take a week to dry or possibly more depending on where you live.

@Spazmodic I know the feeling. I haven't even completed the first one yet and I already have a list. Plus I managed to sucker another friend into liking it so that means I'll be helping make yet another persons costumes.

On that note does anyone know any good genderbend Eridan designs. My friend doesn't want to do a March!Eridan style, but instead wants it to be a little more 'toned down' so to speak. If we can't find a good design that still has some of the main points of his outfit (his scarf and possibly cape) then we will probably work on attempting to make our own design.
Dave Strider (Planning Stage)
NerdyNinjaSaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #716
BeepBeepMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyNinjaSaur View Post
On that note does anyone know any good genderbend Eridan designs. My friend doesn't want to do a March!Eridan style, but instead wants it to be a little more 'toned down' so to speak. If we can't find a good design that still has some of the main points of his outfit (his scarf and possibly cape) then we will probably work on attempting to make our own design.
I have a couple, though they're all rather similar.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7761273...ream/lightbox/

(my personal favourites are the first and the fourth~)
Sorry I don't have more of a variety (I thought I did..), but I hope you friend can find a design they like, and good luck on your own cosplay!
BeepBeepMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #717
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
I'm having a dilemma about the wig though. Some help, maybe?
Nobody answered you yet, so lemme weigh in. I think the style looks damn near perfect; the fringe really makes it and any slight inaccuracies in the sides are pretty unimportant in comparison. I didn't notice any, certainly.

The color you got looks like "off-black" instead of true black. A dark blue Sharpie or just the blue and black from a standard three-color office pack should do you.

Your Sollux is going to look great, you have his mope down already.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #718
mylove
hipster princess tavros

Yay Homestuck cosplayers ♥‿♥
hello.
mylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #719
flammingcorn

I'm needing some Homestuck cosplay help, but not for myself. XD See, I'm being Karkat (and that's coming along pretty smooth), but my little cousin popped up wanting to be a troll too to match me. Well, long story short, we tried for a troll who has a little makeup as possible because she doesn't like that sorta thing, The best I could come up with was Nepeta since she's got the trench coat and all that jazz. She also fit her personality pretty well, and it seemed like a good deal.

The problem now is finding a trench coat for her. We're on a pretty strict budget, and a trench coat of the right color is hard to find, especially for our price range. The cool part is, I have a fairly olive-colored trench coat I used for my Walter Kovac cosplay a few years back. It looks like it can squeak past as a Nepeta coat in a tight pinch. Of course, it's only FAIRLY olive colored and has more of a gray-brown tint to it.

What I wanted to know was, do you guys think it could pass enough to work in a tight situation? The picture makes it look a little more gray than it is, but it's pretty close.

This is it.

Please tell me what you think. Thanks, guys!

---

Current con I'm attending:
N/A

Current cosplays I'm doing:
N/A

Cosplays I might be doing:
The Batter
Good Cop/Bad Cop

Current cosplays I'm working on:
N/A
flammingcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #720
Lady Shinsei
~ Duelist of Heart ~

Cool

@ flammingcorn: Looks like a decent coat to me. Removing the buttons from it would certainly be a big help, though (did that with the coat I have).

@ AudioCat: If you're literally able to go anywhere in the country to attend a con, then some cons around my part of the US might be awesome to try... PAX Prime (Aug 31 - Sept 2; downtown Seattle, WA) and AkiCon (Oct 26 - 28; Bellevue, WA).

And does anyone have good tips for footwear to use/make for a Signless cosplay?

Check out my DeviantArt page if you wish = Kara-Kazeneko

Cosplay WIP = Rex Raptor (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Rinku (Yu Yu Hakusho), God Tier Jane (Homestuck), my own gijinka version of Majesty (oldschool MLP), Clay (Pokemon B&W), and renovating existing stuff.
Lady Shinsei is offline   Reply With Quote