Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 08-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #1
noirstar45

Recipes

I know there are various posts that all ask the same thing about what to cook, what to eat.
I've disciplined myself to start exercising, but the cooking is the next thing on my things to really change. With menu choices at work ranging from $6-$12 finanically I need to cut back.

Kasinator has this link on his signature and I'll share it with y'll too. It's a great guide. Just print it and go to the grocery store.
What helps me if I plan my meals around foods that I'll buy.

http://www.beachbody.com/category/michis_ladder.do

Breakfast
Cottage Cheese
Honey
granola mix it up and it's a quick and tasty breakfast. Sometimes I eat this for my meal before bedtime. Hit Kasinator up if you really want to know the wonders of cottage cheese.

Lunch/Dinner
1 thing of cold soba. Cook according to directions.
Add sesame seed oil.
Add soy sauce.
(With these just use your judgement. More you add the more sodium you add to your meal. I tend to use more sesame seed oil than soy sauce. I add slowly until I get the right balance.)
1 cooked egg, sliced.
(you can add whatever meat you want, but I just prefer the egg.)
Add your favorite veggies. Normally I add thinly sliced cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, etc,
Then I add those seaweed flakes.
This is quick. While the water is boiling I cut the veggies and prep. I try and make enough to cover dinner and than lunch.

My Today's Lunch:
1 big handful of quoina pasta.
zuccini, brocolli, (or your choice of veggies)
chicken(or your protein choice)
For extra quick prep, either cook the chicken on a day you have time and keep it stored in your freezer or get those pre-cooked chicken bags. These can be major time savers.
Cook the chicken and veggies together.
When the quoina pasta is finished. Drain. Combine your protein and veggies with pasta. Top with your choice of sauce. Either olive oil for a really light meal or a spagetti sauce like Prego or Ragu. I prefer Prego seems to be more natural ingredients.
This took me 15 minutes to prepare. I came home tired, but forced myself to cook.

So feel free to share your favorite recipes.
noirstar45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Kasinator
Not quite human

Just so nobody is too confused with michi's ladder, ignore where it say says there is carbs in things like fruits and veggies. Those are simple carbs you do not necessarily have to worry about. Just group the foods as you normally would. I am also updating my sticky to my dieting page.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
distantarray

Amazing steak and Veggies.

8 ounce Ribeye NY strip or any decent cut of meat. COVER AND SMOTHER IT WITH SALT (don't worry you'll rinse it off completely) wait 30minutes rinse it off completely and towel dry. This is done to equalize the moisture in the steak, it won't make it too salty.

Cook on a pan on the stove set it on high, use smart balance cooking spray (healthy fats with flaxseed oil) set the stove on HIGH preheat before throwing the steak on, throw in a little smart balance butter, a little bit of Sake, and then throw in some veggies like broccoli and califlower. Also throw in some shitake mushrooms and enoki mushrooms and some regular white ones in there too cover and let it steam with the steak. FLIP THE STEAK ONCE after a few minutes depending on how you want the steak cooked, and set it on MEDIUM.

The veggies will be nice and delicious =)

People tend to stay away from fats, but if your getting in good fats which smart balance products have, your more than fine. Good fats will help lower cholesterol and give you good amount of energy.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.

Last edited by distantarray : 08-06-2010 at 09:24 AM.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
Raven2364

I love the lunch idea, sounds amazing.

Unfortunately for the breakfast idea... I hate cottage cheese. I'm seventeen, so it might just be something I will grow into. Any ideas for substitutes? Maybe just plain yogurt?
Raven2364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
noirstar45

I hated cottage cheese too. I think adding the granola helped me enjoy it more.

I've heard (not tried it yet) that Greek yogurt is healtier than regular yogurt. It has a lot of protein. But it's like $1-$2/cup. So I haven't tried it yet. I can get one tub of cottage cheese for $2 and change.
Regular yogurt is good. But it tends to be filled with the artificial sugars or high fructose corn syrup. I always check the label. But I still get Yoplait yogurts. But plain yogurt is awesome anytime.
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #6
Kasinator
Not quite human

Healthy ice cream!?! YES!

serves a family of four!

4 frozen bananas

1 cup of skim or soy milk

1 tablespoons of vanilla extract

tools: cutting board, knife, and blender

Freeze your bananas. when they are frozen take them out of freezer and cut them into small pieces so its easier to blend in your blender. fill the blender with the milk and then add your chopped frozen bananas along with the vanilla extract. blend on pulse and serve!

This recipe is best fresh. trying to store it can be a pain so keep that in mind.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Chihaku
Master of Mana

The ice cream sounds so good, but I don't have a blender. T.T

For lunch I just have whatever is lying around. xD But I'm going to end that Friday since that's my grocery store day.
Unread 08-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
Raven2364

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirstar45 View Post
I hated cottage cheese too. I think adding the granola helped me enjoy it more.

I've heard (not tried it yet) that Greek yogurt is healtier than regular yogurt. It has a lot of protein. But it's like $1-$2/cup. So I haven't tried it yet. I can get one tub of cottage cheese for $2 and change.
Regular yogurt is good. But it tends to be filled with the artificial sugars or high fructose corn syrup. I always check the label. But I still get Yoplait yogurts. But plain yogurt is awesome anytime.
I have had that greek yogurt, I really like it. When I buy \yogurt that's whaty I buy.

I never noticed yogurt had all that stuff in it before *so oblivious*

Maybe I will try cottage cheese like that. <3
Raven2364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
noirstar45

Yeah these food companies try and market "all natural" but half of it is bs. I was about to grab a bottle of cranberry juice because it sayd "all natural" and "healthy" it had high fructose corn syrup and splenda. How is that all natural? All natural artificial sugar? um??
(I'm anti-artificial sugar, most tend to give me migraines. I heard Truvia is great, but I haven't tried it yet. Splenda is my sure ticket to migraine.)

So don't grab stuff just because it says "healthy". Check the calories and ingredients.
Unread 08-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirstar45 View Post
Yeah these food companies try and market "all natural" but half of it is bs. I was about to grab a bottle of cranberry juice because it sayd "all natural" and "healthy" it had high fructose corn syrup and splenda. How is that all natural? All natural artificial sugar? um??
(I'm anti-artificial sugar, most tend to give me migraines. I heard Truvia is great, but I haven't tried it yet. Splenda is my sure ticket to migraine.)

So don't grab stuff just because it says "healthy". Check the calories and ingredients.
Even if it's all natural, all natural snake venom isn't great for you either =p

i hate how people automatically think "it's all natural so I know it's good for me" actually used that line in a commercial before I wanted to bang my head against the wall.....
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
Unread 08-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

mmmm snake venom sammich..

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriSmurfX View Post
mmmm snake venom sammich..
well i guess snake venom can be good for you, cause that's what botox is.... nice huh injecting snake venom into paralyzing your nerves for months to years XD
Unread 08-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #13
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

There is no way to respond to that in a pg-13 way lol

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #14
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriSmurfX View Post
There is no way to respond to that in a pg-13 way lol
perv :P