Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #751
Lady Shinsei
~ Duelist of Heart ~

Talking

About those con horror story bits - most of it is just basic tales of HS cosplayers doing rude or incredibly lame & jerky stuff to other congoers or each other. Being loud & obnoxious, honking horns in people's faces/ears, being very rudely in the way of people, graffiti on con spaces, leaving messes wherever they were sitting (a few people did this at one of our local cons & my sister badly wanted to chase after & yell at them for being so inconsiderate), as well as big stuff like harassing people over what character they're cosplaying (Vriska a fave target of such abuse), a Terezi up at a con in Canada stole a blind man's cane & waved it around until a friend of mine grabbed it from her to give it back, and someone at a con in London stole a Tavros' wheelchair who literally needed it & they didn't get it back for hours (poor Tav had to sit on the stairs all that time; and rumors spread around the con like wildfire that the chair was stolen from a non-congoer. This con in particular, besides this incident, is known online for having some of the worst HS related offenses ever - including a Gamzee honking his horn in the ear of a Hetalia cosplayer that resulted in her going permanently deaf in that ear).

@ Thiayn = I'm sure someone somewhere might have a tutorial online on how to make it. If not, go hunting for pics of a decently made one online & ask its creator on how they made it...

Check out my DeviantArt page if you wish = Kara-Kazeneko

Cosplay WIP = Rex Raptor (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Rinku (Yu Yu Hakusho), God Tier Jane (Homestuck), my own gijinka version of Majesty (oldschool MLP), Clay (Pokemon B&W), and renovating existing stuff.
Lady Shinsei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #752
kAZbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Shinsei View Post
About those con horror story bits - most of it is just basic tales of HS cosplayers doing rude or incredibly lame & jerky stuff to other congoers or each other. Being loud & obnoxious, honking horns in people's faces/ears, being very rudely in the way of people, graffiti on con spaces, leaving messes wherever they were sitting (a few people did this at one of our local cons & my sister badly wanted to chase after & yell at them for being so inconsiderate), as well as big stuff like harassing people over what character they're cosplaying (Vriska a fave target of such abuse), a Terezi up at a con in Canada stole a blind man's cane & waved it around until a friend of mine grabbed it from her to give it back, and someone at a con in London stole a Tavros' wheelchair who literally needed it & they didn't get it back for hours (poor Tav had to sit on the stairs all that time; and rumors spread around the con like wildfire that the chair was stolen from a non-congoer. This con in particular, besides this incident, is known online for having some of the worst HS related offenses ever - including a Gamzee honking his horn in the ear of a Hetalia cosplayer that resulted in her going permanently deaf in that ear).
See, news of people doing things like this, regardless of what they're cosplaying or even out of cosplay, make me really sad. I literally can't understand why people would think this sort of behaviour is alright :'C I really feel for that poor Tavros

On a happier note, I've got my iron on transfers for Karkat and Nepeta done, as well as the base of their horns :33 I've decided to cosplay as Nepeta as well now lol, seeing as how she's my patron troll an all.

Edit : Which wig do you guys think would work best for Nepeta? I love both, but the longer one could be styled more to do the flicky thing hers do at the ends, but the short one is just too cute as well ASDKAJGLAIK

Costumes in progress

Ness (Earthbound)
Iwamine Shuu (Hatoful Boyfriend)

Last edited by kAZbear : 06-18-2012 at 07:07 AM.
kAZbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #753
Chirijiradin
Can totally rock pink

Hey, all.

First time posting in this section, but I have a bit of a conundrum.

For a Sawtooth cosplay I desperately want to do, I need to make his face and hands.

I don't have access to Wonderflex, but I have some thin sheet steel in the basement. I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for trying to make a mask of sorts for the face, as the hands I could just re-purpose an Automail pattern.

Help?

Last edited by Chirijiradin : 06-18-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Chirijiradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #754
J-tective
A wizard did it.

Hey. I'm not a HomeStuck cosplayer but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. There's a few cosplays I want to do and they require black and grey skinny jeans. I've seen a few HS cosplayers wear grey skinny jeans for their cosplays and I was just wondering where you guys get your jeans. I know it's a stupid question but I don't have time to go out and look myself. And just to clarify, I'm talking about skinny jeans specifically, NOT jeggings. (I hate jeggings.... ugh).

Thanks in advance!
J-tective is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #755
kAZbear

@J-tective

Personally, I got mine from K-mart for like, 20 dollars. I think most department store type places would have them too, otherwise E-Bay? I've seen a few good pairs there

Costumes in progress

Ness (Earthbound)
Iwamine Shuu (Hatoful Boyfriend)
kAZbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #756
Monniemoo
Call Me M

Hey! So, I'm making a Disciple cosplay, and I've reached a problem...I have a dress, but I don't know how to shred the bottom of it. My problem is not the shredding itself, but shredding it so it has that nice thin taper like the bottom of her dress. Any suggestions?
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #757
sakuratyan
coolkid of summer stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-tective View Post
Hey. I'm not a HomeStuck cosplayer but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. There's a few cosplays I want to do and they require black and grey skinny jeans. I've seen a few HS cosplayers wear grey skinny jeans for their cosplays and I was just wondering where you guys get your jeans. I know it's a stupid question but I don't have time to go out and look myself. And just to clarify, I'm talking about skinny jeans specifically, NOT jeggings. (I hate jeggings.... ugh).

Thanks in advance!
You can get them from most department stores, depending where you live. If there is a Ross store near you you will most likely find a pair between $8-20 (I got mine for cheap from there, at least $10 but the prices really do vary).

completed:
Jake English (Homestuck, default outfit) // Vriska Serket (Homestuck, Humanstuck!God Tier)
sakuratyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 04:30 AM   #758
Karentheknight

So i'm almost done with my Tavrisprite cosplay! I just need the wig and to finish painting the horns and to put them on my headband and I'll be done!
I already have everything else, thankfully. Although, I won't be able to actually finish it till my wig will arrive, which may happen in September, depending on how late I'll be able to order the wig (I don't have enough money for the wig currently.)
But!!! The whole cosplay WILL be done just in time for Aki-con! so anyone going to that Washington convention should see me as Tavrisprite.
Karentheknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #759
LostLittleWitch
Please cut the lights D:

Does anyone know where to find a good coat or jacket for Nepeta? Would a military surplus store be a good place to look?
Unread 07-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #760
akanishi

Feferi Cosplay

Hi everybody. I don't know if I've posted around the forums before, but I'm going to be basically making my cosplay debut this year with Feferi Peixes, and I'd like to ask for your opinion/pointers on my costume.

I've made my horns already. Yay, one thing done! I've got materials for the necklaces and bracelets, but as for the bangles I'm not so sure what I should do. I've read that styrofoam might be a good route to go.

I need something explained to me. What exactly do arm socks/leg socks look like? Would they match the tone of the Ben Nye (or other make-up if I decide not to go with that brand)?

I intend to get a plain black one piece swimsuit and have her skirt be like a cover up (with a kind of sheer material), thankfully I have access to a sewing machine and my grandmother was a seamstress, so I have that in order.

I know Crocs are kind of... not fashionable, but I feel like they'd be good for Feferi since they're kind... of water shoes? There used to be these shoes that I called Jellies or something that were always pink and were a type of water shoe, but I don't know if they're sold anymore, or even if they'd be available in my size (my feet are... quite problematic when it comes to fitting shoes so :x)

There's like, a looot more I could gab about but I've made a checklist of what I need to buy and I hope that I'll be able to get a complete costume trial done before I go to the con... o/ It's Otakon, by the way, and I'm a little worried about things shipping in time (if I do indeed order them online).

Um, thank you o/
akanishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #761
Monniemoo
Call Me M

akanishi: Arm socks are basically really long, skin-tight gloves that you can wear instead of having makeup all over your arms. You can sew them yourself out of tights, or you can buy them - I sewed mine, so I don't exactly know where you'd by them from, but lots of online Homestuck cosplay help sites can point you in the right direction. Whichever one you find, it helps it look more realistic if you glue on fake nails. Since you're using a bathing suit, if you make it out of tights, you can do what I'm doing for the Signless - cut a hole in the crotch and use that as a collar for it, then the gray would cover the shoulders to have them be gray too. It does take a long time to sew them, though, so I don't know how that would compare to buying them. Sorry I wasn't more helpful >.<

I have another question: I'm helping my girlfriend put together a human!Terezi cosplay out of her wardrobe. We've got the cane, glasses, and wig, and for the outfit, we're going with red flats, black jeans, and a teal shirt. However, she has a necklace that she always wears, and it can't be hidden in that shirt. Does anyone have any ideas what she could wear to cover up the necklace that would still look Terezi?
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #762
The Curly Squid
Funsized Cosplayer

Nepeta's Trench Coat?

Hey all, don't know if this has already been posted here (It probably has >m>) but I'm looking for help with Nepeta's (in)famous trench coat.
Preferably if you know any chain stores in the UK/Ireland that sell if not similar trench coats to hers or if you have any patterns that resemble the coat.
Thanks so much ^///^
☆〜 Sealand - Hetalia (90%) 〜☆
☆〜 Nepeta Leijon - Homestuck (20%) 〜☆
☆〜 Cian - RETRO SHEEK (15%) 〜☆
☆〜God Tier Dave - Homestuck (10%) 〜☆
The Curly Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #763
Schweigie
--

I actually ordered some glasses for another cosplay but they turned out to be bigger than I thought it would be. I can't really use them for what I was originaly planning but they would be great for Jade! I think I will cosplay her instead of Rose so I can get some use out of these glasses. I am thinking God Tier or Dead Shuffle.

If anyone was curious: http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMAG1726.jpg

I also have friend who will be making her first home-made cosplay of Aradiabot(that she has asked me to help out with) and we cannot figure out those spheres on her shoulders. Does anyone have any ideas?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...radia.png/sr=1

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #764
Tsukino Sora

For anyone who is interested in Homestuck-related cosplay panels, I've started a blog on tumblr for people to ask/submit questions in order to prepare for panels. I also might allow people to submit video answers to questions in the future, but who knows!

Anyway, if you want to see it, you can find it here. I'm pretty sure this is related to Homestuck cosplay, but if it isn't wanted here, then I apologize.
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #765
ametheneko
Fickle Cosplayer

Quote:
I also have friend who will be making her first home-made cosplay of Aradiabot(that she has asked me to help out with) and we cannot figure out those spheres on her shoulders. Does anyone have any ideas?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...radia.png/sr=1
I'd suggest perhaps following this tutorial for Vriska's robotic arm? (ironic to follow a Vriska tutorial for an Aradiabot...) My friend recently cosplayed Brobot, and we followed that and it worked out relatively well? But in your case, you might want to mold the foam over a bowl or something to get the circular shape that you're looking for? It might not be perfect, and she probably won't be able to raise her arm above her head, but it should look okay for the shoots? You could make a sort of helmet-like shame and then have a strap of velcro or elastic to keep it on. The elastic might get a little uncomfortable after a while, but it might work? Haha, I'm sorry, I'm sort of spit-balling here.

If that doesn't work, though, all I can really suggest is perhaps messaging this Aradiabot and asking her what she did to make hers? Hopefully she'll be willing to help!

In-Progress Cosplay
Sephiroth - FFVII: Advent Children - 5%
Agent Maine- Red vs Blue - 5%
Hiccup - HTTYD2 - 80%

The Bet Is Off
tumblr
ametheneko is offline   Reply With Quote