Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #106
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

@Axelai - I'm a Hetalia and Homestuck fan. I don't really get the 'rivalry', the series aren't related at all.
Your horns look great so far, by the way!

I'm finding it hard to resist letting Homestuck completely take over all of my cosplay plans.
I've already cosplayed John's default and God Tier outfits. Planning to cosplay Nepeta. Will probably cosplay Dave's alpha outfit because all I need for that is sunglasses and I really like Dave so seriously how can I resist? I'm also considering cosplaying Gamzee lately because he's really growing on me a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
My thoughts: it's not for everyone. I can totally see how it's boring. But it hits my sense of humour perfectly and I bloody love the characters so I just got sucked right into it. So far, I don't hate any of the characters... and the ones I thought I really didn't like (hi, Vriska!) ended up changing my opinions over time. And now I have to wait patiently for new updates, sigh. I'd totally reread those thousands of pages again though. Also, I am in love with the music. Just throwing that in there too.
This is pretty much my view on it too!
I can see how others may find it boring but I love everything about it.

I love the story, I love the characters, I love the jokes/humour, I love the fandom, I love Hussie (Not many people can entertain me with everything they say as Hussie does), I love everything.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi

Last edited by ToroSonyCat : 07-26-2011 at 09:51 AM.
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #107
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Ugh, fandom wars. Get out >:I I really don't get the point of fandom wars. I've only really encountered it with Digimon fans who automatically scout me as a "hater" because I'm a Pokémon fan. Like, what? Nope. Try again.
The only Homestuck cosplayers I've met irl are also Hetalia cosplayers 8D

The horns look awesome so far!
People get so confused when I tell them I love both Pokemon and Digimon. Well excuse me for not discriminating as a child XD

And thanks :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
@Axelai - I'm a Hetalia and Homestuck fan. I don't really get the 'rivalry', the series aren't related at all.
Your horns look great so far, by the way!
Its because a lot of Hetalia fans switched fandoms. They moved on to Homestuck, because its more "mature" of a fandom. Then they proceed to act like they never liked Hetalia, its full of weeaboos, etc. And just bring on the hate. I've seen friendships completely torn apart over this. Its... really childish. Even if I end up switching fandoms, I'll still love the Hetalia fandom with all my being. It was a lot of fun, and a great fandom. I'm still very much active in it, even with cosplaying Homestuck.

Its just so stupid how a bunch of people who switched fandoms are turning it into this huge rivalry war. I mean, seriously?? I got so much hate at Comic Con for cosplaying Prussia. I'm really glad they didn't recognize my England, though, and were nice to me.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #108
IceBergTea
i'm 0kay with that 0u0

Quote:
My thoughts: it's not for everyone. I can totally see how it's boring. But it hits my sense of humour perfectly and I bloody love the characters so I just got sucked right into it. So far, I don't hate any of the characters... and the ones I thought I really didn't like (hi, Vriska!) ended up changing my opinions over time. And now I have to wait patiently for new updates, sigh. I'd totally reread those thousands of pages again though. Also, I am in love with the music. Just throwing that in there too.
My thoughts too,
Me and my brother like homestuck while my parents are like, "Wait what did we just read."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Its just so stupid how a bunch of people who switched fandoms are turning it into this huge rivalry war. I mean, seriously?? I got so much hate at Comic Con for cosplaying Prussia. I'm really glad they didn't recognize my England, though, and were nice to me.
DRAMADRAMADRAMA
It's pretty sad.

On happier(?) note;
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1311709672
I made a prop for Aradia, finally got a skirt like hers and, found a good wig.
NOW TO DO CHORES FOR THE FUNDS.
IceBergTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #109
Gabbyv23
That one chick

Quote:
If it weren't for that, I'd probably be enjoying Homestuck a bit more. Well, and if Dave didn't remind me so much of my ex boyfriend (LOL).
haha. Gamzee reminds me of my ex boyfriend.

I know that's... kind of sad, actually. X.X
Gabbyv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #110
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I changed my mind.

I love Homestuck now after getting to this page today.

*proceeds to blast that song repeatedly and air guitar around my living room*

Unread 07-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #111
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Its because a lot of Hetalia fans switched fandoms. They moved on to Homestuck, because its more "mature" of a fandom. Then they proceed to act like they never liked Hetalia, its full of weeaboos, etc. And just bring on the hate. I've seen friendships completely torn apart over this. Its... really childish. Even if I end up switching fandoms, I'll still love the Hetalia fandom with all my being. It was a lot of fun, and a great fandom. I'm still very much active in it, even with cosplaying Homestuck.

Ah D: I guess I get that, since I sorta switched fandoms a bit from Hetalia to Homestuck, I guess I forgot Hetalia a little and admittidly don't love it as much as I did since I found Homestuck since that's my current obsession, but I still really like it and all the friends I've made in that fandom. I like to think that I can still be part of the fandom too even if I'm not very active in it anymore and I definitely do not look down on any Hetalia cosplayers/fans considering that I still am one

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi

Last edited by ToroSonyCat : 07-27-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Unread 07-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #112
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Drama needs to get out. It's so pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBergTea View Post
My thoughts too,
Me and my brother like homestuck while my parents are like, "Wait what did we just read."
Oh god, my mum switched off as soon as I said I was reading a webcomic. She went "Aww, bless" and then I mentioned some stuff that happened in it, haha. Not so much "aww, bless" as "what the bloody hell are you reading that for?!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbyv23
haha. Gamzee reminds me of my ex boyfriend.
Gamzee really reminds me of a friend... a friend who reads Homestuck and has noticed the similarities himself. So now he deliberately acts like Gamzee towards me for amusement's sake :'D

Quote:
I changed my mind.

I love Homestuck now after getting to this page today.

*proceeds to blast that song repeatedly and air guitar around my living room*
That's one of the things that switched me from "this is pretty awesome" to "THIS IS THE BEST THING ON THE INTERNET", haha.

Quote:
Ah D: I guess I get that, since I sorta switched fandoms a bit from Hetalia to Homestuck, I guess I forgot Hetalia a little and admittidly don't love it as much as I did since I found Homestuck since that's my current obsession, but I still really like it and all the friends I've made in that fandom. I like to think that I can still be part of the fandom too even if I'm not very active in it anymore and I definitely do not look down on any Hetalia cosplayers/fans considering that I still am one
You can definitely still be in a fandom, even if you're more into another thing at the moment. Just because you've found something new, it doesn't make you a "bad Hetalia fan" or anything like that. I'm more into Homestuck than Pokémon right now but I'm not letting go of my Pokéfan status by any means
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #113
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
This is how many of my friends are about it. Some of them are just all "Hetalia doesn't interest me anymore, I got bored of it". Which is understandable, especially for those of them who have been in the fandom for three years now.

Some people I know, though, are claiming they never liked Hetalia, its full of "stupid weeaboos", etc. *sighs* Thats when it sucks, and when the rivarly began.

To counter it, I ship France/Dave.

Quote:
That's one of the things that switched me from "this is pretty awesome" to "THIS IS THE BEST THING ON THE INTERNET", haha.
I think I've watched that bit about 50 times now. Karkat's reactions make it THAT MUCH BETTER.

My girlfriend, who hates Homestuck, is thankfully putting up with me XD;;

Unread 07-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #114
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
I approve.

Quote:
I think I've watched that bit about 50 times now. Karkat's reactions make it THAT MUCH BETTER.

My girlfriend, who hates Homestuck, is thankfully putting up with me XD;;
I know, right? Every time it comes on iTunes (since I have all the Homestuck music downloaded), Karkat's reactions come to mind as the flash plays in my head.

Well, that's good! My best friend doesn't hate Homestuck, he just doesn't read it or know anything about it. He likes Nepeta since he thinks she's adorable, haha. But he sits and listens patiently as I go on and on and on about it to him, which is nice of him 8D
Unread 07-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #115
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Oh my god, guys. I decided while hanging with my Homebros today.

I'm cosplayign Davesprite. I actually got this shit ALL planned out. From how I'm doing the tail, as well as the fuckin sword in my belly. We're planning this out hardcore and its going to be siiiiiiiiiick.

...brb need money for orange fabric DX

Unread 07-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #116
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Er yo~ I didn't even mean to checkover here for a Homestuck cosplay thread *smacks self* lol

...so hi~ I plan on cosplaying Bro soon. lol I just need the hat and the gloves (surprisingly hard to find on island so will be buying them on ebay soon) Though I really want to do Vriska one day if I can manage the troll paint... (Not so much on the I know how to more of the time I plan on wearing it I don't have time to be getting it off and on.)
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #117
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Oh my god, guys. I decided while hanging with my Homebros today.

I'm cosplayign Davesprite. I actually got this shit ALL planned out. From how I'm doing the tail, as well as the fuckin sword in my belly. We're planning this out hardcore and its going to be siiiiiiiiiick.

...brb need money for orange fabric DX
YES YES YES YES YES. Davesprite cosplays are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9
...so hi~ I plan on cosplaying Bro soon.
/Brofists (...I couldn't resist :x)
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #118
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
/Brofists (...I couldn't resist :x)
Brofist back to ya~ lol (It's okay you've done it before to me and my awkwardness was like er....whatdoido!?! lol)
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:48 AM   #119
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Brofist back to ya~ lol (It's okay you've done it before to me and my awkwardness was like er....whatdoido!?! lol)
Bro always needs a brofist. It's like I just can't resist the terrible pun 8D
Unread 07-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #120
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Alright, my God Tier John cosplay is all finished and ready for Manchester Expo on Saturday I'm so excited!

Quote:
You can definitely still be in a fandom, even if you're more into another thing at the moment. Just because you've found something new, it doesn't make you a "bad Hetalia fan" or anything like that. I'm more into Homestuck than Pokémon right now but I'm not letting go of my Pokéfan status by any means
You're right, I agree! I hope nobody does think of me as a bad Hetalia fan because of it ><

Quote:
This is how many of my friends are about it. Some of them are just all "Hetalia doesn't interest me anymore, I got bored of it". Which is understandable, especially for those of them who have been in the fandom for three years now.

Some people I know, though, are claiming they never liked Hetalia, its full of "stupid weeaboos", etc. *sighs* Thats when it sucks, and when the rivarly began.

Ah DX
But ahahaha, nice way to counter it! XD

Ryuko Matoi - 25%