Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #31
avskull
Seattle, WA cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirudesu View Post

I'd so be up for a cosplay flash dance though.
is that where everyone tears off their hollister tee shirts and starts dancing hare hare yukai, with power ranger suits on.

Unread 08-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #32
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

Actually, I was thinking about my outfits and I don't have the full cosplay down but I have a really nice skirt that took me forever to sew and I don't get to wear often enough. So I could wear it and be kinda cosplaying and everyone else will go "oh, interesting skirt" so I think I'll go with that plan instead. Just hope it isn't too hot that day or I may regret this choice.
Unread 08-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #33
Estarose

This is a nice idea and all but... why not just do it on Halloween? I doubt people are going to be going out in cosplay in mass amounts on "International Cosplay Day" as they would on Halloween, so why have a separate day for Cosplay when it'll just be incredibly small scale?

Again, I like the idea and all but Halloween works fine for me. I also pick my own photoshoot dates, so no need to make time to do it on this date.

If this was set up for particular locations within each city, state, or country then I would participate but then that would just be called a convention. What's the point in gong out to cosplay on this date when I am certain I will see nobody else in cosplay. I can do that any day!
Estarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 04:11 AM   #34
han-Vu
I know Oyashiro-sama..

This day happens to fall on a Friday for us over here, so we're going to hold a Cosplay Club activity day to coincide with it just for the fun of it.

We'll be playing some Muscle March & TV Show King 2 on the Wii(Ware) so we can all look like fools lol.
han-Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #35
cosplay?

Uwajimaya in Renton Wa. is holding an International Cosplay Day Festival Friday and Saturday. It's going to have a cosplay contest, karaoke contest and vendors. Hopefully lots of cosplayers will show up so it will be lots of fun.

Renton Uwajimaya
501 South Grady Way
Renton, WA 98057
Phone: (425) 277-1635
cosplay? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #36
MDA
Destiny Productions

I'll likely do it... probably something casual because my cosplays are just too... awkward at the moment. I might wear Roxas... with my Org. coat undone. Not working Friday so I can do it
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #37
chaudela
likes your beard

I have a convention on the day, FanEx so I will be in cosplay anyway!
My deviantart: http://penragonwebsite.deviantart.com/
chaudela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:31 AM   #38
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

I wish they'd have it on a school day. I'm in university with no classes on Friday, so I don't have anywhere to go
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:49 AM   #39
raistlin_fanno1
archmage

ill be at castle carnivale sat so ill be a day late
raistlin_fanno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #40
sephygoth
Hater lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estarose View Post
This is a nice idea and all but... why not just do it on Halloween? I doubt people are going to be going out in cosplay in mass amounts on "International Cosplay Day" as they would on Halloween, so why have a separate day for Cosplay when it'll just be incredibly small scale?

Again, I like the idea and all but Halloween works fine for me. I also pick my own photoshoot dates, so no need to make time to do it on this date.

If this was set up for particular locations within each city, state, or country then I would participate but then that would just be called a convention. What's the point in gong out to cosplay on this date when I am certain I will see nobody else in cosplay. I can do that any day!
I wondered why this wasn't the first reply.
We have that juicey october date, take advantage of it if we can. But just like any other "international cosplay day" date. We already fit in to a particular instance, thats rare!
If you can't make it, than I just say deal:like so many instances in the hobby itself, "you can go with this, or you can go with that". More and more excuses to cosplay invented to push the fandom just seems over the top needy and socially forceful in the hobby.
Just one day...I dunno, sounds like a 1-day con that only takes place in the form of online sharing.
Plus, you will get non-cosplay items, to the peeps that think wearing anything is cosplay: well you'r gonna get that, and every scarey horrible form of it, since this excuse only widens the range that already exists in this scope(example anime theme cons, with harry potter, or sci-fi cons with Spiderman). People questioned packaged halloween costumes as cosplay(general consensus is NO, hell no).
Party bonus to the one already set in place, you get tooth killer candy on the date already established. And the thrill will be gone if an open slot is made for this, breaking supposed taboo for halloween(costumes in general) is part of what makes the essence of this hobby and a day for it so forbiddenly sweet, don't ruin it by making a dupe.
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #41
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Well, I would think that the point of having it on a day that isn't Halloween is if enough people do it you will see the "true" cosplayers, not just the random people dressing up for Halloween with no idea what cosplay is, let alone that it is a cosplay holiday.

Also, I wouldn't say that pre-packaged costumes can't be cosplay. I've seen some awesome pre-packaged cosplays at large.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #42
animexluverxnhu

Lol I'll try to wear my cat ear clips at school. Apparently, the code of conduct doesn't say anything about not wearing hair clips of any kind. =D

Edit: But then again, it would be awfully awkward to see people stare at me. And another again, I'm not sure if wearing my cat ear clips I got from last year's AnimeFest will be considered as cosplaying. x];;

Last edited by animexluverxnhu : 08-25-2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
animexluverxnhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #43
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

Agreed with Esta and Sephy. The date is October 31st IMHO, and is commonly called "Halloween" or to cosplayers everywhere "Amateur Night".
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #44
animexluverxnhu

@kojirojames2004: Lol! True, true. But it's nice to show people that we're not afraid to cosplay on days like Friday. :]
animexluverxnhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #45
PenutButtaJelly
To The Dagobah System!

As has been said.

Fan Expo. Cosplay. Me. I r winrar.