Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
TheQueenAmanda

Losing Breast Weight

This is a bit of an odd subject, but more than any where else on my body I need to lose breast weight.
I'm relatively thin and I'm an E cup. I weigh around 150 pounds and probably about 30 of it is in my chest. I know this is good for a lot of anime girls, but most of my favorite characters are smaller, like Medli from Zelda and Miku from Vocaloid.
I've been working out lately and I've only lost weight on my stomach. I'm planning on going to the doctor if nothing I try works, but does anyone here know of ways to keep the rest of my body normal and only lose chest weight?
TheQueenAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Archangelz
Accio burrito!

Everything I've heard and read about weight loss has suggested that losing weight is an all over thing. You can't target one specific area and lose weight just there. I'm sorry to say it too since my first thought when I read your post was how much of a strain that must put on your back (I've had back problems before which is just horrible). Good luck with your goals.

www.nerdangel.com

Member of Bacon-Flavored Cosplay
Archangelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
fadedsunrise02

Unfortunately, that must just be where you body likes carrying fat =/. Personally, I can kind of sympathize-I consider my arms and legs pretty thin/good looking, but my entire trunk section is disproportionately larger(kinda like Nyanko sensei over there oints left, because my fat is all distributed there. I work a lot, but it just makes the muscle firmer and the fat still present.

I'm not sure there is much you can do except continue doing what you're doing, focus on getting healthy in your eating(90% of fat loss is made in the kitchen), and getting stronger in your workouts. If you physically feel better from continuing your routine, but the chest size is not going down(and its causing you back problems), then perhaps you should look into asking your doctor.
fadedsunrise02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
distantarray

I dunno about 15 pounds on each breast lol, but maybe 10-15 for both? but most girls would kill for that problem lol, I'd recommend building up your chest muscles that'll help firm up the area and actually make them perkier and seem a little flatter. Unless you really decrease body fat % you won't really see too much of it shrinking if your already pretty thin, but then there are girls I know that don't look like they can lose much lose a lot of weight. There's a girl here that looked pretty good, but she still lost 20 pounds she did a abby chase cosplay. She looks amazing now.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #5
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

There really isn't much of a way to shrink what you already have if you are already a fit person. If you have insurance, it can sometimes cover reduction in size to avoid terrible back problems as you get older. You'll probably end up paying some of it, but if your insured from your job or elsewhere, 5-10% of the fee to pay will be well worth it. My mother had to get the same surgery years back, I'm just lucky I didn't inherite the problem. That saying, I have nothing against anyone who is well endowed, just wish it didn't have to be so painful later on for them. I have enough back and knee problems without anything bigger then a C. It isn't just implants that are reduced, breast reduction is a very common procedure. My mother has worked in hospitals for many years to know that. Though, it could depend on where you live, I don't know the exact legal specifications for every state, or even hospital.

I really wish I had a more simple answer to your problem.

I'd like to add though, if you are doing any sort of workout to try and reduce to size, good luck, and it's extremely important to have a good sports bra to keep everything still.. or else it will pull on your back and skin will stretch overtime. You probably already know this, but if your anything like me, you hate having to be constricted.

Last edited by Ragtime Mouth : 08-05-2010 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Added info.
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #6
distantarray

I know I say it all the time but sketchers shape ups should help with back pains too since it helps to fix your posture. Worth a try =)
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 02:15 AM   #7
GryffinclawHime
H.O.T Co-Founder

Your body doesn't want to loose the breast weight because you are in that time of life where you would need it for future children (I looked up your age on your profile). Therefore, it will be VERY difficult for you to loose chest weight because your body is keeping it for use with your babies. Our bodies are built to be used as incubators for our children and the breasts are a huge part in that because that is what feeds our children.
As you get older, it will be easier to loose breast weight but right now, good luck.

At 18 I'm 115 lbs with a 36D chest on the verge of a DD and my mom is even larger though not thin so we feel your pain. However, going to a doctor probably won't help very much. There is really no way to really exercise the chest itself for weight loss and normally the start of weight loss would be in the chest and the back. But like I said earlier, your body is holding onto that breast weight for the future.

Also, many would think of a breast reduction but only implants can be reduced, not the normal breast. The only way a doctor is even allowed to do a procedure to reduce breasts not enhanced by breast implants is if the size of your chest puts your life in danger in your line of work. I knew a police woman who had a fairly large chest but she had to get her chest reduced so she could wear her bullet proof vest safely.

So sadly, there is no way to keep your body the same and reduce your chest size. In your case, you would have to work off most of the fat from the rest of your body before it would start at your chest. This could be very unhealthy though and I would not recommend it without a physical.
GryffinclawHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 05:28 AM   #8
TheQueenAmanda

D: Oh man, I can't get reduction? That's mildly depressing. I didn't mention it in my first post, but most everyone has guessed I have back pain. It's mostly just stiff shoulders, but it still hurts. I was hoping I could opt to breast reduction someday, but I guess I'll just have to find some other way to lose it.

Anyway, I suppose I'll take a little of all the advice work out. I'm just worried I'll get too skinny, only making the weight of my breasts harder to hold. I could stand to be on a better diet too, not that I think any foods really enlarge breasts, but that might be contributing.

Thank you for all the advice and concern, everyone. I appreciate it ♥
Unread 08-05-2010, 05:43 AM   #9
Ragtime Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQueenAmanda View Post
D: Oh man, I can't get reduction? That's mildly depressing. I didn't mention it in my first post, but most everyone has guessed I have back pain. It's mostly just stiff shoulders, but it still hurts. I was hoping I could opt to breast reduction someday, but I guess I'll just have to find some other way to lose it.

Anyway, I suppose I'll take a little of all the advice work out. I'm just worried I'll get too skinny, only making the weight of my breasts harder to hold. I could stand to be on a better diet too, not that I think any foods really enlarge breasts, but that might be contributing.

You can get a breast reduction on real breast tissue, it is a fairly common procedure and is often recommended by doctors as soon as you start to have back problems for obvious reasons. Some people often do it for cosmetic purposes just as well as the enlarging, consult a plastic surgeon. Depending on your body type, weight, and breast size, they can give you a realistic reduction size to expect without it being too much of a strain on your body to handle. Even Wal-Mart workers have insurance that'll cover a lot of the cost, you may have to save $500-700, but that's nothing compared $9,000 or damage to your shoulders and back for the rest of your life.

Last edited by Ragtime Mouth : 08-05-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Unread 08-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #10
noirstar45

I would wait to get a breast reduction until your older. I had a friend back in high school who had a really large chest. At age 16, they did surgery. But I heard from a friend of mine that her boobs continued to grow bigger so she was at a C cup in her early 20's.

I think breast reduction is a fairly common practice now. But since your young some doctors may be leary. But it's something you'd have to discuss with your parents, since you're under the age of 18. Their insurance may or may not cover it. I think it doesn't fall under the same category as breast enlargement which is cosmetic. Breast reduction can benefit your health.
noirstar45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #11
Ragtime Mouth

I can fall under cosmetic for some, but usually is for health purposes. It all depends on the insurance company, they won't typically cover you if your over weight, or already a manageable breast size. And with your weight and bust size, I would never suggest you go under the knife at a young age, just for your own safety, it's just an open option.
Unread 08-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQueenAmanda View Post

You won't get too skinny some areas will just thin up more than others. you may have fat spread out all over the body, but muscle still exists all throughout the body arms and legs will have the most muscle so those wont shrink that much. you will see shrinkage in the torso and face the most probably.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #13
TheQueenAmanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
You won't get too skinny some areas will just thin up more than others. you may have fat spread out all over the body, but muscle still exists all throughout the body arms and legs will have the most muscle so those wont shrink that much. you will see shrinkage in the torso and face the most probably.
Lol, yeah. I have a baby face, so that'd actually be good too.

--

and for reduction, I wouldn't get it now. My family'd probably disapprove in the first place, and I don't want to make them spend a huge amount on me. I was just thinking I'd do it later in life. I can take the pain for now. ;]
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
GryffinclawHime
H.O.T Co-Founder

What I would do is work out your back and shoulders to make them stronger for the time being. This will help you deal with the stress. Also, get a really good bra that will support you but not pull you up. Something that just doesn't make you bounce around so the stress isn't on your shoulders. Pretty much the bra should just be like a hammock and your breasts should be hanging 'au natural.' This will take off the stress of the bra straps.
Then as you tone your shoulders and back you can tighten the straps little by little. Sooner or later you will be back at your starting strap length without the pain.
GryffinclawHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

I'm also an E Cup (but I wear DDD's in either denial of my real cup size or not being fitted properly.) So I know how you feel. But When I was working out frequently, I did lose SOME breast weight, but not a lot. I think if you are already pretty fit or you exercise regularly, you're not gonna lose much fat. But the breast reduction does seem like a good idea if you're having bad pains and it affects how you function. Hopefully you'll be covered more for insurance when they see it's not really for cosmetic reasons. If that doesn't work, I just recommend an amazing supportive bra. Good luck!

私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote