Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 08-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Irene

How to de-frizz a wig??

I have this MASSIVE frizz in my wig and idk how to get rid of it D; Someone has suggestions?

thankss~~!
Irene is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
KradsLover
The Cloaked Scheamer

Hmm..

well... I hear using a straightening iron on the LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTING sometimes works.

With my Ienzo wig, which had reccently been attacked by a dog, I used a wig brush (which can be bought online, at Sally's, or any other beauty store) and gently sprayed it with a spray bottle full of 1 part fabric softner and 2 parts water. It made the wig smell good and the fly aways stayed down for the most part, and it's very useful when you need to detangle the wig.

Only bad side is that the wig gets a bit stiffer, but to me that was good 'cause it kept it's shape with styling for longer than it use to.

I guess it all depends on how frizzy it is though.

Cosplays for 2011
Riku Replica- Kingdom Hearts (Re: ) Chain of Memories 15% done
Len Kagamine - Story of Evil Arc - Vocaloids 0.5% done
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler 0% done
Autumn themed Lolita - 0% done
South Italy - Hetalia - 0% done
KradsLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #3
air4akito

This happened to my Miku wig and I tried everything but nothing worked....I ended up cutting the frizzled part off.....but at least it still looks ok :/
air4akito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
KradsLover
The Cloaked Scheamer

Sometimes you do have to cut it, but I would wait until you've tright other methods first.. Maybe by that time most of it's defrizzed and it's just little ends.

Cosplays for 2011
Riku Replica- Kingdom Hearts (Re: ) Chain of Memories 15% done
Len Kagamine - Story of Evil Arc - Vocaloids 0.5% done
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler 0% done
Autumn themed Lolita - 0% done
South Italy - Hetalia - 0% done
KradsLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
heyyitsmags

I have a anti-static spray... (Static Guard; Blue can, orange cap)... Which does wonders on just about anything. Whether it is a clingy skirt or blouse or fly-aways and frizz.

For the wig; I would suggest giving this a try before you so much as look at a pair of scissors. Spray a little on a soft brush and gently brush out the area. It should flatten down completely. It smells a little funky but it wears away haha.

Trust me. I have an irish dance wig; http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/se.../Detail?no=255; We use this Static Guard to keep it from becoming a frizzy mess between storage and the actual wear!
Perhaps You'll Never U n d e r s t a n d.

Something Once Lost, Can Never Be R E T U R N ED.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cosplays in Progress;
Ciel Phantomhive; Pink Ballgown.
heyyitsmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Mane n'Tail Detangling Spray and Motions Oil Sheen also works well. Or washing it with a bit of conditioner. It sort of depends on what kind of frizz you have- is the fibre actually kinked up and bent, waved (in which case straightening it out usually fixes it), or is it just tangling easy and staticky? If it's the first one, usually the permanent solution is to cut off the kinked strands, but you'll probably save most of them by the above methods.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
VisualKeiEmo

Exclamation I have a question

My CC or C2 green cosplay wig became bent and snarrly and i dont want to cut it but i need to make it straight again what do i do please help me someone
VisualKeiEmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
hello-pear

If it's a really really bad frizz, you might just have to cut it off. That's unfortunately happened to me before, but sometimes it's just really bad and you know. It just happens. But usually, I mix any wig detangler and water, and it works. You can use a plastic comb that's made for human hair and a wire wig brush. Don't completely soak the wig, just get it a little bit damp. Don't forcefully brush the wig too hard, or the frizz will get WAY worse. You can use a blow dryer or flat iron on the lowest setting only. Don't hold it on there too long, though.
hello-pear is offline   Reply With Quote